Official PractiSe #6: Thursday August 11

Bissainthe has the clearest path, no doubt. Kelly is a FREAK, so they won't be able to keep him off the field.

IMHO, the next "most ready" recruits on defense are the CBs. Those three TFs -- Graves, Rogers and Harris -- are beasts. Stevenson, Couch, Porter and Ivey are most likley getting the lion's share of snaps. Based on early camp reports, Blades ends up playing Safety/Star not CB. After that, I think it's a jump ball. I like what little I've seen in Dunson and Clarke so far. But I expect one or more of those three TF emerges and jumps them in the echelon.
I’m hoping Kelly can provide something like Garvin did his first year

Come in every now and then and just get after the QB, get after the ball, put pressure on the line etc

Advertisement
Bissainthe has the clearest path, no doubt. Kelly is a FREAK, so they won't be able to keep him off the field.

IMHO, the next "most ready" recruits on defense are the CBs. Those three TFs -- Graves, Rogers and Harris -- are beasts. Stevenson, Couch, Porter and Ivey are most likley getting the lion's share of snaps. Based on early camp reports, Blades ends up playing Safety/Star not CB. After that, I think it's a jump ball. I like what little I've seen in Dunson and Clarke so far. But I expect one or more of those three TF emerges and jumps them in the echelon.

Rogers will most likely redshirt. Is he even 100%?

Graves and Harris will most likely play especially on STs.

Come in every now and then and just get after the QB, get after the ball, put pressure on the line etc
Maybe block a punt or two. You are only where you need to be, when you start making plays on special teams. When we see that, we’ll know. Returns, blocks, tackling.

Advertisement

If we can get the Garvin strip sacks against VT and ND I would be thrilled.
Use him later in games when Oline are worn out and let me speed past them.

Trevor Lawrence?

200 (1).gif

Advertisement

@Rellyrell .....remember I told you the story when I met the Fab 5 (only 3...Webber and Howard weren't there) at Mama B's Sub shop in Downtown Orlando in 92....and that Jalen called out the UM hat I was wearing, and spoke with me for a few minutes. He said he Loved UM FB...Jimmy King and Jackson pretty much nodded in approval.

Advertisement
George was solid as PR but you’re telling me Brashard or Rooster wouldn’t be more dangerous back there? Idk. Our Safety room is legit. If our CBs can step up we’ll have a solid D. Need Keyshawn to take that next step as a deep ball threat consistently, that’ll really open up the O.

Advertisement
Passed him going into Publix years ago in Hollywood, had a brief conversation with him and can say he was trashed drunk. I always wondered did he finally sober up or is he still battling demons, anybody know?
Listen to Roy Firestone's recent interview with Bernie. He explained a lot about the issues he was having. It's a good interview and is posted somewhere on this site. Bernie says he had a lot of health issues from concussions, and still has them, but believes he is doing better with some holistic treatments he is involved with.

George was solid as PR but you’re telling me Brashard or Rooster wouldn’t be more dangerous back there? Idk. Our Safety room is legit. If our CBs can step up we’ll have a solid D. Need Keyshawn to take that next step as a deep ball threat consistently, that’ll really open up the O.
I did think George looked much more natural at punt return than anything Miami has had in a while..............but I wonder if players like B Smith and Curtis are getting a crack at it

What happened to Malik Curtis?

Advertisement
Back