Official PractiSe #6: Thursday August 11

Be careful reading what reporters claim they saw. They will sauce you up to be confident and game starts and its the total opposite. Some of these man have no idea how to judge what they are seeing in terms of what's required from a player on any given play.

Advertisement
Man Cyrus Moss is skinny

1660328340070.png

So were Russo and Jalen... let's wait and see in about 2 years. I think he will Redshirt with all the grest DE we have now.

Key point of your post is "2 years". Hopefully it's 1. But there's no way he contributes in anything but garbage time and STs at 220 soaking wet.

Advertisement
Tyrique has been notably quiet this fall... was expecting him to be the clear leader and #1DB on defense but haven't seen him much or heard much about him.. is he a full participant? i know he had some injury issues in the spring but assumed he'd have been 100% by now...
They’ve been careful with him since he missed all spring.

Last edited:
Don’t take anything from drills. Dons my guy and I expect him to bounce back but drills don’t mean much especially this early.
nothing highlights how desperate fans are for football to be back like breaking down drill performance on shaky cell phone video from 40 yards away 😂

Advertisement
Not as big as Jeff Thomas muffing a punt when he should have let it bounce into the end zone and Florida scoring on the very next play! Nope.
Its wasnt the next play they scored but its silly to blame the loss all on one play. If we dont let Toney go 60 yards while bouncing off 5 tacklers we still lead after the JT muff. Do you not remember how horrible our oline was? A young Zion and Campbell was terrible. We gave up 10 sacks and you're trying to blame the loss all one that play? lol Do you realize we had the lead after that play, or that we let uf go 80 yards in 4 plays to take the lead?

Its wasnt the next play they scored but its silly to blame the loss all on one play. If we dont let Toney go 60 yards while bouncing off 5 tacklers we still lead after the JT muff. Do you not remember how horrible our oline was? A young Zion and Campbell was terrible. We gave up 10 sacks and you're trying to blame the loss all one that play? lol Do you realize we had the lead after that play, or that we let uf go 80 yards in 4 plays to take the lead?
First off, we did have the lead after that play, but three plays later UF scored and took the lead. Here's the play-by-play https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=401110723

We win that game if Jeff Thomas doesn't muff that punt. Our defense was playing lights out and UF had no momentum. All the things you're saying are also true, but Toney is an NFL player and Zion/Campbell were freshman. We would have been better off if Jeff had simply not been on the field that play.

So yes, I think blaming the junior wide receiver who was a certified head case his entire time here feels appropriate.

First off, we did have the lead after that play, but three plays later UF scored and took the lead. Here's the play-by-play https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=401110723

We win that game if Jeff Thomas doesn't muff that punt. Our defense was playing lights out and UF had no momentum. All the things you're saying are also true, but Toney is an NFL player and Zion/Campbell were freshman. We would have been better off if Jeff had simply not been on the field that play.

So yes, I think blaming the junior wide receiver who was a certified head case his entire time here feels appropriate.
uh I meant we had the lead after uf scored the TD following the muffed punt.

It doesnt matter if Toney was Barry Sanders, and the other two were HS freshmans. They were still on the field and contributed to the L just as much as the muffed punt. And Toney being an nfl player is no excuse for him bouncing off our defenders like a ping pong ball as was a constant theme during Mannys tenure here.

We can play the what if game all day. What if Baxa doesnt miss the FG and we only need a FG to tie the game at the end after getting the ball deep into uf territory.....What if Gil/Carter or whoever was at fault doesnt blow coverage and allow a 65 yrd pass down the seam.......What if we only give up half the sacks, wasnt constantly playing behind the sticks........

Not excusing JT for the muff. It was a major f up but In a game with the ebbs and flows that game had, its crazy to blame any W or L all on one play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Have you forgotten that Berrios led the ACC in punt returns at least one year, in2017. That year he was TIED with 9 others for the most punt returns in a season with nine. Kick returns are largely a thing of the past.
ALSO LEAD IN FAIR CATCH

Be careful reading what reporters claim they saw. They will sauce you up to be confident and game starts and its the total opposite. Some of these man have no idea how to judge what they are seeing in terms of what's required from a player on any given play.
Amen

uh I meant we had the lead after uf scored the TD following the muffed punt.

It doesnt matter if Toney was Barry Sanders, and the other two were HS freshmans. They were still on the field and contributed to the L just as much as the muffed punt. And Toney being an nfl player is no excuse for him bouncing off our defenders like a ping pong ball as was a constant theme during Mannys tenure here.

We can play the what if game all day. What if Baxa doesnt miss the FG and we only need a FG to tie the game at the end after getting the ball deep into uf territory.....What if Gil/Carter or whoever was at fault doesnt blow coverage and allow a 65 yrd pass down the seam.......What if we only give up half the sacks, wasnt constantly playing behind the sticks........

Not excusing JT for the muff. It was a major f up but In a game with the ebbs and flows that game had, its crazy to blame any W or L all on one play.
Then you’re wrong. We didn’t have the lead after the TD on the muff punt. 17-13 Gators. Go check the play by play I linked.

The difference between what JT did and what the others did is if JT wasn’t on the filed at all we are in a better spot. Catching a punt or letting a bounce is much simpler than any other mistake that happened in that game.

Advertisement
Back