Official PractiSe #6: Thursday August 11

I did think George looked much more natural at punt return than anything Miami has had in a while..............but I wonder if players like B Smith and Curtis are getting a crack at it
Yea don’t want to make it seem like he wasn’t good. He made some plays, but I don’t see him as a guy that’ll house those

Advertisement
Passed him going into Publix years ago in Hollywood, had a brief conversation with him and can say he was trashed drunk. I always wondered did he finally sober up or is he still battling demons, anybody know?
Not drunk. He had major physical issues. There was a great interview with him recently posted on Canesport You tube. He talks at length about his concussions and other medical issues and how he adopted this holistic approach that saves his life.

Last edited:
@Rellyrell .....remember I told you the story when I met the Fab 5 (only 3...Webber and Howard weren't there) at Mama B's Sub shop in Downtown Orlando in 92....and that Jalen called out the UM hat I was wearing, and spoke with me for a few minutes. He said he Loved UM FB...Jimmy King and Jackson pretty much nodded in approval.

Yessir! Sure do. Jalen has always been a Canes fan. He loved that bad guy image. He loves UofM too, don’t get it twisted, but he rooted & I’m sure still roots for us to get back to being the bad guys.

Advertisement
Yessir! Sure do. Jalen has always been a Canes fan. He loved that bad guy image. He loves UofM too, don’t get it twisted, but he rooted & I’m sure still roots for us to get back to being the bad guys.
@Rellyrell .....I know most people equate UM FB to Georgetown Hoops....but I've always thought it should be the Fab 5.....Black Sox....Long shorts.....etc....

This is the one @Rellyrell

kool aid GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would like Citizen at KR. George is fine at PR. He is good at fielding the ball and getting up field
I love seeing young skill players on ST to get their feet wet and get used to the speed of cfb. If the coaches trust their hands of course.

Some highlights that are strictly based off ITU’s viewing, and some have been previously mentioned. Curious if anyone else saw or read different.

- 4 picks by the defense: TVD (1), Garcia (2), Brown (1). Garcia should have had a third but Keontra Smith got bumped into and it fell incomplete. Said they were forced throws, nothing gimmicky or anyone falling down, etc.

- Picks were made by Kam, Frierson, DPJ, and Dunson

- Keshawn Smith got behind the defense over the middle on a TVD bomb for a TD

- D-line has a chance to be special. Waves of bodies coming in; most of the transfers in general are in the 2nd and 3rd units by design as they become more accustomed to the team. Will be interesting to see where they stand/how they perform after the first scrimmage. Parrish is actually pretty integrated into the system, sounds promising.

- Mallory red non-contact jersey; nothing to worry about long term, but…

- Says Knighton and Parrish are top 2 backs, Knighton slight edge. Chaney needs to up his game and needs to get confident in his health, but he’s progressing.

- Parrish, Restrepo, George right now working with punt returns

- Restrepo got open but (reading between the lines) had a few drops. Keshawn looked good, runs well and has speed. Ladson rounds out his Top 3 (yikes), and Michael Redding has quietly impressed the coaching staff. He’s that #4 If he had to guess. Colbie Young had a nice TD that he had to chase down, showed decent burst.

- Rivers moving around from guard to tackle, getting looks at the latter. Cooper and McCoy pushing the 2nd unit for right and left tackle, respectively

- James Williams + Avantae are the top 2 safeties, he said “clear cut”. Avantae is always hitting dudes when he can, he’s a heat seeking missile; has the advantage on Kam.

Advertisement
Insane picture haha

A mixture of both is ideal but I'd take ball security and awareness every single day over what Jeff did consistently as a punt returner. He lost us that UF season opener on his own.
On his own? So the missed FG, Toney bouncing off about 3 defenders on his way to the endzone from about the 50, or the blown coverage at the end wasnt a major factor huh?

Some highlights that are strictly based off ITU’s viewing, and some have been previously mentioned. Curious if anyone else saw or read different.

- 4 picks by the defense: TVD (1), Garcia (2), Brown (1). Garcia should have had a third but Keontra Smith got bumped into and it fell incomplete. Said they were forced throws, nothing gimmicky or anyone falling down, etc.

- Picks were made by Kam, Frierson, DPJ, and Dunson

- Keshawn Smith got behind the defense over the middle on a TVD bomb for a TD

- D-line has a chance to be special. Waves of bodies coming in; most of the transfers in general are in the 2nd and 3rd units by design as they become more accustomed to the team. Will be interesting to see where they stand/how they perform after the first scrimmage. Parrish is actually pretty integrated into the system, sounds promising.

- Mallory red non-contact jersey; nothing to worry about long term, but…

- Says Knighton and Parrish are top 2 backs, Knighton slight edge. Chaney needs to up his game and needs to get confident in his health, but he’s progressing.

- Parrish, Restrepo, George right now working with punt returns

- Restrepo got open but (reading between the lines) had a few drops. Keshawn looked good, runs well and has speed. Ladson rounds out his Top 3 (yikes), and Michael Redding has quietly impressed the coaching staff. He’s that #4 If he had to guess. Colbie Young had a nice TD that he had to chase down, showed decent burst.

- Rivers moving around from guard to tackle, getting looks at the latter. Cooper and McCoy pushing the 2nd unit for right and left tackle, respectively

- James Williams + Avantae are the top 2 safeties, he said “clear cut”. Avantae is always hitting dudes when he can, he’s a heat seeking missile; has the advantage on Kam.
Why yikes on Ladson?

Why yikes on Ladson?
I have no idea why I left that in there lol I was just making some personal notes as I was listening to his breakdown; but I’m in the camp that thinks his ceiling is what it is, and hopefully one of the younger guys takes his role.

Obviously it’s very early and we haven’t even seen a scrimmage yet so it’s unfair to judge, but Ladson just hasn’t wowed me and was underwhelming in the spring game; so that’s all I can base it off. Doesn’t mean he won’t end up being good - I hope he somehow becomes the guy everyone saw in high school, or even a reliable RZ and big/bodied 3rd down target …I just have nothing tangible to build that hope on, however.

Advertisement
Back