Official PractiSe #6: Thursday August 11

Cornerback gonna be hard because Stevenson is locked in and I think one of our best players overall, couch is said to be stepping up, Practice Ivey will take reps until gameday, Blades is back, Porter transferred in under coach impression room was terrible but they been surprised by unit but he was starter at power 5 school..

And thats before getting in other underclassmen corners we have

Bissainthe has the clearest path, no doubt. Kelly is a FREAK, so they won't be able to keep him off the field.

IMHO, the next "most ready" recruits on defense are the CBs. Those three TFs -- Graves, Rogers and Harris -- are beasts. Stevenson, Couch, Porter and Ivey are most likley getting the lion's share of snaps. Based on early camp reports, Blades ends up playing Safety/Star not CB. After that, I think it's a jump ball. I like what little I've seen in Dunson and Clarke so far. But I expect one or more of those three TF emerges and jumps them in the echelon.

Advertisement
1660237582284.png

Not a coach like @gogeta4 . But I was onboard of the Kelly > Stewart bus far before Stewart chose A2M. I wanted both. But I wanted Kelly more.

And back when everyone was glowing about Moss in Spring camp, saying he should play right away this season, I said they were talking about the wrong true freshman DE. Put another 30-40 pounds on Cyrus and then let's talk. Kelly is ready to go right now. Him and Bissainthe, possibly one of the CBs, are my true freshmen defensive candidates to play lots of snaps this season.

I wanted both, but liked Stewart more. Love kids from Pace, Norland, and Carol City. Seems like they always contribute at some point.

Advertisement

Is anyone surprised about Harrell? I very rarely throw my hands up on recruits. But him and K Washington were two I just couldn't fathom. I'd happy for them if they continue to play with the team, as long as we're at or under the 85 cap. They can definitely help on STs if they want to be Canes. But they are not P5 starters, much less playoff contender starters.

I wanted both, but liked Stewart more. Love kids from Pace, Norland, and Carol City. Seems like they always contribute at some point.

Yeah, Stewart has all the potential in the world, as well. His hype was real. It's a Phillips v Rousseau discussion. I'm just saying if I had to take one of them, it would have been Kelly.

p.s., hot take: Stewart back to the U in 2.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back