Official PractiSe #6: Thursday August 11

If you think X is fair catching everything then you're not watching Canes football.
He's a risk taker back there. That's how he got in trouble last season, for taking chances. X ain't trying to fair catch ****.
Yeah,if anything he was a bit reckless/impatient at times.

Advertisement
ALSO LEAD IN FAIR CATCH
I think also in least fumbled punts lost. Many on this board live with the long dead myth of punt returns. In 2021, there were only 6 players who averaged more than 2 returns per game.in FBS I think the influx of Aussie style and overall better punting has reduced the chances for return.

Then you’re wrong. We didn’t have the lead after the TD on the muff punt. 17-13 Gators. Go check the play by play I linked.

The difference between what JT did and what the others did is if JT wasn’t on the filed at all we are in a better spot. Catching a punt or letting a bounce is much simpler than any other mistake that happened in that game.
uhhh you might want to check the link you posted again. I dont need too. I remember that game like it as yesterday. DJ broke for about 50 and scored the possession after the muffed punt and uf TD making it 20-17. Carter then picks off Franks, Baxa misses a FG, we give up the bomb on blown coverage and uf scores to make it 24-20, we get sacked on 4th down, Finley picks off Franks, we get the ball to around uf 20 yrd line then cant convert on 4th down, then uf takes a knee to end the game.

Again, the same thing you say about the muff can be said about any other big mistake we made. If we dont let Toney run through us we are in a better spot, if Baxa makes a gimme 27yrd FG we are in a better spot to kick a FG and win instead of needing a TD on our last possession, if we dont blow coverage the following possession we are in better shape, if we dont give up 10 sacks we are in a better spot. Catching a punt isnt any more simpler than 5 guys having a chance to tackle one player.

uhhh you might want to check the link you posted again. I dont need too. I remember that game like it as yesterday. DJ broke for about 50 and scored the possession after the muffed punt and uf TD making it 20-17. Carter then picks off Franks, Baxa misses a FG, we give up the bomb on blown coverage and uf scores to make it 24-20, we get sacked on 4th down, Finley picks off Franks, we get the ball to around uf 20 yrd line then cant convert on 4th down, then uf takes a knee to end the game.

Again, the same thing you say about the muff can be said about any other big mistake we made. If we dont let Toney run through us we are in a better spot, if Baxa makes a gimme 27yrd FG we are in a better spot to kick a FG and win instead of needing a TD on our last possession, if we dont blow coverage the following possession we are in better shape, if we dont give up 10 sacks we are in a better spot. Catching a punt isnt any more simpler than 5 guys having a chance to tackle one player.
So we retook the lead. But immediately after the punt muff (which is what I’m saying) we trailed.

And no, what I’m saying can’t be said about any other mistake. If you take those guys that you’re criticizing literally off the field, it’s the same result. If you take Jeff off the field, it’s a completely different result.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So we retook the lead. But immediately after the punt muff (which is what I’m saying) we trailed.

And no, what I’m saying can’t be said about any other mistake. If you take those guys that you’re criticizing literally off the field, it’s the same result. If you take Jeff off the field, it’s a completely different result.
ok so if we retook the lead following uf's TD after the muff, then how can you say JT is the one that lost the game on that one play?

As far as your last paragraph, thats that what if game you keep playing. Im not sure how you can even determine what would happen if different players was on the field, but at the same time, thats irrelevant because the players we are discussing was on the field and are held accountable. Doesnt matter if you are a walk on, if you are put on the field, you are expected to execute and held accountable if you dont. Coaches dont say, "oh he is just a freshman, its ok that he gave up 5 sacks" or "Toney is an nfl player and we have nobody else to put on the field, its ok that he ran through our defense." Nobody gets a pass from that game. JT's muff, all the sacks (Williams takes some of the blame for holding the ball to long), the terrible play calling in the beginning, the tackling, blown coverage, missed fg, the fake punt we let uf convert that lead to Toney TD run, Pinckney recognizing Perine running an arrow route out of the backfield to late and letting him cross his face as he went in for a TD on 3rd and 7 immediately following the muffed punt all contributed evenly to that L. If you eliminate any one of those mistakes, we probably win that game.

Advertisement
Back