Official PractiSe #6: Thursday August 11

I have no idea why I left that in there lol I was just making some personal notes as I was listening to his breakdown; but I’m in the camp that thinks his ceiling is what it is, and hopefully one of the younger guys takes his role.

Obviously it’s very early and we haven’t even seen a scrimmage yet so it’s unfair to judge, but Ladson just hasn’t wowed me and was underwhelming in the spring game; so that’s all I can base it off. Doesn’t mean he won’t end up being good - I hope he somehow becomes the guy everyone saw in high school, or even a reliable RZ and big/bodied 3rd down target …I just have nothing tangible to build that hope on, however.
Reasonable response.

I just don't understand why ppl have been so quick to give up on him so early here.

Many players take years to put it together, especially the bigger receivers.

Tommy Streeter and Leonard Hankerson are perfect examples. First two years here...nada. then they both out it together 3rd season. I understand Ladson going into his 4th season, but he has battled injuries that have shortened his seasons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-222319_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-222319_Google.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 59
Advertisement
Reasonable response.

I just don't understand why ppl have been so quick to give up on him so early here.

Many players take years to put it together, especially the bigger receivers.

Tommy Streeter and Leonard Hankerson are perfect examples. First two years here...nada. then they both out it together 3rd season. I understand Ladson going into his 4th season, but he has battled injuries that have shortened his seasons.
That’s totally fair, even a guy like Lawrence Cager progressively got better as he matured, and built off that when he left Miami for UGA. It can definitely happen.

so excited for James and Avantae to hold down the safety positions

two of the best safeties in the country both starting at the same time, incredible for our growth as a defense.
If Avantae was a couple inches taller we would have 2 5* safeties starting.Won't happen in this class but hopefully we can land some elite safeties in 24 to replace them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bro
Nobody questions his natural talent. Its the fact that he can never stay healthy. The guy is a 3rd year player and has yet to play a full college season meanwhile Rooster was carrying the load all by his lonesome late last season and was durable and didnt miss a beat and was probably weighing 20lbs less. We need Don to be a Don and be that 5* RB he was billed to be out of HS. Time's up...
Dislike you quoted a Gator coach
Facts and that’s exactly why don’t want X back there. He going to fair catch EVERYTHING just like Berrios or maybe the previous coaching staff tell em too. But want Brashad Smith or Citizen back there

@Rellyrell .....remember I told you the story when I met the Fab 5 (only 3...Webber and Howard weren't there) at Mama B's Sub shop in Downtown Orlando in 92....and that Jalen called out the UM hat I was wearing, and spoke with me for a few minutes. He said he Loved UM FB...Jimmy King and Jackson pretty much nodded in approval.
Relly’s just being nice. Pics or we don’t believe it.

76DB2F1A-0945-47EA-94AD-E33AAE4AA035.gif

Advertisement
On his own? So the missed FG, Toney bouncing off about 3 defenders on his way to the endzone from about the 50, or the blown coverage at the end wasnt a major factor huh?
Not as big as Jeff Thomas muffing a punt when he should have let it bounce into the end zone and Florida scoring on the very next play! Nope.

Advertisement
Bro

Facts and that’s exactly why don’t want X back there. He going to fair catch EVERYTHING just like Berrios or maybe the previous coaching staff tell em too. But want Brashad Smith or Citizen back there
I don’t know why you think X will fair catch everything. Not saying he’s a good choice. But he took some risks back there. Dropped a few also.

Some highlights that are strictly based off ITU’s viewing, and some have been

- James Williams + Avantae are the top 2 safeties, he said “clear cut”. Avantae is always hitting dudes when he can, he’s a heat seeking missile; has the advantage on Kam.
we gotta get all three of them on the field together, Kam was the best open field tackler on the team last year

People laughed when I asked the other day if Redding was competing for PT. It sounds like he’s in the mix now.

Bro

Have you forgotten that Berrios led the ACC in punt returns at least one year, in2017. That year he was TIED with 9 others for the most punt returns in a season with nine. Kick returns are largely a thing of the past.

Advertisement
Back