Practice things

Advertisement
McDermott fits better at guard on paper. He's not that long and he's only a decent athlete.

Games aren't played on paper, and we played best when he was LT. But I think today's lineup is the most physically imposing group we can put together.

Advertisement
I'm glad they have darling at his rightful position. Will be very strong for us there and can move well

McDermott fits better at guard on paper. He's not that long and he's only a decent athlete.

Games aren't played on paper, and we played best when he was LT. But I think today's lineup is the most physically imposing group we can put together.

Let's say Gaynor comes in and earns some time at Center. What kind of flexibility, if any, does this give us up front?

Don't know enough about OL to know who can realistically move around.

I remember Darling looking much better at RT than LT, would that logical translate to him being better at RG than LG?

and do you think they'll try Gaynor at G or C?

Advertisement
If McDermott plays guard and Linder plays center when he returns, this offensive line will be as bad as the start of last season.

McDermott may be built like a guard, but he cannot play guard.

Let's say Gaynor comes in and earns some time at Center. What kind of flexibility, if any, does this give us up front?

That would allow Gauthier to slide back to guard, where he was arguably our best lineman down the stretch.

Fun fact: Navaughn Donaldson's practice jersey has more material than a 100 sq. ft. tent.

Anybody knows his waist size?!

Last edited:
I remember Darling looking much better at RT than LT, would that logical translate to him being better at RG than LG?

One of the former OL or OL coaches on the board can answer that question a lot better than me.

As for Gaynor, I think he's a center. They see him as another Ben Jones.

Advertisement
Burns is gigantic. If he can retain athleticism at that size look out. Ty Moss was a big RB like that with nifty feet. He was really cranking it up as a RB before he shredded his knee.

King Don doesn't look sloppy fat. So much for that 375 pound nonsense. Clearly, they signed him with the idea of plugging him in right away and getting 3 years of starts out of him.

LULZ at the McDermott hate on here. He's going to be nice for us this year.

Burns is gigantic. If he can retain athleticism at that size look out. Ty Moss was a big RB like that with nifty feet. He was really cranking it up as a RB before he shredded his knee.

King Don doesn't look sloppy fat. So much for that 375 pound nonsense. Clearly, they signed him with the idea of plugging him in right away and getting 3 years of starts out of him.

LULZ at the McDermott hate on here. He's going to be nice for us this year.

Official spring roster got donalson at 6'6 350.

Pat Bethel has been moved to tackle according to what Matt Porter saw at practice. He was second team with Moten. Willis wasn't out there today.

The Living Legend strikes again. So much for all the hairbags who said Bethel would be a DE his entire career because of his "frame."

Advertisement

One of the former OL or OL coaches on the board can answer that question a lot better than me.

Need a C that can anchor that line and not get blown backwards into the backfield. I believe VT's nose man did that consistently in our game last year, if my memory hasn't faded even more.

The difference of being a left tackle vs right tackle is far greater than being a lg or rg.

Advertisement
Back