Practice things

I remember Darling looking much better at RT than LT, would that logical translate to him being better at RG than LG?

One of the former OL or OL coaches on the board can answer that question a lot better than me.

As for Gaynor, I think he's a center. They see him as another Ben Jones.

Need a C that can anchor that line and not get blown backwards into the backfield. I believe VT's nose man did that consistently in our game last year, if my memory hasn't faded even more.

And nd dt who didn't do anything all last year but against Miami he dominated the center and guards

Advertisement
I remember Darling looking much better at RT than LT, would that logical translate to him being better at RG than LG?

One of the former OL or OL coaches on the board can answer that question a lot better than me.

The difference of being a left tackle vs right tackle is far greater than being a lg or rg.
Given about Tackle, but what are the details on LG vs RG besides the two obvious things about (a) attributes of defender typically faced on the left side of the line and (b) OL footwork?

As for Suarez's question, the reasons Darling looked better at RT when he played were scheme at time and speed faced on Left vs Right.

McDermott fits better at guard on paper. He's not that long and he's only a decent athlete.

Games aren't played on paper, and we played best when he was LT. But I think today's lineup is the most physically imposing group we can put together.

Our entire OL struggled with Linder at center. Let's see how McDermott looks at G with a physically capable C in place.

Hope to see LT St. Louis, LG Gauthier, C Gaynor, RG Darling, RT Donaldson. McDermott looked HORRIBLE at guard last year.

LT- Brown (LSU Transfer)
LG- Darling
OC- Gauthier
RG- Donaldson
RT- St Louis/Sunny

I think that's our best 5. Also give Gaynor and Herbert shots to prove themselves otherswise RS them

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hope to see LT St. Louis, LG Gauthier, C Gaynor, RG Darling, RT Donaldson. McDermott looked HORRIBLE at guard last year.

LT- Brown (LSU Transfer)
LG- Darling
OC- Gauthier
RG- Darling
RT- St Louis/Sunny

I think that's our best 5. Also give Gaynor and Herbert shots to prove themselves otherswise RS them
Assuming you mean Donaldson or Mcdermott at RG.

6_5193573.jpg5193686.jpg

LT- Brown (LSU Transfer)
LG- Darling
OC- Gauthier
RG- Darling
RT- St Louis/Sunny

Brown at LT isn't happening. He hasn't played a single down in college and you don't put a player with 0 playing experience at the most important position. He wasn't a 5 star/high 4 star recruit either.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I crazy to think it's good news that St. Louis is starting spring at LT? He finished the season relatively strong at RT last year, but they obviously didn't think he was the best fit at LT the last 5 games of the season when they put McDermott there who just as easily could have started spring at the position if not Brown. Physically, St. Louis is probably our best fit for LT. Sure would be nice if he locks down the position.

Need a C that can anchor that line and not get blown backwards into the backfield. I believe VT's nose man did that consistently in our game last year, if my memory hasn't faded even more.

The Notre Dame game was absolutely brutal to watch, we need someone to hold the interior bad.

Advertisement
Media viewing session is over, but a source just told me that Sheldrick Redwine is working with safeties right now

Cough cough
Looks like there was another bet after the first Jackson/Redwine bet supposedly landed Jackson at Safety.

Jackson was also rumored to be so out of favor that he wasn't expected to play the following Saturday because he was acting like a "*****" in practice. Of course he did play that Saturday. Rumor came from the same place as the bet rumor.

Last edited:
[TWEET]844216439280189440[/TWEET]

The elephant in the room !!! Richt has not had the time to build depth at QB and that could be a huge issue this year.

I'm not worried about the future at this position as CMR appears he will bring in a stud every class but this year is an absolute question mark.

Advertisement
Back