Practice things

Advertisement
Why is McDermott back at Guard? He doesn't belong there...

And holy ****, Donaldson is YUGE. Biggest player on the team from day 1.

Pat Bethel has been moved to tackle according to what Matt Porter saw at practice. He was second team with Moten. Willis wasn't out there today.
Understated news, too. If Bethel can somehow grow into a Tackle at 275-285, he'll be very important to us in 2018.

I'm not sure if the roster numbers have been updated recently or not, but Bethel is currently listed at 272 pounds. I imagine this is an updated weight. Can anyone confirm?
If he can continue to gain good weight, he would be really, really helpful in 2018. I'd even consider throwing him a RS this year. Imagine if we somehow get lucky with landing Logan from LSU for 2018:

DT Logan/Martin/Frosh
DT Ford/Bethel/Grad Transfer

That looks a heck of a lot better than the vulnerability I'm currently anticipating.

Advertisement
Pat Bethel has been moved to tackle according to what Matt Porter saw at practice. He was second team with Moten. Willis wasn't out there today.

I told y'all boys since we've recruited him, he's gonna be a DT.

Needs to add more weight. He will probably be a tweener this year.

Like LuCane said below, we dont need him until next year. We got a legit 4 deep at DT this year. And hes not beating any of them out for PT. (Moten-Norton-McIntosh-Willis)..Get him acclimated this year and ready for 2018. Lord willing Norton or McIntosh or both stay around for there Sr years though.

Advertisement

Lot of guys rehabbing wasn't out there
Gray, linder, odogwu, Willis as well as others

Really feel like Kendrick Norton could be as good as Montravious Adams was for Auburn last year. Very big athletic tackle that is very quick. If you've seen Adams you know he was the best player on their defense last year. I fully expect this d line to at least finish top 5 in sacks.

Barry Jackson
@flasportsbuzz
DeeJay Dallas explosive UM WR newcomer. Turned short catch into long gain at first practice, per TE Chris Herndon.

Advertisement

Like LuCane said below, we dont need him until next year. We got a legit 4 deep at DT this year. And hes not beating any of them out for PT. (Moten-Norton-McIntosh-Willis)..Get him acclimated this year and ready for 2018. Lord willing Norton or McIntosh or both stay around for there Sr years though.

May need him this year. 4 Dts isnt a lot. One of them gets hurt and now you only have 3. Or one of them isnt playing well and you are just throwing a body out there.

May need him this year. 4 Dts isnt a lot. One of them gets hurt and now you only have 3. Or one of them isnt playing well and you are just throwing a body out there.

I could see Chad playing some DT if we incur some injuries.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back