Practice #14

Advertisement
I don’t really understand why Tate is such a polarizing figure to our fan base. Every day there are posters who not only seem to enjoy his struggles, but seem to actively root against him and downplay anything positive someone says about him. This isn’t exclusive to CIS either, I’ve seen it on Facebook Miami fan pages as well.

I just don’t get it. He’s a Miami Hurricane QB, and should be supported as such. Even if he ultimately doesn’t win the job, we should want all 3 QBs playing well so the starter doesn’t back into the job and instead legitimately earns it..
His fanboys won't admit he's not playing well. They make excuses for him when he doesn't play well. One excuse they keep using is : " he's learning a new offense ". This offense is new to ALL the QBs....

Advertisement
Advertisement

Attachments

• tenor (2).gif
    tenor (2).gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
I don’t really understand why Tate is such a polarizing figure to our fan base. Every day there are posters who not only seem to enjoy his struggles, but seem to actively root against him and downplay anything positive someone says about him. This isn’t exclusive to CIS either, I’ve seen it on Facebook Miami fan pages as well.

I just don’t get it. He’s a Miami Hurricane QB, and should be supported as such. Even if he ultimately doesn’t win the job, we should want all 3 QBs playing well so the starter doesn’t back into the job and instead legitimately earns it..

No Cane fan is rooting against Tate. And no Cane fan should be rooting for Tate, either. But for some odd reason we have very vocal fanboys of Tate who are nauseating. Pretty ghey if you ask me. You're just seeing backlash against the Tate groupies.

Cane fans should want the best for the team.

Thoughts on the number of days not in pads? Last Thursday, both practices this week. Plus first 2 of the spring might be mandatory no pads. Just seems like lots of days not in pads when there's only 15 practices to begin with. That's only 10 practices in pads. 7 when you subtract the 3 scrimmages. I get that injuries play a factor and you don't want a vigorous practice in pads two days before a scrimmage, but on the same hand don't they practice in pads on Thursdays in season?

Thoughts you ask? Spring isn't about killing each other on the football field. Spring is about the fundamentals and getting the technical craft down. Summer is for building championships through conditioning and strength training. When I was still in the Marine Corps as a spec ops team leader, we didn't roll heavy everyday when training. That would just break bodies and make us ineffective as a unit. We rehearsed and trained to death to get the technical skills down, then would have "dress rehearsals" when we were about to roll out on missions. You can't expect going 100% all the time and still be healthy. Look at all of our injuries this Spring.

His fanboys won't admit he's not playing well. They make excuses for him when he doesn't play well. One excuse they keep using is : " he's learning a new offense ". This offense is new to ALL the QBs....

Why are you so angry some fans want to give him time before framing him a piece of **** loser?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thoughts you ask? Spring isn't about killing each other on the football field. Spring is about the fundamentals and getting the technical craft down. Summer is for building championships through conditioning and strength training. When I was still in the Marine Corps as a spec ops team leader, we didn't roll heavy everyday when training. That would just break bodies and make us ineffective as a unit. We rehearsed and trained to death to get the technical skills down, then would have "dress rehearsals" when we were about to roll out on missions. You can't expect going 100% all the time and still be healthy. Look at all of our injuries this Spring.
I'm not recommending killing each other everyday or every practice. Practices are separated by 1-2 full days in the spring. Funny how summer camp will feature multiple back-to-back days in full pads and, although I can't say for certain, I would guess the team conducts "high intensity" workouts, stressing the same joints, on back-to-back days during many points of the off season (maybe why we're seeing bodies breaking down now although we need a lot more specifics on how these injuries occurred).

My concern is mainly the offensive line. Weakest area on the team and the one, in my opinion, which would most benefit from live action in full pads. Fundamentals can be worked in full pads too.

There’s just one guy who acts as his PR rep here. And one other guy who thinks that “transfer Tate” should be fed to fire ants because he didn’t pick UM out of high school, even tho he was never offered by richt.

Those guys will rant and rave to Anyone who disagrees, making it seem like the rest of the board has an agenda.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back