Practice #14

Agreed... The QB's last year were never coached up. Enos is earning his money with these guys. Looks like Enos (all position coaches) are really trying to teach these guys. All 3 QB's were 4* and have the potential to be very good. We as fans have to be patient, and not rush to any conclusions after 12 practices & 3 scrimmages. There's a lot more to be taught and worked on before the season starts.

Could be. I love what I’m reading about Williams and Perry too. And someone has to be the starter.

That’s why we need to trust the coaches. Enos isn’t Richt. He’s rising not retiring. He wants to be head coach of a top 10 program in 2-3 years and won’t play favorites or let up. Our third best QB will still be much better than what Rosier and Perry looked like last season.

Advertisement
IDC if he wins but I just love hearing the QB's progressing and pushing each other to get better. IT's refreshing...

Yepp, he also noted Jarren was on the money. And his quote "5 was being 5" aka he hits some great throws and then duffs some others lol.

But yeah, progress baby.

I'd love to hear some one ask Andy Vaughn another key question, and that is "what are you and the staff doing to ascertain that we keep the players that we want playing with us on game day, so that they are not pilfered by our competitors?"

Advertisement
Why are you so angry some fass want to give him time before framing him a piece of **** loser?
Who said I was angry. Check my post and you'll see I don't care who wins. If you playing like **** in scrimmages, I'm not going to prop you up.
Don't put me in your little either you love Tate or hate him box. Just because your small mind can't judge things objectively.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Zion Nelson measured at 271 yesterday....... :2h3mpi1:

Especially encouraging considering Spring camp is less likely to be a time for weight gain due to less focus purely on strength training & conditioning due to practices and position meetings.

Considering his seeming work ethic, I have little doubt he'll add a minimum of 10 more pounds of good weight between Spring and Fall camp.

His fanboys won't admit he's not playing well. They make excuses for him when he doesn't play well. One excuse they keep using is : " he's learning a new offense ". This offense is new to ALL the QBs....

Sure the other QBs have that same excuse, which would still be a fairly valid excuse for any of the 3 qbs poor play at times, but like Enos said in an interview last week Martell is also dealing with a new environment, new teammates, new school and new city. Along with dealing with all the hype that was rightly or wrongly attached to him. But it is incredibly dumb for our own fan base to hold the hype against him becasue its not his fault ( some of the hype is probably due to the same fans as well) and it doesnt really encourage other good players from wanting to come here if they wont be welcomed if they dont step right in and start killing it.

I'm not saying he shouldnt be held to a high standard and have high expectations, but there is a difference between that and some appearing to enjoy negative reports about him. Its only been a few weeks, will he win the job? Idk I like all 3 qbs tbh, but I know he will continue to get better.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Sure the other QBs have that same excuse, which would still be a fairly valid excuse for any of the 3 qbs poor play at times, but like Enos said in an interview last week Martell is also dealing with a new environment, new teammates, new school and new city. Along with dealing with all the hype that was rightly or wrongly attached to him. But it is incredibly dumb for our own fan base to hold the hype against him becasue its not his fault ( some of the hype is probably due to the same fans as well) and it doesnt really encourage other good players from wanting to come here if they wont be welcomed if they dont step right in and start killing it.

I'm not saying he shouldnt be held to a high standard and have high expectations, but there is a difference between that and some appearing to enjoy negative reports about him. Its only been a few weeks, will he win the job? Idk I like all 3 qbs tbh, but I know he will continue to get better.
Agreed. I think he will improve as well. Before spring practice started I picked him to be the winner of the QB battle. Things haven't gone well for him soo far, but it's not over. I just want a super star QB under center to bring some hype to the program.

Lake is trash. All he does is regurgitate Jackson. And Ivins has no inside source. He uses the same lines over and over.
What inside sources do they need for reporting what they see with their eyes? Dudes want reporters to give them insight on what they see at practice, but then get frustrated when they aren't getting back what they want to hear.

Advertisement
What inside sources do they need for reporting what they see with their eyes? Dudes want reporters to give them insight on what they see at practice, but then get frustrated when they aren't getting back what they want to hear.
I believe the gripe is more that these reporters dont know **** on some of the **** they report on, for example when navarro tries speaking on qb mechanics

Advertisement
Back