Practice #14

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@avax , many thanks mate for all the postings from practice today! It is refreshing to get something, anything given the lockdown Manolo has initiated. So it’s nice to see how some of the work is starting to pay off for the team. Routes look crisper and receivers are catching the ball better. Exciting to see.

Advertisement
247 said he is missing a lot of throws today.

Could be. I love what I’m reading about Williams and Perry too. And someone has to be the starter.

That’s why we need to trust the coaches. Enos isn’t Richt. He’s rising not retiring. He wants to be head coach of a top 10 program in 2-3 years and won’t play favorites or let up. Our third best QB will still be much better than what Rosier and Perry looked like last season.

Thoughts on the number of days not in pads? Last Thursday, both practices this week. Plus first 2 of the spring might be mandatory no pads. Just seems like lots of days not in pads when there's only 15 practices to begin with. That's only 10 practices in pads. 7 when you subtract the 3 scrimmages. I get that injuries play a factor and you don't want a vigorous practice in pads two days before a scrimmage, but on the same hand don't they practice in pads on Thursdays in season?

Advertisement
Thoughts on the number of days not in pads? Last Thursday, both practices this week. Plus first 2 of the spring might be mandatory no pads. Just seems like lots of days not in pads when there's only 15 practices to begin with. That's only 10 practices in pads. 7 when you subtract the 3 scrimmages. I get that injuries play a factor and you don't want a vigorous practice in pads two days before a scrimmage, but on the same hand don't they practice in pads on Thursdays in season?

I think there are rules to this....like how many days you can be in pads and how many days in full contact

Too many guys already hurt and missing practice. Better to not wear pads and just work on the fundamentals and learning the new system.

We are razor thin at so many positions. It doesn't make since to jeopardize your season in the spring, by overplaying the available players. They will be back in pads on Saturday.

Advertisement
Back