Post Game Recap: UVA

View as article
Sports psychologists won’t be able to teach him how to read defenses
Deal with anxiety (or whatever's going through his head) = slow the game down = read defenses better and more productive play. You cannot perform at your best when you're scatterbrained.

If he's hurt and that's why his play has fallen off he needs to stop forcing it he's not doing the team any favors

Advertisement
Deal with anxiety (or whatever's going through his head) = slow the game down = read defenses better and more productive play. You cannot perform at your best when you're scatterbrained.

If he's hurt and that's why his play has fallen off he needs to stop forcing it he's not doing the team any favors
It’s been mentioned on ait earlier this season that TVD goes to the sports psychologist all the time.

It’s why Kam has played the way he’s played for most of the year because he’s having to field 2 coverage shells simultaneously.

They’ve placed the premium on Tackling & not really on coverage. The philosophy is, we’ll give up some catches & yards just as long as they tackle at the catch point it won’t go for YAC... Which makes sense, until you a play team like UNC.

I’m guessing they’re just sticking with the guys they brought to the dance because they’re solid in short area coverage & can come up in the run game, but any time we play a team with a legit QB & WR’s we’re gonna be sweating bullets.
So right on the money! Meanwhile Jadais Richard, Damari Brown and Demetrius Freeney just rot on the bench. I thought this staff was about competition and accountability.

Last edited:
my take is that this win vs UVA was better than last season’s win va UVA. So we’re headed in the right direction. The speed And reliability of improvement are questionable.

Advertisement
Imo next week TVD should be playing for his college career. I’d give him the first half and if it looks anything like today it’s over. It’s played its course.

I understand he has three injuries that causes an issue with mechanics and throwing the ball but the decisions today are just unacceptable. GT too. Regardless if it’s the injuries affecting his throwing , thinking about getting hit or he’s just shot out something has to change fast.

The only hope is he hit rock bottom today and he bounces back. Regardless this marriage is at a crossroad and something has to give.

Well lucky for TVD it is NC State and Tony Gibson coming up.

Never seen a program and DC more in love with playing press man coverage. TVD best game as freshman was against them.

I’m at a loss as to why we haven’t used more corners. Skinner and Riley Williams have their butt cheeks permanently engraved on the bench too.
Yeah, what has Skinner done (or not done) to regress in PT so much this season.

Well lucky for TVD it is NC State and Tony Gibson coming up.

Never seen a program and DC more in love with playing press man coverage. TVD best game as freshman was against them.

Yeah, clearly TVD struggles mightily against zone, but some folks take that opponents will abandon their existing coverage schemes /tendencies and implement predominantly zone looks is a LEAP. This isn't the NFL.

Advertisement
QB's can make or break the morale of an entire team. If the morale on the offense wasn't already broken, I bet it's currently on thin ice. I can almost guarantee that a large majority of this team doesn't fvck with TVD.
His body language fvckin' sucks, he has zero moxy or leadership ability and he's costing us games. That's the type of **** that will not only lose your offense but have the defense ****ed at you as well. (been apart of this dynamic plenty times)

Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he was the only offensive player that didn't run to the endzone to celebrate after Fletcher's winning touchdown.
The kid is just going through the motions and he's checked out.

Look at the way the whole team celebrated with Emory after the Clemson game.

You said it….what I think most of us have been thinking. TVD doesn’t even look like he wants to be out there frankly. I’m all for cool and collected but you can be that and show leadership. Ridiculous he doesn’t go down there cheering on Fletcher/Cohen.

You said it….what I think most of us have been thinking. TVD doesn’t even look like he wants to be out there frankly. I’m all for cool and collected but you can be that and show leadership. Ridiculous he doesn’t go down there cheering on Fletcher/Cohen.
If true that he didn't go down and celebrate an OT win with Fletch and Cohen, TVD has even further alienated himself from his teammates. 100% selfish. kid is a zit on the *** of progress.

Lethargic is the right word for him.. his passes have no zip and when he’s throwing it looks like he’s just going through the motions.

Hopefully everything’s all right with him / his family and it’s just him losing his will. And hopefully he can find it again.

Advertisement
haven't seen it talked about, but James Williams almost blocked UVA's OT field goal, at least he was closer than any other Miami player has gotten since bolden got one on clemson

Advertisement
What a waste of a role. Why not just have McCoy in all the time? He can probably catch better than McCormick on the 1 pass he gets each game.
One reason is depth. We already lost Samson and aren't exactly stacked so they are likely protecting him by limiting the snap counts.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but Mesidor is officially out for the season.

It’s time for the youth movement of Bain and Wayne.
It’s a shame. He’s a solid player but I expected him to do a lot of dirty work in this defense and let some other guys make plays. If nothing else was hoping to get some less than 100% snaps from him just to help keep Bain fresh

Advertisement
Back