Post Game Recap: UVA

View as article
Advertisement
haven't seen it talked about, but James Williams almost blocked UVA's OT field goal, at least he was closer than any other Miami player has gotten since bolden got one on clemson
He got a bit of an early start too. Was concerned with whether he was offside.

Have we discussed our defenders being dragged for extra yardage by the ball carrier at an insane rate? It started with Cloyd being dragged 4 yards into the end zone against GT and yesterday it seemed like at least half their 3rd down conversions were as a result of our guys getting dragged forward 2-3 yards.

Advertisement
Have we discussed our defenders being dragged for extra yardage by the ball carrier at an insane rate? It started with Cloyd being dragged 4 yards into the end zone against GT and yesterday it seemed like at least half their 3rd down conversions were as a result of our guys getting dragged forward 2-3 yards.
I don’t remember that happening against Clemson, though. 🤷‍♂️

Nailed it. Don't think I'll ever understand what happened to TVD. I thought he'd be a top 10 pick and long NFL career

easy answer. Dude is injury prone. The 3 fractured fingers on his throwing hand the main reason. Then throw in his got a knee brace. Its like last season, he shouldn't even be out in the field

I’d probably go with 09 Mark Whipple.

Dawson’s grade is still incomplete, we’ll see what he does if he’s here next season & we get a Portal QB.

Aren't you worried who we'll get in the portal? Scares me to death. Look at what the Gators got. Mario doesn't have that rep that will make top QBs wanna play for him. So we'll be getting the scraps

Advertisement
Aren't you worried who we'll get in the portal? Scares me to death. Look at what the Gators got. Mario doesn't have that rep that will make top QBs wanna play for him. So we'll be getting the scraps
Depends on their approach & what they’ll be looking for.

we have 2 5 stars, an All American safety, and the rest of the position groups are littered with 4 stars and successful defensive transfers
Do we have sufficient speed at CB?
Do we have sufficient length at CB?
Do we have sufficient depth at S?
Do we have sufficient size at DT?
Do we have sufficient speed at LB?
Do we have ANY depth at LB?
Do we have sufficient top end talent on defense?

What do your eyes tell you?

Advertisement
Do we have sufficient speed at CB?
Do we have sufficient length at CB?
Do we have sufficient depth at S?
Do we have sufficient size at DT?
Do we have sufficient speed at LB?
Do we have ANY depth at LB?
Do we have sufficient top end talent on defense?

What do your eyes tell you?
it depends on what you think as sufficient

I think to compete in the ACC? yes

to win a national championship? no

but it's year 2 of Mario's Tenure and he's on a faster track than norvell at this point in terms of talent acquisition and reshaping the roster

QB's can make or break the morale of an entire team. If the morale on the offense wasn't already broken, I bet it's currently on thin ice. I can almost guarantee that a large majority of this team doesn't fvck with TVD.
His body language fvckin' sucks, he has zero moxy or leadership ability and he's costing us games. That's the type of **** that will not only lose your offense but have the defense ****ed at you as well. (been apart of this dynamic plenty times)

Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he was the only offensive player that didn't run to the endzone to celebrate after Fletcher's winning touchdown.
The kid is just going through the motions and he's checked out.

Look at the way the whole team celebrated with Emory after the Clemson game.
This. Absolutely. Of course when I and others said this same thing after the game we were called "******* morons" because "nobody cares about that rah rah ****". His attitude and leadership qualities suck and it negatively affects the team

QB's can make or break the morale of an entire team. If the morale on the offense wasn't already broken, I bet it's currently on thin ice. I can almost guarantee that a large majority of this team doesn't fvck with TVD.
His body language fvckin' sucks, he has zero moxy or leadership ability and he's costing us games. That's the type of **** that will not only lose your offense but have the defense ****ed at you as well. (been apart of this dynamic plenty times)

Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he was the only offensive player that didn't run to the endzone to celebrate after Fletcher's winning touchdown.
The kid is just going through the motions and he's checked out.

Look at the way the whole team celebrated with Emory after the Clemson game.
I was told that stuff doesn’t matter around here

Advertisement
Don’t want to simplify it too much but the season is dragging along, Clemson was a physical game and our depth is struggling. Offense really putting the defense on the field for way too much against UVA

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t worried about these dudes holding up especially once we hit FSU because those dudes will be out for blood

Depends on their approach & what they’ll be looking for.

I'm worried about the QB position. Any recruit will take 2-3 years to develop. So I'm just hoping Emory or Brown are ready to go soon. Portal so risky and there will be a bunch of teams looking for portal QBs perhaps USC and FSU for examples. Last hope, TVD just gets d@mn healthy for a change and has a good senior year. Portal QB seems more likely out of all those options

Don’t want to simplify it too much but the season is dragging along, Clemson was a physical game and our depth is struggling. Offense really putting the defense on the field for way too much against UVA

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t worried about these dudes holding up especially once we hit FSU because those dudes will be out for blood

Man, I was looking forward to that FSU game all year but now......zoinks. FSU starting to put it together and we get beat up at the most important position

Man, I was looking forward to that FSU game all year but now......zoinks. FSU starting to put it together and we get beat up at the most important position
Last year honestly, I didn’t even watch. I knew it was gonna be a blood bath and it was the first FSU game I ever skipped

It’s definitely not that way this year I think one big difference is how physical we are on D. That helps.

But that’s only gonna take us so far if we don’t have a QB that can match, or at least keep up with their offense

But the FSU game is where legends are created and you never know

Advertisement
Back