Post Game Recap: UVA

View as article
This. They pretty much just went to the Emory Williams game plan in the second half and if they’re going to do that, you might as well play Williams. Van Dyke looked the worst I’ve ever seen him. He’s always forced passes and you’d have to live with the occasional stupid pick because he’d follow it up with perfect play on the next possession. Now he just looks broken. Even his “bad” games against GT and UNC had a ton of great passes but the picks hurt the team too much. Yesterday he just looked bad. Even his completions were mediocre. It’s just not there for him and I think it’s physical and mental. If we had brought in a portal veteran, he likely would have started yesterday because they just don’t trust Williams or Brown and they’re just throwing Tyler out there hoping for the best.

We had better hope our offensive line stops half assing it against “weaker” opponents because we’re not going to win without the rushing game.
👀👀👀 Whaaaat? The offensive line is half as sing it??? I mean the O-line does have its kinks in its armor but it’s the best gottdamm line we’ve had here in quite a focking while. They gave TVD all day vs UVA and they kept Emory Clean vs Clemson in fact they have over achieved this season with a GOTTDAMM true freshman starting. They’ve ran the ball consistently atleast in-spite of all the injuries in the RB room. Come on the Offensive line has played amazing. If you can’t see that then get thicker port holders 🤓

Last edited:
Advertisement
Man, I was looking forward to that FSU game all year but now......zoinks. FSU starting to put it together and we get beat up at the most important position
I believe Emory will get us that win at FSU. But truly wished he would’ve been given an opportunity to sling it vs UVA. A missed opportunity to get him some much needed practice for what’s ahead. NCSt, Louisville, BC and 💩. Fock I want that win at FSU so focking bad. I can taste 👅 a win coming but they have to get (that son of GOD )Emory Williams all the reps starting Monday. TVD needs to pack his bags 💼.

Last year honestly, I didn’t even watch. I knew it was gonna be a blood bath and it was the first FSU game I ever skipped

It’s definitely not that way this year I think one big difference is how physical we are on D. That helps.

But that’s only gonna take us so far if we don’t have a QB that can match, or at least keep up with their offense

But the FSU game is where legends are created and you never know

Same, I quit on the last 2 games of the year. I believe it was FSU and Pittsburgh. I already knew it was going to be blowouts by halftime. Did you make it to the Clemson game? That was my last game of the year before I threw in the towel

Dawson and mario, or whoever is involved has to come up with a better plan for the run game. It ***** hurts my eyes that we just get in 11p or 12p and just line up and run.

This is my main concern with dawson right now, i feel like our oline is high level and us not having any creativity in the run game is holdin the offense back.

TVD looks cooked physically and mentally, and i think it should be a convo on if we gonna sit him down and play emory but i don’t think our run game is something we can build a gameplan around, there’s no creativity to it.

The talent in the rb room is mid but i still feel like the designs should make up for that.. Dont get me wrong late in games we break the teams will in obvious run situations but for an entire game its meh, like before fletch had that td run in ot he’s 8 carries for 22 yards, allen is 10 for 41 without his td..

How are inferior teams able to play with 2 deep safeties AND contain our run game? They should have to choose and teams have chose to take away the passing game and its worked because of turnovers and we cant run the ball consistently and leverage it into big plays

@Memnon

I’m not a particularly good x and o guy myself so I like to watch breakdowns and analysis of people who are. I like Roman’s SOTG breakdowns each week because he makes his points clearly.

He’s particularly critical of Dawson this week
Ironically, Ferman’s site also did a film study of Tyler’s interceptions and the general route tree, play scheme too. Both of these studies have the same conclusion. Dawson can do more for TVD- in fact, they question whether Dawson or anyone talks to TVD about what he sees and try to help him out with suggestions. Not after the game but right there on the sidelines after it happens.

I share this tweet since it echoes pretty much what you’ve said too…

Advertisement
👀👀👀 Whaaaat? The offensive line is half as sing it??? I mean the O-line does have its kinks in its armor but it’s the best gottdamm line we’ve had here in quite a focking while. They gave TVD all day vs UVA and they kept Emory Clean vs Clemson in fact they have over achieved this season with a GOTTDAMM true freshman starting. They’ve ran the ball consistently atleast in-spite of all the injuries in the RB room. Come on the Offensive line has played amazing. If you can’t see that then get thicker port holders 🤓
You thought the running game against UVA was good? 113 yards isn't what I consider quality work. Especially after they were able to run for over 200 against a much better defense last week.

it depends on what you think as sufficient

I think to compete in the ACC? yes

to win a national championship? no

but it's year 2 of Mario's Tenure and he's on a faster track than norvell at this point in terms of talent acquisition and reshaping the roster
I'm not suggesting to can Mario. My questions are directed to criticisms of Guidry. I think he's our assistant who is doing the most, with the pieces available.

I believe Emory will get us that win at FSU. But truly wished he would’ve been given an opportunity to sling it vs UVA. A missed opportunity to get him some much needed practice for what’s ahead. NCSt, Louisville, BC and 💩. Fock I want that win at FSU so focking bad. I can taste 👅 a win coming but they have to get (that son of GOD )Emory Williams all the reps starting Monday. TVD needs to pack his bags 💼.
the LEGEND of Emory would be created if he went into Tally as a true FR and beat a playoff bound FSU.........

I always confuse Branson Deen for Thomas Gore. I keep thinking Gore is the one making all these plays lol.

Advertisement
You thought the running game against UVA was good? 113 yards isn't what I consider quality work. Especially after they were able to run for over 200 against a much better defense last week.
They are stacking the box and daring the Canes to throw. Injuries are stacking up in the RB’s room, but let’s overlook that right? The fact they had over 100 yards inspite of the sh! !t storm TVD gave passing is not good enough??? Definitely not the fault of the offensive line they only ran for 100+ . But truth be told, I remember a time that going over 100 yards rushing was a successful outing for any team but not anymore huh 🤔 ? The backs need to lift their legs up and stop getting shoestring tackled and work on hurdling drills. I hope Mario makes all running backs and receivers practice with track team on hurdling.

They are stacking the box and daring the Canes to throw. Injuries are stacking up in the RB’s room, but let’s overlook that right? The fact they had over 100 yards inspite of the sh! !t storm TVD gave passing is not good enough??? Definitely not the fault of the offensive line they only ran for 100+ . But truth be told, I remember a time that going over 100 yards rushing was a successful outing for any team but not anymore huh 🤔 ? The backs need to lift their legs up and stop getting shoestring tackled and work on hurdling drills. I hope Mario makes all running backs and receivers practice with track team on hurdling.
100 yards rushing for a team has never been considered good. That would make you the 120th best rushing team in the country. But yay! Our passing offense AND rushing offense is now terrible!

Lashlee is a good Coach & was one of our top 2 best OC’s in the last 2 decades , you hate him for irrational reasons.
TVD has looked great under 1 OC against conference opponents. not a shock that the OC is now an HC. the lashlee hate is borderline insane. he wasnt the best OC ever but he was the best one weve had since the glory days imo. i suspect that his time would be looked at more fondly if mario had hired him and not manny. him being lumped in with the diaz era is what starts to foster the hate imo.

100 yards rushing for a team has never been considered good. That would make you the 120th best rushing team in the country. But yay! Our passing offense AND rushing offense is now terrible!
really has been this way since conf play started. this is what we are. TVD isnt going anywhere this year beyond an injury. i suspect he transfers out or he is way more hurt than anyone is letting on. it would so miami that he gets healthy for another team next year and blows up lol.

Advertisement
TVD has looked great under 1 OC against conference opponents. not a shock that the OC is now an HC. the lashlee hate is borderline insane. he wasnt the best OC ever but he was the best one weve had since the glory days imo. i suspect that his time would be looked at more fondly if mario had hired him and not manny. him being lumped in with the diaz era is what starts to foster the hate imo.
Don't forget that our fans had ridiculous expectations that his offense should have been dropping 40 on Alabama with 1 (one) total NFL player on the roster.

@Memnon

I’m not a particularly good x and o guy myself so I like to watch breakdowns and analysis of people who are. I like Roman’s SOTG breakdowns each week because he makes his points clearly.

Ironically, Ferman’s site also did a film study of Tyler’s interceptions and the general route tree, play scheme too. Both of these studies have the same conclusion. Dawson can do more for TVD- in fact, they question whether Dawson or anyone talks to TVD about what he sees and try to help him out with suggestions. Not after the game but right there on the sidelines after it happens.

the answer is generally no. they don´t talk much during the game. it is perplexing.

Yes but don't you get 4 games without it affecting your redshirt status? The staff can stick to their plan of redshirting JB all they want. Playing him vs any of the next four opponents won't change that. Plus by playing him gives him the opportunity to put what he has been working on into practice in a live setting in real games. You have to shoot the bullets you have in the chamber! It's a win win scenario but you're right. My idea is way too outside the box for this rigid staff
You don’t want FSU to be the first game that you play Jacurri.

Need to give him reps prior (I guess vs Nc State). As long as he doesn’t play more than 4 games, he keeps his RS, as we all know, so gotta get him in vs NC State to at least get him some game action, put something on tape for FSU to prepare for.

Advertisement
QB's can make or break the morale of an entire team. If the morale on the offense wasn't already broken, I bet it's currently on thin ice. I can almost guarantee that a large majority of this team doesn't fvck with TVD.
His body language fvckin' sucks, he has zero moxy or leadership ability and he's costing us games. That's the type of **** that will not only lose your offense but have the defense ****ed at you as well. (been apart of this dynamic plenty times)

Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he was the only offensive player that didn't run to the endzone to celebrate after Fletcher's winning touchdown.
The kid is just going through the motions and he's checked out.

Look at the way the whole team celebrated with Emory after the Clemson game.
He was like the first or main one to celebrate with Emory.

That being said he isnt in good spaces after int's.

REason being..nil AND KID IS PRESSING Because this was supposed to be his last year here

He was like the first or main one to celebrate with Emory.

That being said he isnt in good spaces after int's.

REason being..nil AND KID IS PRESSING Because this was supposed to be his last year here
I think he knows If he has to come back, hes either transferring to start elsewhere or being a back up. I dont blame Mario for bringing in a portal QB (this is an absolute must) and opening up the QB comp between everyone on the roster if tvd has to come back due to poor performance. obviously, if he lights it up here on out and decides to return to compete for a playoff spot, diff story.

Great write up and on point as always.

With the way TVD played, we might have been better playing Emory and getting him game experience. We need to get someone ready to play at Doak.

TVD needs to get out of his funk vs NC State or we will get boat raced at FSU

He just seems so shell shocked and bewildered right now

@Memnon

100%!!! I watched Roman break it down as well. Some of those plays are just cheeks. We have max protect and 3 WRs running 10+ yards deep against 7 defenders. How is anyone to complete a pass?

The RB checkdowns are not very creative or QB friendly. They are near the sideline out of the QBs vision and don't stress the defense. The RBs should be running Texas routes. That would provide better vision to the QB on the checkdown and provide better windows to the WRs if the defenders commit to the RB.

Dawson really has me scratching my head with some of his plays.

Advertisement
Back