Post Game Recap: UVA

View as article
Advertisement
dude shows zero emotions good or bad and thats always been my personal biggest complaint with him, at least Emory shows emotions. We need more of that and the guys seemed to play for him last week. Guys like Ray Ray seem to love him. That's why James Williams is my fav player, good or bad he plays with passion. we need that man. TVD just doesn't have the mental toughness
I cant say you’re wrong with how u feel but to me who cares if he shows emotions or not.. I think he cares and plays with passion otherwise he wouldn’t act like its the end of the world after every drive that doesn’t end with a touchdown.

Passion and emotion is different.. I do agree he’s not mentally tough tho, game by game he probably can rebound but we need him to rebound in game or we in more danger of losing. Emotions are not gonna score points, im sure jacurri and emory will show emotions but can they play at this level? Thats what should matter

If tvd throws 400 and 3 tds i guarantee nobody would care about his emotions but when he performs bad lil **** gets magnified, forget the emotions we need him to play better or sit his *** down.

He’s 100 percent still hurt but the decisions he’s making are that of a 18 year old freshmen. You can’t have your fourth year starting qb doing this and keep putting him out there. Like I said my only hope is he hit rock bottom today but you can’t have performances today and plan on not losing your team / fans. Today and GT was two god awful performance when you look at the talent discrepancy.
was thinking the same ... believe it or not, this may catapult him going forward as he throw more check downs today then any game previous ...

QB's can make or break the morale of an entire team. If the morale on the offense wasn't already broken, I bet it's currently on thin ice. I can almost guarantee that a large majority of this team doesn't fvck with TVD.
His body language fvckin' sucks, he has zero moxy or leadership ability and he's costing us games. That's the type of **** that will not only lose your offense but have the defense ****ed at you as well. (been apart of this dynamic plenty times)

Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he was the only offensive player that didn't run to the endzone to celebrate after Fletcher's winning touchdown.
The kid is just going through the motions and he's checked out.

Look at the way the whole team celebrated with Emory after the Clemson game.
1698580087285.gif

Advertisement
This!!!!

The snag n Go slot fade is a cover 2 killer but we've used that **** too much. Teams are now alternating and disguising cover 2 and quarters coverages and killing TvD post snap.

The post snap coverage rolls are why he keeps throwing these dumb *** pics. Dude gets what he thinks is a cover 2 look and figures the seam should be open... but didn't recognize the safety getting depth post snap and rolled into 4 or quarters. Then what do you get? Pick?

Once he gets tricked into that 1st pick he now overthinks and is mentally taken out of his game.

Dawson and Mario should have long since realized this and adjusted. Maybe switching to more bro style **** was the adjustment. I sure hope not.

The passing offense would be much more efficient if we took the **** TE off the field. He's a liability and a waste of personnel. We should be strictly 01 personnel and nothing else.

We do not need Cam McCormick for any reason. No way we can't get Ray Ray or Harrell in the field in place of him.

At the very least, our plays won't be tipped off and you absolutely have to respect every receiving option we present.
Harrell?
Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Advertisement
Does anyone know what happened to Ray Ray? He was electric but then had that injury on the KO return and didn't see him again? Looked like maybe he got his bell rung but couldn't tell for sure from the stands.

QB's can make or break the morale of an entire team. If the morale on the offense wasn't already broken, I bet it's currently on thin ice. I can almost guarantee that a large majority of this team doesn't fvck with TVD.
His body language fvckin' sucks, he has zero moxy or leadership ability and he's costing us games. That's the type of **** that will not only lose your offense but have the defense ****ed at you as well. (been apart of this dynamic plenty times)

Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he was the only offensive player that didn't run to the endzone to celebrate after Fletcher's winning touchdown.

**** I don't even play anymore and it ****es me off for the defense. The defense is giving him more than enough opportunities only for him to **** them away. If Kam doesn't house that pick we would've lost that game.

Advertisement
Man. Dude got hips and ankles like a linebacker.

Idk how he's a starting corner. I don't get it. I also don't get how Guidry and the safeties have trusted him so much when he be getting routed tf up.

Am I missing something?
No brother… It’s just who they got at the moment😖Fock we need Ellis bigly/badly!!!

Thank god a respectful, intelligent poster says it. Thank you macho. It's clear as day. I would not **** with tvd if he was my qb

TVD needs serious sports psychologist help. Thought they had at least one on staff. He's a broken fighter frfr. Looks like Tony Ferguson recently
Sports psychologists won’t be able to teach him how to read defenses

Advertisement
Imo next week TVD should be playing for his college career. I’d give him the first half and if it looks anything like today it’s over. It’s played its course.

I understand he has three injuries that causes an issue with mechanics and throwing the ball but the decisions today are just unacceptable. GT too. Regardless if it’s the injuries affecting his throwing , thinking about getting hit or he’s just shot out something has to change fast.

The only hope is he hit rock bottom today and he bounces back. Regardless this marriage is at a crossroad and something has to give.
👀👀👀What????? Give him another chance you say????🤣😂🤣😂 You can’t make this sh! !t up!!😂🤣😂🤣No but seriously though 😐if TVD starts next week The Canes won’t come back against NC State if they have to play catch-up. I thought The staff would atleast give Emory a chance in UVA game but I was so wrong. Young 6”5 vs 5”10 corner and TVD could not get him the ball???? Something is wrong here and no disrespect but something is definitely wrong with anyone that thinks TVD should get another start over Emory.

Attachments

• IMG_2482.png
    IMG_2482.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
In the 2nd half, the field was completely cut in half for him.

It was just check downs to the flats & one 5 route to Restrepo.

But it was clear TVD’s confidence was shot & he couldn't throw down the field for the rest of the game.

Idk if he’s just hurt or if there’s something mentally wrong with him, but he cannot read the field right now & it’s getting scary out there. Dude literally doesn’t see players on the opposing team.
This. They pretty much just went to the Emory Williams game plan in the second half and if they’re going to do that, you might as well play Williams. Van Dyke looked the worst I’ve ever seen him. He’s always forced passes and you’d have to live with the occasional stupid pick because he’d follow it up with perfect play on the next possession. Now he just looks broken. Even his “bad” games against GT and UNC had a ton of great passes but the picks hurt the team too much. Yesterday he just looked bad. Even his completions were mediocre. It’s just not there for him and I think it’s physical and mental. If we had brought in a portal veteran, he likely would have started yesterday because they just don’t trust Williams or Brown and they’re just throwing Tyler out there hoping for the best.

We had better hope our offensive line stops half assing it against “weaker” opponents because we’re not going to win without the rushing game.

The book is out on TVD. He won’t likely ever see man coverage again.

If they are going to keep starting him it’s on Dawson to call a game that will allow him to be successful and protect him from himself.

No more TEs unless it’s 3rd or 4th and 1. We need 4 (or 5) legit receiving threats spread out wide. Run a little tempo. Call patterns that have layers. Deep middle and short patterns. Teams are giving us those 5-7 yard throws all day. Get the ball to playmakers in space with easy throws and let them cook. Single back O will still allow us to run the ball with this OL. The TE is a liability in this offense.

Yes but don't you get 4 games without it affecting your redshirt status? The staff can stick to their plan of redshirting JB all they want. Playing him vs any of the next four opponents won't change that. Plus by playing him gives him the opportunity to put what he has been working on into practice in a live setting in real games. You have to shoot the bullets you have in the chamber! It's a win win scenario but you're right. My idea is way too outside the box for this rigid staff
Maybe they’ll save him for FSU and show everyone what Canes got coming next year!!!🙌🏾 (Wishing thinking)

Advertisement
Back