Position Coach Preferences, WR group

Lu...

You should pump the brakes and reduce your speed on these WRs by like...75%. Most of the room is young and not very good right now. Also, Taylor Stubblefield is not a good coach of the position so your mileage may vary on what you ultimately get from these players.

KJ Osborn came in here and was our best WR almost immediately. Dude will be a nice late round pick and make a roster. He's shown to be pretty versatile and has lined up at numerous spots.
The whole team has shown to be a ******* mess. Every cot**** level. Every cot**** coach - some worse than others. Every cot**** unit except QB and RB. Last night was up there as one of the more disgusting things I've seen in this 16 year toilet bowl swirl. I can't even begin to describe all the levels it was a travesty. I don't even know why I'm on this board and engaging right now. I can't remember the last time I felt this much disappointment.

Advertisement
The whole team has shown to be a ******* mess. Every cot**** level. Every cot**** coach - some worse than others. Every cot**** unit except QB and RB. Last night was up there as one of the more disgusting things I've seen in this 16 year toilet bowl swirl. I can't even begin to describe all the levels it was a travesty. I don't even know why I'm on this board and engaging right now. I can't remember the last time I felt this much disappointment.

Welcome to the dark side, brother. Its actually not so bad over here on Team Mope. We're always right.

They mixed up WR snaps pretty effectively and Hightower's drop made many of us get covered with egg. I hate everything right now.
That was a strike from JW as he was on the run pretty fast. Mallory also should’ve caught the 2pt conversion, where JW was moving left and threw across his body.

Sickening loss but I love our qb.

We all look forward to your recovery and eventually analysis of the problems.

Advertisement
Williams delivered the ball to nine different receivers, with K.J. Osborn and Jeff Thomas leading the way with seven catches.

There were four players with five or more catches - KJ Osborn (seven catches, 76 yards, TD), Jeff Thomas (seven catches, 51 yards), Brevin Jordan (six catches, 73 yards) and Mike Harley (five catches, 79 yards) including a 38-yard catch.

Mark Pope , Will Mallory, Michael Irvin and Dee Wiggins also had catches. Brian Hightower was targeted but couldn't hold on to the ball.

Advertisement
Here's the snap count for the WR last night:

K.J. Osborn: 64 snaps
Jeff Thomas: 44 snaps
Mike Harley: 43 snaps
Brian Hightower: 23 snaps
Mark Pope: 10 snaps
Dee Wiggins: 7 snaps

Advertisement

OL wasn’t too bad, imo. Every unit on defense was inconsistent or bad (coaches included)

OL wasn’t too bad, imo. Every unit on defense was inconsistent or bad (coaches included)
I'm not talking about one game. I'm talking about over the 2 games. The OL stuff makes me nauseous. Kicking Scaife out after game 1 is validation for anyone who used common sense and said "you cant run a reasonable offense with two vulnerabilities at the Tackle spots." We needed to drop a winnable bigtime game to know for sure? Incredibly frustrating lag. If anyone thinks, after 2 freakin weeks, we should have taken a **** near half to begin looking prepared, we have different standards. Let me not get started on the defense or the "high standard" lip service.

Advertisement
We should be careful with that especially with other recruits watching.

Pope either is not as talented as his high school reputation would lead us to believe, or he hasn’t earned it.

It’s not like he’s waiting for his turn behind Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Santana Moss.

Pope either is not as talented as his high school reputation would lead us to believe, or he hasn’t earned it.

It’s not like he’s waiting for his turn behind Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Santana Moss.
Pope had a first down catch and played some. Why are people complaining? He will play more as the season goes on and none of the receivers behind the top 3 have done much at all really

So my question is how would you know unless you play the man??

Advertisement
Back