Position Coach Preferences, WR group

View as article
Advertisement
I'm not talking about one game. I'm talking about over the 2 games. The OL stuff makes me nauseous. Kicking Scaife out after game 1 is validation for anyone who used common sense and said "you cant run a reasonable offense with two vulnerabilities at each Tackle spot." We needed to drop a winnable bigtime game to know for sure? Incredibly frustrating lag. If anyone thinks, after 2 freakin weeks, we should have taken a **** near half to begin looking prepared, we have different standards. Let me not get started on the defense or the "high standard" lip service.

I was actually at the game last night and thinking of this post when I was watching the wide receiver rotation. I drew the exact same conclusion: Why do we have to burn a game against arrival, plus another half of football to figure out fundamentally obvious things?

Part of the problem is that this staff, which is comprised of enough (too many?) individuals from a previous failed regime, have fallen susceptible to the Greentree wormhole. We simply do not get good data from our camps and continue to rely on it nevertheless.

We don't have anyone to replace Gerald Willis and Joe Jackson. When it appears that you might, is it because the offensive line is weak, or are the players legitimately producing at the same level? Are you in turn thinking that your two OT are better than they are? Diaz showed good awareness as a coordinator, I would hope it will translate into his role as a head coach. Right now though, we need teams to rub the dirty diaper in our face before we realize the baby has taken a dump.

Advertisement
I was actually at the game last night and thinking of this post when I was watching the wide receiver rotation. I drew the exact same conclusion: Why do we have to burn a game against arrival, plus another half of football to figure out fundamentally obvious things?

Part of the problem is that this staff, which is comprised of enough (too many?) individuals from a previous failed regime, have fallen susceptible to the Greentree wormhole. We simply do not get good data from our camps and continue to rely on it nevertheless.

We don't have anyone to replace Gerald Willis and Joe Jackson. When it appears that you might, is it because the offensive line is weak, or are the players legitimately producing at the same level? Are you in turn thinking that your two OT are better than they are? Diaz showed good awareness as a coordinator, I would hope it will translate into his role as a head coach. Right now though, we need teams to rub the dirty diaper in our face before we realize the baby has taken a dump.
That baby diaper line was amazing

Are you Stubblefield? Doesn't matter who you are. If he's worse than what's playing currently then he shouldn't even be here.

If Pope is the self-entitled South Fla brat he appears to be, this won't be a conversation next season.

ou can watch him on a FCS team, or maybe FIU.

Pope dont got it. Dude is too fragile for this level and he isnt even a blazer
Pope runs a sub 10.6 100m lol that he isn’t a blazer. And how has he even shown that he is too fragile this level? Premature statement period. Yes the young receivers are unproven but STILL we can do a better job of featuring them in our offense. That should happen the next few weeks

Advertisement
Don't say that too loudly. Spent the entire offseason being told to STFU and Gerald Willis is an undrafted guy who we'll easily replace with a committee. **** outta here. Anyone who actually watched the plays one by one on re-watch the countless scenarios Willis created a hurry or beat a guy to disrupt a play. Maybe we'll get that later in season or when Nesta comes back, but it's non-existent right now, and it makes a big difference in calling a defense (another topic altogether).

Pope runs a sub 10.6 100m lol that he isn’t a blazer. And how has he even shown that he is too fragile this level? Premature statement period. Yes the young receivers are unproven but STILL we can do a better job of featuring them in our offense. That should happen the next few weeks

Man that speed is obviously not translating on the field. You dont need to be a track coach to see speed jump out on you on tv. Kid aint travis Benjamin

If Pope is the self-entitled South Fla brat he appears to be, this won't be a conversation next season.

ou can watch him on a FCS team, or maybe FIU.

The team is full of entitlement and selfishness. If I hear one more motha phuckin time on the recruiting page about this receiver committed or that o lineman committed and how they are gonna be a beast I swear I'm gonna talk **** to that poster.

Don't say that too loudly. Spent the entire offseason being told to STFU and Gerald Willis is an undrafted guy who we'll easily replace with a committee. **** outta here. Anyone who actually watched the plays one by one on re-watch the countless scenarios Willis created a hurry or beat a guy to disrupt a play. Maybe we'll get that later in season or when Nesta comes back, but it's non-existent right now, and it makes a big difference in calling a defense (another topic altogether).

Lets be real, Silvera was supposed to be what Willis was last year and gets injured fighting

Advertisement
Lets be real, Silvera was supposed to be what Willis was last year and gets injured fighting
He's still unlikely to be as good as Willis, but I hope he makes a difference on disruption plays - especially in the pass game. Willis changed entire defensive series last year by slipping a single block. That's the main reason our pass efficiency was "elite." QBs were getting smoked up the middle without even needing to send Backers up the A gap.

The team is full of entitlement and selfishness. If I hear one more motha phuckin time on the recruiting page about this receiver committed or that o lineman committed and how they are gonna be a beast I swear I'm gonna talk **** to that poster.

Half those kids aren't half as good has they proclaim

Watched Jon Ford blown off the ball several times. Often played too tall and was driven backwards.

Advertisement

I hear ya.

Oh I'll scream it, I've been screaming it. There's a reason they kept hope alive for the off chance he'd actually make it onto the roster for one season. That's what a Miami DT is supposed to look like. Recruiting misses at DT and DB are absolutely killing us and it was on full display last night.

Advertisement
Back