POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This poll explains so much about our fanbase. I've always said it's the least knowledgeable fan base I've ever seen.

Most of these guys would rather have a guy who hasn't done jack in fifteens years, over a guy who'd completely change our program.

It's hilarious .
The poll question isn't an either /or proposition but rather an up or down vote on this one guy. Anyone who answers no May have a valid reason. For me personally, I don't want another abrasive personality. The wheels could fall off this Kelly bandwagon in too many ways for my comfort level.

Advertisement
No voters are both crazy and stupid. This guy is the slam dunk hire. Butch can't hold Chip's jockstrap anymore, and Butch is a solid ball coach.

There's the smoking gun evidence right there. Geoff Schwartz says wide splits made it easier to block in college.

Really all I care about is preparing guys to play for the New York Giants. Fck winning games at UM.

No spread! Football in a phone booth for life! I'm stuck in the 90s!

Yep! This is an NFL factory, baby! Winning college football games doesn't matter!

There's the smoking gun evidence right there. Geoff Schwartz says wide splits made it easier to block in college.

Really all I care about is preparing guys to play for the New York Giants. Fck winning games at UM.

No spread! Football in a phone booth for life! I'm stuck in the 90s!

Yep! This is an NFL factory, baby! Winning college football games doesn't matter!

NFL U, bro!!! Draft picks! Football in a phone booth! Big Ten football with a recruiting base loaded with speed and short on OL!

1. Tom "that Mensa *****" Herman
2. Chip "I spread more than ur mom" Kelly
3. Butch...

Advertisement
with all the offensive lineman who come out of our recruiting base, and all the pro style schools we have to compete with to get them, why would we want to adopt an offense that puts a priority on skill positions and less priority on OL?

with all the offensive lineman who come out of our recruiting base, and all the pro style schools we have to compete with to get them, why would we want to adopt an offense that puts a priority on skill positions and less priority on OL?

It would be very hard to compete with an offense with spread elements down here. Just look at how much Randy Shannon was able to clean up in head to head recrutiing matches against Urban Meyer.

This poll explains so much about our fanbase. I've always said it's the least knowledgeable fan base I've ever seen.

Most of these guys would rather have a guy who hasn't done jack in fifteens years, over a guy who'd completely change our program.

It's hilarious .

These guys are recruiting and football chicks. They act like the search for a coach is an episode of the The Bachelor. Football results don't matter to these guys at all. They're more interested in a coaches looks and personality (seriously).

Advertisement

THANK YOU!!!

Who gives a crap what they do in the NFL? Some feel that still being #2 in most drafted players behind LSU is more important than winning games here at the U. LSU isn't winning anything either and their coach is about to be fired. The U is always going to feed players to the NFL regardless of what system they run any way. Mariota just got drafted in the 1st round. When was the last time the U did that. 7 players drafted for the U last year with a crappy defensive system and coaching.

Imagine having to recruit out of Oregon where you have to recruit virtually all of your players from out of town or out of state. Here in Miami recruiting comes very easy with wins. Chip Kelly would have better players to feed his defense as well. Chip Kelly won 10+ games a year in OREGON! Here he would win more games because he would be located in the middle of the post fertile recruiting ground in the nation.

Here is another point. After a coach goes to the NFL they improve upon everything they did in college. If Chip returns to college football he will be an improved coach.

Advertisement
Can we stop with the gimmick offense nonsense? It's 2015. The wildcat was a gimmick. Once teams prepared for it they shut it down. The spread has been an effective offense for many years now.

NFL U, bro!!! Draft picks! Football in a phone booth! Big Ten football with a recruiting base loaded with speed and short on OL!

Wrong buddy...very wrong. We barely have to leave the State for O-Line now...matter of fact, the OOS kids SUCK!, see Gall!

Re-Read My2Sense post. He blows your argument out of the water.

And FWIW, The Ducks currently have 5 offensive linemen in the NFL (Jake Fisher, Hroniss Grasu, Kyle Long, Geoff Schwartz, and Max Unger). By comparison, the Canes have 6 in the league.

Advertisement
Who gives a crap what they do in the NFL? Some feel that still being #2 in most drafted players behind LSU is more important than winning games here at the U. LSU isn't winning anything either and their coach is about to be fired. The U is always going to feed players to the NFL regardless of what system they run any way. Mariota just got drafted in the 1st round. When was the last time the U did that. 7 players drafted for the U last year with a crappy defensive system and coaching.

Imagine having to recruit out of Oregon where you have to recruit virtually all of your players from out of town or out of state. Here in Miami recruiting comes very easy with wins. Chip Kelly would have better players to feed his defense as well. Chip Kelly won 10+ games a year in OREGON! Here he would win more games because he would be located in the middle of the post fertile recruiting ground in the nation.

Here is another point. After a coach goes to the NFL they improve upon everything they did in college. If Chip returns to college football he will be an improved coach.

We did just have 2 players drafted in the first round...

Good point. That only works for Chip.

No other coach.

Advertisement
Back