POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its%20Happening%20Chip%20Kelly%20FINAL%20eyes%20WATERMARK.gif

[MENTION=37]CanesAreAble[/MENTION]

You ready to man up? I'm calling everyone out, even my friends. Quit talkin schit if you don't have real knowledge.

Or are you gonna be a gif porstin psussy that can't quite be a real alpha?

The-Brew-Buzz-42.gif

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/butch-davis-hc-ill-bet-account/93855

Advertisement
Giants right guard Geoff Schwartz recently told me he believes the up-tempo offenses have hurt offensive line play.

"When I was at Oregon, we took such wide splits and got the ball out so quickly that you really barely even had to block people," said the seventh-year pro whose final college season was Chip Kelly's first at the helm in Oregon. "As a result, you didn't really get the work on your hands and footwork technique that you have to use to have success in the NFL."

In fact, Schwartz's point about the up-tempo spread offenses is one reason why so many high school and college teams are going to them in the first place: They give you a chance to compete and move the football even if you aren't blessed with very good big people up front. I had a college coach tell me his team finally switched to the spread after he got tired of seeing so many big gains without any of the opposition's linemen actually blocking people.

^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah?

GI-MMICK AH-FENSE...CLAP CLAP,CLAP CLAP CLAP!
SNAKE-OIL-SALES-MEN...CLAP CLAP,CLAP CLAP CLAP!

Last edited:
Chip Kelly's at Miami would immediately make Saban contemplate retirement. It would also make Jumbo beg LSU to fire Miles so he could get out of Florida for his excuse.

Advertisement
It's a conspiracy I tell you. We fire our ****** coach and all of sudden every other college football program jobs open up. Hopefully we end up with a decent to about average coach.

His first and main job at the collegiate level is to win games. He does that. After winning, comes preparing guys for the NFL.

Win first all that other stuff is secondary

Advertisement
Nope they go hand in hand. Fsu, Florida, Obama would use it against us. We don't need it we get athletes down here. Watch our old teams we scored tons of points in the pro set. You guys just want what you perceive to be a quick fix

Which would explain y these spread teams have a hard time against really good defenses that have good d linemen. **** they aren't used to blocking anyone let alone a line full of studs. That's the kind of line your team is gonna face in the final 4 every year......

Which would explain y these spread teams have a hard time against really good defenses that have good d linemen. **** they aren't used to blocking anyone let alone a line full of studs. That's the kind of line your team is gonna face in the final 4 every year......

Wouldn't any offense have trouble against a " really good defense "?

I mean it is a " really good defense"

This. To add to the point, the only thing that has up to this point been a ***** in Bama's stout defense has been the hurry up no huddle gimmick. You line up against defenses like Bama's with a pro style and you get crushed.

Advertisement
This poll explains so much about our fanbase. I've always said it's the least knowledgeable fan base I've ever seen.

Most of these guys would rather have a guy who hasn't done jack in fifteens years, over a guy who'd completely change our program.

It's hilarious .

Last edited:

This. To add to the point, the only thing that has up to this point been a ***** in Bama's stout defense has been the hurry up no huddle gimmick. You line up against defenses like Bama's with a pro style and you get crushed.

Ironically Alabama has been using a bunch of spread principles , zone read and tempo the last two years.

Actually **** near everybody does, so I still can't believe there's still anti spread dummies out there . Lmao

Advertisement
There's the smoking gun evidence right there. Geoff Schwartz says wide splits made it easier to block in college.

Really all I care about is preparing guys to play for the New York Giants. Fck winning games at UM.

No spread! Football in a phone booth for life! I'm stuck in the 90s!

Geoff Schwartz never played for Kelly as his head coach - only as the OC. In the first year Schwartz played under Kelly as OC, the Ducks increased their scoring average to 38.2 in 2007 (from 29.5 in 2006). The OCs job isn't to produce offensive linemen for the NFL - its to score points. Kelly is a savage at that. A Kelly led offense (as OC or HC) never averaged less than 36.1 pts/g. The Canes haven't averaged that much - not even once - since 2002

And FWIW, The Ducks currently have 5 offensive linemen in the NFL (Jake Fisher, Hroniss Grasu, Kyle Long, Geoff Schwartz, and Max Unger). By comparison, the Canes have 6 in the league.

Nothing to see here except for the Blind-@ss Haters.

There's the smoking gun evidence right there. Geoff Schwartz says wide splits made it easier to block in college.

Really all I care about is preparing guys to play for the New York Giants. Fck winning games at UM.

No spread! Football in a phone booth for life! I'm stuck in the 90s!

Welcome to UM football. We're the balding fifty year old, that wears his letterman jacket , talking about all his td's and ***** he got in hs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back