POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lmao @:

1canesfan, 1hurricane, 561Cane, 813canes, Bay Area Canes Fan, bigc30, BigPun72, blessingstwoyou, bobshrum, BoozerCANE, bozcane, calgarycane, CampHillCane, Cane18, Cane229, canefish, canes732, CaneSince4Ever, canez******, Crazy4thecanes, cubin10, deerob305, Disgustipated, djh, djrion, djshawne, FinsFishandCaneS, fivecent, frontonron, Gapere, Gatorhater, GoonCane305, hickory1, iLIKEDADE!, immars, Jaromir Jagr, Jlainez42, jump1cane, kendallcanes, Lutzboy247, matty1, mdpcane, mojontmare24, nystateofmind, Odin, PAPACANE5X, RBhurricane87, reidz5, RoboCane, sebastian91, SinisterCane, TerragonSix, The "U", the23Watcher, tntnomad, UMFarArcher, UMovement, Utoronto, VASoulCane, Warrior808, WestGaCane, whoopingcane, WPBCANE, YBFM

Advertisement
The gimmick master is getting DESTROYED by the 3-7 Lions.

And that's a good thing for us. Hopefully this accelerates his departure from Eagles and that way we won't have to wait until January to find out he does or doesn't have any interest in us.

Anyone attempting to correlate NFL success with how good a college coach a guy is ...is a ******* ******.

Pete Caroll's first NFL go around didn't go well
Nick Saban's stint with the Dolphins didn't go well
Bobby Petrino's stint with the Falcons didn't go well
Spurrier's stint in the NFL didn't go well.
The ALMIGHTY ******* BUTCH DAVIS, who's **** is being sucked by half this board right now...STUNK UP THE ******* JOINT.

It's in our best interest for the Eagles to get blown out every ******* game. Kelly has nothing to prove to anyone in terms of running a COLLEGE program.

Some of you need to wake the **** up. We might just get lucky and he falls into our lap...with a chip on his shoulder and fury in his soul.

Ummmmm......no. Pete Carrol is a super bowl winner, Saban (see my post above) Spurrier had no control over his team and had beef with the owner. He did ok for South Carolina but didn't accomplish much. Petrino has failed at a second stint with Louisville. Butch is the ONLY coach to take the Browns to the playoffs. None of the above run this garbage gimmick offense with no defense. Spurrier is fun n gun but prioritized defense and Petrino plays decent defense. Butch is a super bowl winning DC and his physical players and monsters in the trenches will neutralize this trash.

Steve Spurrier won more at South Carolina than any other coach in USC’s history. USC finished in the top 10 three years in a row, going 11-2 three years in a row. Do you understand how bad South Carolina’s football history is? They’ve won 2 conference titles in their history, the ACC in the 60s and the Southern Conference in the 30s. They’ve only won the SEC East once, and it was under Spurrier. They had won 10 games in a season once. In the entire history of the program. That was until Spurrier did it 3 times in a row (11 games actually, 3 times in a row). Do you realize how pathetic that is? In 1984 they won 10 games. Aside from that, nada, until Spurrier. They had been ranked in the Top 25 in the final poll 5 times since 1892 until Spurrier did it 4 times in a row. They had been to 11 bowl games from 1892-2005. Spurrier took them to 9 in 10 years. I hate Steve Spurrier with a passion, and I hate you for forcing me to defend his sorry ***.

Same fans saying we shouldn't hire Chip because of his nfl record probably claimed that Bama hiring Saban was a dumb move

Advertisement
This poll explains so much about our fanbase. I've always said it's the least knowledgeable fan base I've ever seen. Most of these guys would rather have a guy who hasn't done jack in fifteens years, over a guy who'd completely change our program. It's hilarious .
These guys are recruiting and football chicks. They act like the search for a coach is an episode of the The Bachelor. Football results don't matter to these guys at all. They're more interested in a coaches looks and personality (seriously).
Right, because Butch Davis is a nice, attractive guy. Potatoist post of the year.
I love when old dudes use internet terms wrong. Whats that's called again? When some dude is over 30 acting like he is 21?

Oh FFS dude... how many times are you going to say this? It has more than one meaning:
1) people over thirty acting twenty one
and
2) evidence of severe mental deficiency As in, "I can count to potato."

Anyway, I have no idea if Chip Kelly could actually do better with all 4* and 5* recruits, and I hate watching teams that have to consistently score 40pts to win a game. It's so **** frustrating to watch a ****** defense.

That said, Kelly is the level of coach we should definitely be going after, and if he's available, you have to interview him.

Kelly’s defenses at Oregon gave up 23.7 ppg, 18.7, 24.6, and 21.6. Not good, but not ******. But, when you’re averaging 36.1, 47, 46.1, and 49.6 it really doesn’t matter that you’re giving up 19-24 points per game.

Do you remember the 2000 season? The way we got ****ed by the BCS should still burn. SMFH . 11-1 that year.

I remember a team with 10+ pro bowl players losing a game to a team that had no a single NFL player on it.....THAT is why we got screwed, b/c Botch corched us to a loss, even Larry Coker could run that team undefeated.

I want Chip over Butch every single day of the week. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not even close, but let’s be accurate. While Butch should have never lost that game, Washington was 11-1, finished ranked #3 in the nation (behind Oklahoma and Miami) and it did have NFL players on it, including a first round draft pick (Jeramy Stevens) and a second round pick (Marques Tuiasosopo).

Golden showers was in 6th grade. He doesn't remember anything about the butch years. He just does google searches and then writes inaccurate info. Chip is a good option but some of his success at oregon is a product of nike investing hundreds of millions into Oregon athletics and usc losing pete Carroll and getting sanctions. He has failed miserably at the eagles. He also wasn't the most recent coach to take Oregon to the title game -- meaning that the success going on at Oregon is more than the result of Chip Kelly's coaching. A lot of similarities to butch in regards to success, but butch had to coach through sanctions and also had a **** budget and facilities. Butch is a safer hire because he has done it here before and he is a **** of a lot cheaper.

The thing I like about Chip is that I would like to see him run an offense with South Florida speed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden showers was in 6th grade. He doesn't remember anything about the butch years. He just does google searches and then writes inaccurate info. Chip is a good option but some of his success at oregon is a product of nike investing hundreds of millions into Oregon athletics and usc losing pete Carroll and getting sanctions. He has failed miserably at the eagles. He also wasn't the most recent coach to take Oregon to the title game -- meaning that the success going on at Oregon is more than the result of Chip Kelly's coaching. A lot of similarities to butch in regards to success, but butch had to coach through sanctions and also had a **** budget and facilities. Butch is a safer hire because he has done it here before and he is a **** of a lot cheaper.

LOL was this english? I thought kendall was one of the more affluent areas.......

The thing I like about Chip is that I would like to see him run an offense with South Florida speed.

I need the Butch supporters to answer this for me. Why do they keep bringing up this season as a negative for Chip Kelly, but constantly ignore Butch's tenure with Cleveland (except for when they mention he led them to the playoffs for the first time since the Triassic Era)?

Chip Kelly NFL win % = .600
Butch NFL win % = .414

For you who voted against Chip, and thus have no brain, here's a hint: the bigger number is better.

Advertisement
Most coaches with Chip's record in the NFL aren't considered a failure.

There's a lot more at play on why it's being perceived that way, but the reality is I don't care. If it could benefit the Canes, I'm all for it, come back to college. So far he's been 10-6, 10-6, and currently 4-7 in the NFL.

With all that said, his offense is currently top 5 in the NFL. Think about that. That is with Mark freaking Sanchez at QB.

Some of the anti-Chip guys here are making some seriously ridiculous arguments and reaching for one reason or another.

Chip is exactly the type of coach we should hope to land. Chip would change the dynamic of college football with him at Coral Gables. I don't mind landing Butch, but only if coaches like Chip turn us down.

One thing I would love to see is Blake go after both Chip as HC and Butch as DC for the same staff, but I'm dreaming.

Last edited:
Your math is not so Golden

Chip has coached the Eagles for 3 season:
10-6
10-6
4-7

24 wins, 19 losses

Win percent: 55%

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back