POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want Butch over Kelly for two reasons. Butch passionately wants to finish what he started. He knows the territory and succeeded here. Kelly on the other hand might not like it here or may not be a fit for a non big state school. Secondly, In his offensive scheme where do we see Kaaya? Allison? Butch's scheme is made for them.

One of the reasons you want Butch over Chip is because of his offense? Butch Davis' offense?!

Now I've seen it all. This is the dumbest f***ing fan base on earth.

Advertisement
I want Butch over Kelly for two reasons. Butch passionately wants to finish what he started. He knows the territory and succeeded here. Kelly on the other hand might not like it here or may not be a fit for a non big state school. Secondly, In his offensive scheme where do we see Kaaya? Allison? Butch's scheme is made for them.

One of the reasons you want Butch over Chip is because of his offense? Butch Davis' offense?!

this

LOLOL so "fit" is being used against Chip now.

I passionately want Miami to win. I have no business being HC.

Kelly had Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, and Mark Sanchez in his offense. I think Brad Kaaya will be just fine.

Advertisement
Why is this even being discussed?

Chip Kelly is going to be a ******* legend on par with Saban and Harbaugh.

Would you rather his statue be next to Larranagas in the Hecht or next to Bowdens at Doak Campbell?

Update...we have 53 retards that are part of the fanbase and visit these boards.

Boggles my mind that almost 20% would actually consider Butch on the same planet as Kelly, much less that same coaching level.

Then again...we had people defending Golden on this board during the offseason. Nothing should surprise me anymore.

Advertisement
Which would explain y these spread teams have a hard time against really good defenses that have good d linemen. **** they aren't used to blocking anyone let alone a line full of studs. That's the kind of line your team is gonna face in the final 4 every year......

Wouldn't any offense have trouble against a " really good defense "?

I mean it is a " really good defense"

Of course they would it's a good defense. But wouldn't your o linemen do better against that defense because they have actually been blocking guys all year? I don't want my lineman to get in the biggest game of the year and have the complete shock of having to block...that's all. And I'm not anti spread at all. I have no problem with it. There are good things about pro and spread.

What in the **** are you talking about? Somehow Chip's magical offense removes the need for his OL to block all year? Do you people ****ing read what you write? Jesus Christ.

The fckn mods moved my comments out of a totally different thread. Stop responding or quoting my sht out of context. I knew someone would do this dumb sht...fckn mods. I actually hope we get Chip Kelly and if not, Butch.

Last edited:
With Corch Charlie ****ting the bed so epically at UT, you have to assume they are going to fire him. Could put a huge wrench in our plans, all bc that effing moron went 4-8 in year 2.

Unless he's bringing Chud as OC again do not want Butch

Advertisement
Is Chip Kelly an option?

Do you think he's coaching in the NFL next season? I don't. The situation in Philly has gone off the rails, and I don't see how he could land another NFL job.

If he goes back to college, there are only a few legitimate landing spots:

Miami
USC
Texas (if they fire Strong)
LSU
FSU (if Jimbo leaves for LSU)

At worst, our chances are 20%, and there are certain factors that could tip the scales in our favor.

Is Chip Kelly an option?

Do you think he's coaching in the NFL next season? I don't. The situation in Philly has gone off the rails, and I don't see how he could land another NFL job.

If he goes back to college, there are only a few legitimate landing spots:

Miami
USC
Texas (if they fire Strong)
LSU
FSU (if Jimbo leaves for LSU)

At worst, our chances are 20%, and there are certain factors that could tip the scales in our favor.

FML if he somehow ends up at FSU and we have to face this guy every year, with the benefit of elite South Florida talent.

That's shoot yourself in the face kinda stuff.....for the love of God I hope our clueless administration is already all over him and his agent.

60155233.jpg

Advertisement

O1, I think you were tempted to make a point but decided to join the legions on this board that default to attacking the poster rather then take the time to formulate an intelligent response. Forgive me for putting Butch in the same league with Chip Kelly whose latest addition to his resume is that of being an absolute failure at a franchise that literally gave him the keys to the kingdom including as another poster pointed out trading for a highly regarded QB. I stand by my post. Butch Davis took a dumpster fire once and built one of the best college football teams in history and he did it with his unparalleled skill of finding talent and coaching them up to National championship levels. He did it with imagination not by just picking the low hanging south Florida. fruit that other teams do. Not second best as Kelly often did or third best but national champions.. All Coker had to do was not wreck the Mercedes that Butch left him. Yes Butch is older but not old by any stretch. Kelly is going to demand the moon to come here and Butch will leave enough on the table for quality assistants. From a cost benefit basis Butch is our best option period. That's my point. If you have a counter point fine but don't expect me ignore the fact you have opted to substitute an insult for a defensible counterpoint.

Hopefully Chip is sitting down with his family enjoying a a large plate of food and watching Miami stomp a mudhole in Pittsburgh and dreaming of what he could do with the superfluous talents of adolescent males from the city of Miami.

I want Chip but if he wants 6 Million and we have no budget for assistants or a new strength coach what's the point? Look a the good teams they all have good staffs that are paid well.

Advertisement
Back