POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who the **** would say no to Chip? Jesus christ people. Get a grip on reality, 20% of you. Probably closer to 10% when you eliminate those with Butch, Chud, or other agendas, but still. Anyone who wouldn't be thrilled should take a good long look in the mirror.

Advertisement
The point remains, NFL or college. Chip does great until a great DC with a physical, disciplined defense especially in the trenches figures him out and he's toast. Which is exactly what Butch will assemble. It is not just exclusively Chip, it consistently happens to all these teams.

Why don't people make this argument when a pro-style team goes up against a physical defense and gets shut down?

Newslash: ANY system can struggle against a great defense.

By the way, physical defenses are getting carved up by uptempo spreads more often nowadays.

The point remains, NFL or college. Chip does great until a great DC with a physical, disciplined defense especially in the trenches figures him out and he's toast. Which is exactly what Butch will assemble. It is not just exclusively Chip, it consistently happens to all these teams.

Why don't people make this argument when a pro-style team goes up against a physical defense and gets shut down?

Newslash: ANY system can struggle against a great defense.

By the way, physical defenses are getting carved up by uptempo spreads more often nowadays.

It's called reaching

I want Butch Davis 1st. Chip 2nd. That being said, he will never come here. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it.

I want Butch to be able to finish what he started years ago.

The gimmick master is getting DESTROYED by the 3-7 Lions.

Nick Saban did awesome in the NFL

Nick Saban doesn't run a gimmick offense but rather a great defense, which still wins championships. Saban would probably still be in the NFL if he chose Brees over Culpepper. OL Chippy on the other hand, gutted his team of dynamic playmakers. It's baffling.

You do realize Saban gave up 250 yards rushing and over 500 yards of offense to one of those "gimmick" offenses last year in the championship game. That D was ranked 6th in the nation going into the game.

No idea why I even bother arguing with these guys.

Advertisement
Who the **** would say no to Chip? Jesus christ people. Get a grip on reality, 20% of you. Probably closer to 10% when you eliminate those with Butch, Chud, or other agendas, but still. Anyone who wouldn't be thrilled should take a good long look in the mirror.

how about taking a good long look at the cluster fook in Philly ? NO THANKS

The gimmick master is getting DESTROYED by the 3-7 Lions.

Nick Saban did awesome in the NFL

Nick Saban doesn't run a gimmick offense but rather a great defense, which still wins championships. Saban would probably still be in the NFL if he chose Brees over Culpepper. OL Chippy on the other hand, gutted his team of dynamic playmakers. It's baffling.

You do realize Saban gave up 250 yards rushing and over 500 yards of offense to one of those "gimmick" offenses last year in the championship game. That D was ranked 6th in the nation going into the game.

No idea why I even bother arguing with these guys.

Yeah I'm tapping out at this point.

It's absolutely pointless to argue with a zombie.

This poll explains so much about our fanbase. I've always said it's the least knowledgeable fan base I've ever seen. Most of these guys would rather have a guy who hasn't done jack in fifteens years, over a guy who'd completely change our program. It's hilarious .
These guys are recruiting and football chicks. They act like the search for a coach is an episode of the The Bachelor. Football results don't matter to these guys at all. They're more interested in a coaches looks and personality (seriously).
Right, because Butch Davis is a nice, attractive guy. Potatoist post of the year.
I love when old dudes use internet terms wrong. Whats that's called again? When some dude is over 30 acting like he is 21?

Oh FFS dude... how many times are you going to say this? It has more than one meaning:
1) people over thirty acting twenty one
and
2) evidence of severe mental deficiency As in, "I can count to potato."

Anyway, I have no idea if Chip Kelly could actually do better with all 4* and 5* recruits, and I hate watching teams that have to consistently score 40pts to win a game. It's so **** frustrating to watch a ****** defense.

That said, Kelly is the level of coach we should definitely be going after, and if he's available, you have to interview him.

Man if chip is available and willing to come that's a no brainer i like butch davis but i would not put him ahead of chip kelly he has that demanding attitude that would fit in with the south florida mentality

Advertisement
Do you remember the 2000 season? The way we got ****ed by the BCS should still burn. SMFH . 11-1 that year.

I remember a team with 10+ pro bowl players losing a game to a team that had no a single NFL player on it.....THAT is why we got screwed, b/c Botch corched us to a loss, even Larry Coker could run that team undefeated.

45-7 =s SOFFFF-TUH!!!

LOL says the guy who didn't even know who Lubick was and then thought he was coaching here in '94.

If Chip Kelly is bad in the NFL, then Saban is worse. Petrino is waaay worse. Butch is worse. So by comparison, Kelly trashes them in the NFL.

Advertisement
How do 43 of you morons not want Chip? Let me guess ... U rather have Cubano Al?

Advertisement
If Chip Kelly is bad in the NFL, then Saban is worse. Petrino is waaay worse. Butch is worse. So by comparison, Kelly trashes them in the NFL.

Chip Kelly =s 0-2 vs the SEC!!! SOFFFFFF-TUH!!!

7VN5Ep5.gif

[video=youtube;4G8MKh55-Lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8MKh55-Lg[/video]

Let me preface this by saying I am not against Chip Kelly being our HC. Although he never won a NC, his resume in Oregon is impressive. However, to come here and proclaim he is a no risk, slam dunk hire is naive. No one is.

What is the difference between preparing a team for a game in the pro and college?
Fox analyst Jimmy Johnson made this indictment in Fox's telecast wrap-up: The Eagles "look like they weren't prepared for this game." Kelly has full control of personnel decisions. He had time to implement his system. He didn't prepare his team to play today.

I'm not against him being hired if it worked out (I still doubt it will) but he still carries risk like other candidates.

I want Butch over Kelly for two reasons. Butch passionately wants to finish what he started. He knows the territory and succeeded here. Kelly on the other hand might not like it here or may not be a fit for a non big state school. Secondly, In his offensive scheme where do we see Kaaya? Allison? Butch's scheme is made for them.

Advertisement
Back