POLL: Do You Want Chip Kelly?

Do you want Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You make the comparison to Jack Pardee, as if it's a bad thing??

Pardee was a legit coach. Houston Gamblers were a top 4 team in the USFL. His Houston Cougars were record breakers in college. And he had the Houston Oilers playing very well, until he "aged out", and lost the team.

Check Dennis Erickson's record before and after Miami. It could easily be argued Pardee was the better coach. So, had we hired Pardee, I doubt we would have won less titles. But we probably would have a couple more Heisman winners.

I don't think you're making the point you intended to ...

Advertisement
There's the smoking gun evidence right there. Geoff Schwartz says wide splits made it easier to block in college.

Really all I care about is preparing guys to play for the New York Giants. Fck winning games at UM.

No spread! Football in a phone booth for life! I'm stuck in the 90s!

Welcome to UM football. We're the balding fifty year old, that wears his letterman jacket , talking about all his td's and **** he got in hs.

bundy.jpg

Al Bundy..Star RB for Polk High... 4 TDs in a game...a legend.. why didnt Schnelly go after him??? Could have gotten him to the league instead of turning into a shoe salesman...lmao

Pardee was a legit coach. Houston Gamblers were a top 4 team in the USFL. His Houston Cougars were record breakers in college. And he had the Houston Oilers playing very well, until he "aged out", and lost the team.

Check Dennis Erickson's record before and after Miami. It could easily be argued Pardee was the better coach. So, had we hired Pardee, I doubt we would have won less titles. But we probably would have a couple more Heisman winners.

I think he made the post specifically because of the things you listed. It was all about video game points. That's not what we need if we are serious about winning championships again.

This poll explains so much about our fanbase. I've always said it's the least knowledgeable fan base I've ever seen.

Most of these guys would rather have a guy who hasn't done jack in fifteens years, over a guy who'd completely change our program.

It's hilarious .

These guys are recruiting and football chicks. They act like the search for a coach is an episode of the The Bachelor. Football results don't matter to these guys at all. They're more interested in a coaches looks and personality (seriously).

Right, because Butch Davis is a nice, attractive guy.

Potatoist post of the year.

Advertisement

I think he made the post specifically because of the things you listed. It was all about video game points. That's not what we need if we are serious about winning championships again.

This^^^^^

Defense always defined Miami's past teams regardless of whether we were running pro-set or one back offenses.

Advertisement

It's not an "either, or" proposition.

Winning championships requires coaches to be serious about both sides of the ball.

And if the subject is winning championships ... The New England Patriots, with very rare exceptions, look more like a traditional Pardee offense than a traditional Saban offense.

How ridiculous are we getting? Chip Kelly went to 4 BCS Bowls and lost the National Championship by 3 points on a fluke play. If you don't want him as your HC - for whatever reason - you're entitled to your opinion. But to suggest that those of us who would are somehow crazy is beyond absurd.

This poll explains so much about our fanbase. I've always said it's the least knowledgeable fan base I've ever seen.

Most of these guys would rather have a guy who hasn't done jack in fifteens years, over a guy who'd completely change our program.

It's hilarious .

These guys are recruiting and football chicks. They act like the search for a coach is an episode of the The Bachelor. Football results don't matter to these guys at all. They're more interested in a coaches looks and personality (seriously).

Right, because Butch Davis is a nice, attractive guy.

Potatoist post of the year.

I love when old dudes use internet terms wrong.

Whats that's called again? When some dude is over 30 acting like he is 21?

Advertisement
I told my Oregon fan buddy while Chip was there that they're guaranteed 9-10 wins a year on the offense alone but you're out of your league after that e.g. triple option offense. I remember crunch time was a BIG issue for them and lack of a powerful run presence was trouble behind that small o-line.

I'm not against spread elements but I **** sure wouldn't sell out on it. Hopefully Chip would scheme around the talent around him in S.Fla opposed to sticking to Oregon. But seeing the musical chairs in philly makes me nervous of him.

I would hate to score so many points and win so many games.

DMoney that advertising at Office of Special Education Programs is really paying off.

It's the same two or three retards who keep getting banned and returning with new names. This is another Sonny Dong joint.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;fn6E3Dj3CK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn6E3Dj3CK4[/video]

It's not like we need to beat FSU or anything......the impenetrable Saban defenses can't ever stop the Kelly Oregon offense.

"Big SEC style nasty defenses, like one FSU has shut it down!"

[video=youtube;fn6E3Dj3CK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn6E3Dj3CK4[/video]

P.S. For the Coach Koresh cult members starting threads incessantly to trash every other HC in history, check your leader's defenses as a college HC. They weren't as great as you think they are.

This is just a guess, but they probably weren't ranked all that much higher than Chip's, and Chip put way more strain on his D by scoring so often and so quickly.

Advertisement
Back