Playoff rankings Miami #7

People worried about Oklahoma and TCU as if they don't play each other in four days.

As we win, the teams ahead of us clear each other out.

Advertisement
So we have a clear path into the top four. Just like I tried to explain to those buffoons all week.

You are a lying sack.

You never said "clear path". You said that Miami controls its own destiny, win and they are in. And that is still not true.

We jumped NONE of the 1-loss teams that were ahead of us.

There is no guarantee that the loser of Alabama-UGa drops below us. The TCU-OU winner may stay ahead of us. And Wisconsin and Washington may still jump us.

We have a "clear path" - if Miami wins out AND certain teams lose (particularly if TCU and OU face each other in the Big 12 Championship game and they each win one).

If we go undefeated we are going to the playoff. Thinking otherwise is idiotic.

Nobody said "thinking otherwise". This has NOTHING to do with anyone's opinion, it has to do with looking at how the CFP are voting.

"Miami hasn't beaten anyone". Then we do. They move us up ONE SPOT over teams ahead of us who won.

Not to mention the fact that Ohio Taint and Ped State already lost.

So, again, we were ASSISTED by factors outside of our control. Do you honestly believe that if Ohio Taint and Ped State had won that we would be any higher than #9 ?

Yes, we are going to benefit from other teams losing. It is NOT all about Miami "winning out". Just as I said last week.

You're wrong. It is all about Miami winning out. If we win out, we are in. Simple as that. That would be two top-10 wins and a third top-15 win.

Being ranked below TCU is pure horseshīt- someone needs to explain to me what the rationale is there.

Need an explanation regarding fūcking Okie, too. Both 1 loss teams. The Okes don’t play defense. 50 points a game. Fūck me.

Clemson gets the NC 1 loss pass. I get that. ND for strength of schedule. Not saying I necessarily agree with those, but I understand the rstionsle.

But TCU and OK. No way.

We should be 5. End of story.

And where you’re ranked matters.

agreed, but whatever if we beat ND we move ahead of all 1 loss teams

Sorry but if we beat ND we should be ranked #1 . Nobody and I mean NOBODY has our resume at that point. Even Toledo will be top 25 next week.

People worried about Oklahoma and TCU as if they don't play each other in four days.

Not the point. Moving forward, for years to come, this is the kind of treatment Miami can expect to get from the committee.

Ami shocked? Fvck no.
But we have to go undefeated every year, while they try desperately to get 2 SEC teams in each year.

LSU not dropping out of top 25 is also funny as ****. They got face fvcked at home by Troy. At one point they were down 17 I believe.

6-3 LSU ranked w that loss?

Not the point. Moving forward, for years to come, this is the kind of treatment Miami can expect to get from the committee.

Ami shocked? Fvck no.
But we have to go undefeated every year, while they try desperately to get 2 SEC teams in each year.

LSU not dropping out of top 25 is also funny as ****. They got face fvcked at home by Troy. At one point they were down 17 I believe.

Dumb. We're where we are because we couldn't get out of our own way against bad teams. It's shocking that people don't get that. If we come out and beat teams like we should we will be right there at the top. You people act like we've been screwed in the polls when we were great. That NEVER happened.

Advertisement

Ami shocked? Fvck no.

Wisconsin is getting the same treatment. You think there is some national media vendetta against those white boys from the Midwest?

We looked bad in our wins all year until last week. Beat ND and we will move up to No. 3.

Dumbest take on this board (by sometimes otherwise intelligent people): "Nothing matters! If we win out then we're in!"

Well thanks. Thank you for setting the bar higher for us than any other program aside from Wisconsin (with an incomparably weak schedule). Please remember your standards if we somehow lose a 1 pt game to Notre Dame and then beat Clemson. Or smash Notre Dame and lose to Clemson in OT.

I'm not in the business of EVER predicting a Canes loss but for chrissakes- some of us need to learn how to play this narrative game a little better and wayyyyy earlier. The SEC starts excusing losses in like week 1.

Nonsense. Barely beating unranked teams followed by squeaking by a horrifically bad UNC team put us in this position. Had we rolled over our schedule, then we’d get the benefit of the doubt among one-loss teams. We didn’t so going undefeated is how we get in the playoff.

I love people like you where "barely beating" teams is worse than LOSING TO teams.

So we have a clear path into the top four. Just like I tried to explain to those buffoons all week.

You are a lying sack.

You never said "clear path". You said that Miami controls its own destiny, win and they are in. And that is still not true.

There is no guarantee that the loser of Alabama-UGa drops below us. The TCU-OU winner may stay ahead of us. And Wisconsin and Washington may still jump us.

We have a "clear path" - if Miami wins out AND certain teams lose (particularly if TCU and OU face each other in the Big 12 Championship game and they each win one).

Nobody said "thinking otherwise". This has NOTHING to do with anyone's opinion, it has to do with looking at how the CFP are voting.

"Miami hasn't beaten anyone". Then we do. They move us up ONE SPOT over teams ahead of us who won.

So, again, we were ASSISTED by factors outside of our control. Do you honestly believe that if Ohio Taint and Ped State had won that we would be any higher than [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=9]#9 [/URL] ?

Yes, we are going to benefit from other teams losing. It is NOT all about Miami "winning out". Just as I said last week.

You're wrong. It is all about Miami winning out. If we win out, we are in. Simple as that. That would be two top-10 wins and a third top-15 win.

And they aren't "Top 10" and "Top 15" wins until the END of the season.

Not sure why people can't handle two concepts at the same time.

Miami needs to win. Miami needs certain teams to win (our opponents, when we aren't playing them) and lose (everyone else possible).

Two simple concepts. But people are in denial that for the second time in a row, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oklahoma, and TCU are ahead of us.

We need several dominoes to go down, and not just 4 UM wins.

Unlike certain buffoons, I have never claimed that nobody ahead of us would lose, only that we needed them to lose. If they all kept winning, we were going to get stuck at the bottom of the Top 10. If 2 massive upsets didn't just happen, we would be sitting at #9 .

Nobody can deny that. But certain nitwits are going to project the end of the season the way that they want to.

Look, I don't think we should be behind ANY of the 1-loss teams. But we are. And we only jumped 1-loss teams that went to 2-loss teams. That's not my imagination or opinion.

We control some things, and we need some help.

Dumbest take on this board (by sometimes otherwise intelligent people): "Nothing matters! If we win out then we're in!"

Well thanks. Thank you for setting the bar higher for us than any other program aside from Wisconsin (with an incomparably weak schedule). Please remember your standards if we somehow lose a 1 pt game to Notre Dame and then beat Clemson. Or smash Notre Dame and lose to Clemson in OT.

I'm not in the business of EVER predicting a Canes loss but for chrissakes- some of us need to learn how to play this narrative game a little better and wayyyyy earlier. The SEC starts excusing losses in like week 1.

Nonsense. Barely beating unranked teams followed by squeaking by a horrifically bad UNC team put us in this position. Had we rolled over our schedule, then we’d get the benefit of the doubt among one-loss teams. We didn’t so going undefeated is how we get in the playoff.

I love people like you where "barely beating" teams is worse than LOSING TO teams.

Came here to post this

Advertisement

Holding off a last minute UNC (1-8) game-winning drive is worse than losing on the road to a ranked team. Yes, absolutely.

Ami shocked? Fvck no.

Exactly. We can get mired down in the specifics of this season where hopefully this is not an issue and then lose sight of this being the case for us every year in the current system. It'll seriously take us actually getting screwed over and not rightfully getting a Playoff spot before some of the guys around here see the light. That's a helluva price to pay.

They aren’t going to keep us out if we win out. I haven’t read the thread thoroughly but I see that’s a discussion. I️ see where you are coming from, but once again, they aren’t keeping us out if we run the table. As bad as they would like to, they know they can’t lol.

Advertisement
You are a lying sack.

So, again, we were ASSISTED by factors outside of our control. Do you honestly believe that if Ohio Taint and Ped State had won that we would be any higher than [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=9]#9 [/URL] ?

Miami needs to win. Miami needs certain teams to win (our opponents, when we aren't playing them) and lose (everyone else possible).

Two simple concepts. But people are in denial that for the second time in a row, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oklahoma, and TCU are ahead of us.

Unlike certain buffoons, I have never claimed that nobody ahead of us would lose, only that we needed them to lose. If they all kept winning, we were going to get stuck at the bottom of the Top 10. If 2 massive upsets didn't just happen, we would be sitting at #9 .

Nobody can deny that. But certain nitwits are going to project the end of the season the way that they want to.

Look, I don't think we should be behind ANY of the 1-loss teams. But we are. And we only jumped 1-loss teams that went to 2-loss teams. That's not my imagination or opinion.

Nope. You're still wrong.

If we win out, we will make the playoff. Doesn't matter what happens to anyone else along the way.

Hold on......so people are actually worried that this is all being done on purpose because "everyone hates Miami" and it might just happen every year. Good god.

"But we beat Toledo and finally put them away with six minutes left!!!"

You've been exposed in this thread. Just stfu already.

TCU has 1 win against a top 25 team. (#15 okie st)
We have 1 win against a top 25 team. (#17 VT)

There is no reason miami should be punished for winning close games when TCU LOST a close game. Where's the logic in that?

If TCU had 2 top 10 wins I could at least understand the rationale. As it stands there's no justifying it.

You lose

Advertisement
"But we beat Toledo and finally put them away with six minutes left!!!"

You've been exposed in this thread. Just stfu already.

TCU has 1 win against a top 25 team. (#15 okie st)
We have 1 win against a top 25 team. (#17 VT)

There is no reason miami should be punished for winning close games when TCU LOST a close game. Where's the logic in that?

If TCU had 2 top 10 wins I could at least understand the rationale. As it stands there's no justifying it.

You lose

Mature. "You lose". "Stfu".

And I wonder why it's so hard explaining basic concepts to people.

UNC and Iowa State are not the same.

Nope. You're still wrong.

If we win out, we will make the playoff. Doesn't matter what happens to anyone else along the way.

It already HAS mattered what happened to anyone else along the way. We already had Ped State and Ohio Taint get upset last week.

Or are we going to have weekly "I told you so" posts? The argument was made LAST WEEK, that Miami needed teams ahead of us to lose. Two did. My argument from LAST WEEK is already being proven correct.

This week, we already are closer to controlling our own destiny. Not quite there yet, but we are closer.

Win Saturday and we’re #3

Normally I would agree with you, but with this committee clown show, who knows?

They think TCU and Oklahoma losing to Iowa State is somehow more impressive than Miami not losing to anyone.

Lots of sound logic there.

It already HAS mattered what happened to anyone else along the way. We already had Ped State and Ohio Taint get upset last week.

Or are we going to have weekly "I told you so" posts? The argument was made LAST WEEK, that Miami needed teams ahead of us to lose. Two did. My argument from LAST WEEK is already being proven correct.

This week, we already are closer to controlling our own destiny. Not quite there yet, but we are closer.

It's actually everyone else's argument that has been proven correct. You're the guy who was worried that every team in the top nine would win out.

Advertisement
Back