Playoff rankings Miami #7

Nobody is shocked about ****. You are the most dense ************ on the planet. Nobody ever once suggested that all of the teams above us would win out. Nobody ever suggested the absolutely ridiculous premise that teams that play each other would somehow end with nobody losing. You are arguing against an absurdity that nobody is claiming but you, and you're thumping your chest about how absurd it is.

You just made my point for me, ya stupid ****. The Big 12 will whittle itself down to 1. Their two best teams are ahead of us right now and there is no reason, ****ing ZERO, to expect that the winner will fall below us. Lat week when the argument was made, all three of the top B1G teams were ahead of us and there was no reason to expect that we'd jump ahead of Ohio State unless it was them that lost. We didn't control that game, you ****ing rube. We don't control the outcome of the Big 12. We don't control the committee's desire to see two SEC teams in the playoffs. We don't control anything except the games we play, and you don't know ****. You're betting in favor of the higher probability and claiming that it's the only possibility. You are absolutely, mathematically, 100% wrong, and the outcome does not change that what so ever.

Your argument is the equivalent of a moron saying that Mike Tyson had no shot against Buster Douglas, and claiming you were right based on the outcome. Outcomes do not effect probability.

I love it when you guys get flustered like this.

It took exactly five days to destroy last week's thread. And there's still a month to go. Only you and whateverhisnameis didn't understand that teams ahead of us were going to lose by default. Why? Because they play each other. Weird, right?

No one claimed to predict those specific losses. What I did predict, though, is that we would EASILY move up in November if we won out. Lo and behold, three spots in one week with two future opponents still in front of us. And you still don't see how wrong you were.

Ten pages later and you still can't admit that the Ped State and Ohio Taint upsets were NOT "teams ahead of us that play each other".

Miami's destiny was aided by two upsets beyond our control.

If those teams had not lost, they would still be ranked ahead of us.

But here's all your anti-Miami stuff:

10-31-2017, 06:29 PM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 1[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

Playing like we've been playing, no, we will not get in with one loss.

When we've shown we deserve to be at the top, they have always put us at the top.

And then there was this:

10-31-2017, 06:30 PM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 2[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

Nobody got screwed. There's five weeks of games left.

And this:

10-31-2017, 06:34 PM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 7[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

They haven't been holding off 1-8 teams with three minutes left.

And this:

10-31-2017, 06:40 PM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 3[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

We are right where we should be.

And this:

10-31-2017, 08:48 PM #85
Jaromir Jagr

Quit being a drama queen. We've had to escape literally four straight weeks against unranked teams and don't have a single impressive win.

And this:

10-31-2017, 08:50 PM #87
Jaromir Jagr

That Wisky doesn't have to force fumbles with three minutes left to beat a 1-8 team.

And this:

10-31-2017, 08:56 PM #90
Jaromir Jagr

They have wins against good teams. Our big win is against Toledo.

So, after slamming Miami over and over and over again, here is your ACTUAL original argument which everyone took issue with:

11-01-2017, 06:34 AM #129
Jaromir Jagr

We have a two game schedule. If we win those two games, we will be in position for a playoff spot.

When I criticized your ridiculous argument, this was your response:

11-01-2017, 10:00 AM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 09[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

We control our own destiny. We will either win out and be in the playoffs, or we will lose one or two games and not be in the playoffs.

You then repeated your argument in different terms:

11-01-2017, 10:16 AM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 2[/URL] 9
Jaromir Jagr

If we go 12-0, we are 10000% locked into the playoffs. No sane person argues this.

Then you had this gem:

11-01-2017, 10:18 AM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 35[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

We did play games, that's how we know that Penn State and Oklahoma are better than us.

And this:

11-01-2017, 10:19 AM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 37[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

The goal of the playoffs is to get the best four teams. We are not one of the best four teams.

And this:

11-01-2017, 10:26 AM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 46[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

We CONTROL our OWN destiny.

And this:

11-01-2017, 01:41 PM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 20[/URL]
Jaromir Jagr

We win out, we are #2 .

And this:

11-01-2017, 01:53 PM [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 3[/URL] 2
Jaromir Jagr

If Miami runs the table, we are a lock along with the SEC champion.

It's so obvious that, all along, your entire argument was that Miami controlled its own destiny. That's all anyone ever criticized you for, since that conclusion is your own opinion, and not a factual statement.

Even more ludicrous was your ongoing demand to provide historical evidence, when we have only had a Final Four for a few years.

But, hey, keep telling yourself that you have been vindicated. Instead, I am being proven correct with every passing week. Miami moved up spots OVER TEAMS THAT GOT UPSET, not over teams ahead of us who played each other.

Again, the very definition of needing help to move up, and how Miami does not control its own destiny.

The CFP Committee controls our destiny. We may get more help to get to where we should be, but we shouldn't need that help, we should be #3 right now.

Advertisement
Do you honestly believe that if Ohio Taint and Ped State had won that we would be any higher than #9 ?

The rest of us knew that teams ahead of us would lose. You're the only guy who thought everyone ahead of us would win out.

You are a liar. That's not name-calling, it is a statement of fact.

Your claim (last week) was not that teams ahead of Miami would lose to unranked opponents. Your claim (last week) was that Miami was in control of its own destiny and ONLY needed to win its own games.

You have been proven wrong in one week.

It's so simple. The CFP Committee ranks undefeated Miami [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10]#10 [/URL] behind six 1-loss teams because Miami hasn't beaten a ranked team. Then Miami beats a ranked team and we are still behind the same exact 1-loss teams (oh, but the CFP Committee moves undefeated Miami ahead of TWO-LOSS teams).

The bottom line is that we should not even need any of this. We should be #3 by virtue of our undefeated record. We should not have to jump anyone. The CFP Committee can debate all they want about how to rank each 1-loss team, or all of the 2-loss teams. But the undefeated teams should be at the top.

Miami still does not control its own destiny, the CFP Committee controls our destiny. You can't make a backwards argument just because you want to (oh, there's no way an undefeated Miami won't be in the top 4). You can only go by the evidence presented, and after 2 of the 6 votes taken by the CFP Committee, they still have us outside of the Top 4, and behind FOUR teams with worse records than us.

That's reality.

I present facts and logic. You blindly argue what you want to happen, because you are emotional and irrational.

Miami needs help to make the Final Four. The CFP Committee has already proven, twice, that they can and will ignore Miami's superior record. There is nothing stopping the CFP from moving Washington and Wisconsin ahead of us again. I hope it doesn't happen, but it's not in our control.

Miami wins out they are 100% zero questions in. Not even a thought.

Your opinion.

Not a summary of the position of the CFP Committee, of which you are not a member.

I'm not giving my opinion, I'm criticizing how the CFP Committee has voted twice in a row.

They have FOUR 1-loss teams ahead of us for the second week in a row. There are four votes left.

There is absolutely nothing stopping the CFP from putting THREE 1-loss teams ahead of us after the sixth vote (SEC-CG loser, 1-loss Big 12 Champ, 1-loss Pac 12 Champ Washington).

It might be my OPINION that that would not happen, but I can't make it so just by wishing it and saying it. We are still subject to the whims of the CFP Committee, and while wins over VT and ND and Clemson might look great now, we have no idea whether they will be as impressive in December.

And that is the issue.

Nitwits on this board are projecting an event in a month based on (a) having faith that the CFP Committee will "do the right thing" and (b) assuming that our upcoming opponents will still have the same value in a month.

THOSE are assumptions.

I'm not making assumptions. The CFP has ranked us too low twice.

When someone shows you who they are, you should believe them. The CFP Committee has shown us that they do not respect Miami's body of work and are willing to vote teams that have LOST TO UNRANKED TEAMS over Miami, which has not lost to any unranked teams.

At this point in the season, "quality wins" should be a tiebreaker between teams on a similar tier (i.e., all the 1-loss teams or all the 2-loss teams). Its not a reason to rank an undefeated Power 5 team at #10 .

Ridiculous.

Do you honestly believe that if Ohio Taint and Ped State had won that we would be any higher than #9 ?

The rest of us knew that teams ahead of us would lose. You're the only guy who thought everyone ahead of us would win out.

Your claim (last week) was not that teams ahead of Miami would lose to unranked opponents. Your claim (last week) was that Miami was in control of its own destiny and ONLY needed to win its own games.

It's so simple. The CFP Committee ranks undefeated Miami [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10]#10 [/URL] behind six 1-loss teams because Miami hasn't beaten a ranked team. Then Miami beats a ranked team and we are still behind the same exact 1-loss teams (oh, but the CFP Committee moves undefeated Miami ahead of TWO-LOSS teams).

The bottom line is that we should not even need any of this. We should be #3 by virtue of our undefeated record. We should not have to jump anyone. The CFP Committee can debate all they want about how to rank each 1-loss team, or all of the 2-loss teams. But the undefeated teams should be at the top.

Miami still does not control its own destiny, the CFP Committee controls our destiny. You can't make a backwards argument just because you want to (oh, there's no way an undefeated Miami won't be in the top 4). You can only go by the evidence presented, and after 2 of the 6 votes taken by the CFP Committee, they still have us outside of the Top 4, and behind FOUR teams with worse records than us.

That's reality.

I present facts and logic. You blindly argue what you want to happen, because you are emotional and irrational.

Miami needs help to make the Final Four. The CFP Committee has already proven, twice, that they can and will ignore Miami's superior record. There is nothing stopping the CFP from moving Washington and Wisconsin ahead of us again. I hope it doesn't happen, but it's not in our control.

Your opinion.

Not a summary of the position of the CFP Committee, of which you are not a member.

I'm not giving my opinion, I'm criticizing how the CFP Committee has voted twice in a row.

They have FOUR 1-loss teams ahead of us for the second week in a row. There are four votes left.

There is absolutely nothing stopping the CFP from putting THREE 1-loss teams ahead of us after the sixth vote (SEC-CG loser, 1-loss Big 12 Champ, 1-loss Pac 12 Champ Washington).

It might be my OPINION that that would not happen, but I can't make it so just by wishing it and saying it. We are still subject to the whims of the CFP Committee, and while wins over VT and ND and Clemson might look great now, we have no idea whether they will be as impressive in December.

And that is the issue.

Nitwits on this board are projecting an event in a month based on (a) having faith that the CFP Committee will "do the right thing" and (b) assuming that our upcoming opponents will still have the same value in a month.

THOSE are assumptions.

When someone shows you who they are, you should believe them. The CFP Committee has shown us that they do not respect Miami's body of work and are willing to vote teams that have LOST TO UNRANKED TEAMS over Miami, which has not lost to any unranked teams.

At this point in the season, "quality wins" should be a tiebreaker between teams on a similar tier (i.e., all the 1-loss teams or all the 2-loss teams). Its not a reason to rank an undefeated Power 5 team at #10 .

Ridiculous.

Nah its a fact. If we go undefeated & don’t make it I’ll paypal you 1000$ cash. I get nothing in return. That’s how sure I am.

It's so simple. The CFP Committee ranks undefeated Miami [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10]#10 [/URL] [/URL] behind six 1-loss teams because Miami hasn't beaten a ranked team. Then Miami beats a ranked team and we are still behind the same exact 1-loss teams (oh, but the CFP Committee moves undefeated Miami ahead of TWO-LOSS teams).

The bottom line is that we should not even need any of this. We should be [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 [/URL] by virtue of our undefeated record. We should not have to jump anyone. The CFP Committee can debate all they want about how to rank each 1-loss team, or all of the 2-loss teams. But the undefeated teams should be at the top.

That's reality.

Your opinion.

And that is the issue.

THOSE are assumptions.

At this point in the season, "quality wins" should be a tiebreaker between teams on a similar tier (i.e., all the 1-loss teams or all the 2-loss teams). Its not a reason to rank an undefeated Power 5 team at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10]#10 [/URL] .

Ridiculous.

Nah its a fact. If we go undefeated & don’t make it I’ll paypal you 1000$ cash. I get nothing in return. That’s how sure I am.

I don't give a ****e about your money. I very much WANT to be wrong. This has nothing to do with my own personal opinion, and has everything to do with the CFP Committee voting twice in a row to rank multiple 1-loss teams ahead of us.

I don't care if the "worst case scenario" is only 2% likely, and that we are 98% likely to make the Final Four as an undefeated team. The very concept that we are not ALREADY ranked at #3 , and that we need help to make the Final Four, is the very problem with the current system.

Just look at the idiots (not you, others) who are arguing about what voters "in the past" have done. Yet the CFP Committee is almost entirely made up of people who have never previously been voters (although Beamer and Willingham may have been voters in prior year coaches polls).

Therefore, I am only going on the EVIDENCE SUBMITTED by the CFP Committee thus far.

They claim that "strength of schedule" is so important, then they ignore Miami's strength of schedule and rank us at #10 (and let's be clear, SoS is for ALL of the opponents, not just your best 1 or 2 opponents).

They claim that beating ranked teams is important, and then when Miami beats a ranked team (and 1-loss teams ahead of us beat unranked teams in the same week) we are not advanced above those 1-loss teams.

They claim that "data points" are important, yet they have Clemson ranked at #4 , though they lost to an unranked team that we beat.

Do you get it yet? This is NOT MY OPINION. This is what the CFP Committee is already doing. And fast-forwarding a few weeks and denying that the Final Four cannot possibly exclude an undefeated Miami doesn't make it true.

I do not WANT this to happen. But as unpredictable and inconsistent as the CFP Committee has been, you cannot deny that they COULD rank 2 undefeated teams and 3 1-loss teams ahead of us.

Nobody wants that to happen. It is unlikely to happen. But it could happen. And the fact that we need to rely on other teams losing and the CFP Committee finally giving us credit is already an indication that the current system is still flawed.

It's so simple. The CFP Committee ranks undefeated Miami [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 0[/URL] [/URL] [/URL] behind six 1-loss teams because Miami hasn't beaten a ranked team. Then Miami beats a ranked team and we are still behind the same exact 1-loss teams (oh, but the CFP Committee moves undefeated Miami ahead of TWO-LOSS teams).

The bottom line is that we should not even need any of this. We should be [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 [/URL] by virtue of our undefeated record. We should not have to jump anyone. The CFP Committee can debate all they want about how to rank each 1-loss team, or all of the 2-loss teams. But the undefeated teams should be at the top.

That's reality.

Your opinion.

And that is the issue.

THOSE are assumptions.

At this point in the season, "quality wins" should be a tiebreaker between teams on a similar tier (i.e., all the 1-loss teams or all the 2-loss teams). Its not a reason to rank an undefeated Power 5 team at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 0[/URL] [/URL] .

Ridiculous.

I don't give a ****e about your money. I very much WANT to be wrong. This has nothing to do with my own personal opinion, and has everything to do with the CFP Committee voting twice in a row to rank multiple 1-loss teams ahead of us.

I don't care if the "worst case scenario" is only 2% likely, and that we are 98% likely to make the Final Four as an undefeated team. The very concept that we are not ALREADY ranked at #3 , and that we need help to make the Final Four, is the very problem with the current system.

Just look at the idiots (not you, others) who are arguing about what voters "in the past" have done. Yet the CFP Committee is almost entirely made up of people who have never previously been voters (although Beamer and Willingham may have been voters in prior year coaches polls).

Therefore, I am only going on the EVIDENCE SUBMITTED by the CFP Committee thus far.

They claim that "strength of schedule" is so important, then they ignore Miami's strength of schedule and rank us at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 0[/URL] (and let's be clear, SoS is for ALL of the opponents, not just your best 1 or 2 opponents).

They claim that beating ranked teams is important, and then when Miami beats a ranked team (and 1-loss teams ahead of us beat unranked teams in the same week) we are not advanced above those 1-loss teams.

They claim that "data points" are important, yet they have Clemson ranked at #4 , though they lost to an unranked team that we beat.

Do you get it yet? This is NOT MY OPINION. This is what the CFP Committee is already doing. And fast-forwarding a few weeks and denying that the Final Four cannot possibly exclude an undefeated Miami doesn't make it true.

I do not WANT this to happen. But as unpredictable and inconsistent as the CFP Committee has been, you cannot deny that they COULD rank 2 undefeated teams and 3 1-loss teams ahead of us.

Nobody wants that to happen. It is unlikely to happen. But it could happen. And the fact that we need to rely on other teams losing and the CFP Committee finally giving us credit is already an indication that the current system is still flawed.

The rankings arent static you dense butt****. Try pulling your head out of your *** for 1 second. Just because 1 team is ranked somewhere to start in week 1, has ZERO bearing on the weeks that follow. The committee "is supposed to" wipe the slate clean each week and rejudge the body of work.

I've already admitted to you there is an argument to be made for us to be above the other one loss teams (outside of ND). The committee (up to this point) doesn't value our resume. Should we be higher? It's irrelevant is my point. There is a high degree is subjectiveness involved, especially in the early stages. I'll also admit to you the committee can do whatever the **** they want. So if that is the point your are trying to make..... Congrats. The point I'm making is the ONLY ranking that matters is the last one and any reasonable person would conclude that an undefeated UM THIS YEAR, would be near impossible to be left out.

I've also never implied the committee is using our past success/failures over us as a data point. I was replying our percieved "being back" by the media, which has no correlation to the selection committee.

The reason I gave past practice of the selection committee as an argument has relevance (regardless if they are the same members or not) is because they have the same directive they always have. A NO LOSS repeat champion FSU was ranked fourth as late as week 11 in 2014. They ended up ranked 3rd BEHIND two 1 loss teams in the final ranking. Mind you there was a point in the rankings where FSU was #1 . They were jumped by THREE one loss teams later in the year at some point. Was there an anti-FSU bias then too? Did they take FSU's previous years championship into account while ranking them in 2014? No they didnt and no they weren't. FSU was eeking out weekly wins against sub par opponents.

Do I like the current process? **** no. I'd much rather there be an 6-12 team playoff, which includes auto births for conference champions.

If after next week we're still ranked behind a 1 loss Oklahoma/TCU, then I'll join the pitchfork brigade.

Regardless, argiung over rankings right now is retarded. Pointless. Your beaten wife syndrome tendencies are quite hilarious though, so please..... continue on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement

Your opinion.

And that is the issue.

THOSE are assumptions.

At this point in the season, "quality wins" should be a tiebreaker between teams on a similar tier (i.e., all the 1-loss teams or all the 2-loss teams). Its not a reason to rank an undefeated Power 5 team at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] 0[/URL] [/URL] .

Ridiculous.

They claim that "strength of schedule" is so important, then they ignore Miami's strength of schedule and rank us at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] 0[/URL] (and let's be clear, SoS is for ALL of the opponents, not just your best 1 or 2 opponents).

They claim that "data points" are important, yet they have Clemson ranked at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 [/URL] , though they lost to an unranked team that we beat.

The rankings arent static you dense butt****. Try pulling your head out of your *** for 1 second. Just because 1 team is ranked somewhere to start in week 1, has ZERO bearing on the weeks that follow. The committee "is supposed to" wipe the slate clean each week and rejudge the body of work.

I've already admitted to you there is an argument to be made for us to be above the other one loss teams (outside of ND). The committee (up to this point) doesn't value our resume. Should we be higher? It's irrelevant is my point. There is a high degree is subjectiveness involved, especially in the early stages. I'll also admit to you the committee can do whatever the **** they want. So if that is the point your are trying to make..... Congrats. The point I'm making is the ONLY ranking that matters is the last one and any reasonable person would conclude that an undefeated UM THIS YEAR, would be near impossible to be left out.

I've also never implied the committee is using our past success/failures over us as a data point. I was replying our percieved "being back" by the media, which has no correlation to the selection committee.

The reason I gave past practice of the selection committee as an argument has relevance (regardless if they are the same members or not) is because they have the same directive they always have. A NO LOSS repeat champion FSU was ranked fourth as late as week 11 in 2014. They ended up ranked 3rd BEHIND two 1 loss teams in the final ranking. Mind you there was a point in the rankings where FSU was [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] . They were jumped by THREE one loss teams later in the year at some point. Was there an anti-FSU bias then too? Did they take FSU's previous years championship into account while ranking them in 2014? No they didnt and no they weren't. FSU was eeking out weekly wins against sub par opponents.

Do I like the current process? **** no. I'd much rather there be an 6-12 team playoff, which includes auto births for conference champions.

If after next week we're still ranked behind a 1 loss Oklahoma/TCU, then I'll join the pitchfork brigade.

Regardless, argiung over rankings right now is retarded. Pointless. Your beaten wife syndrome tendencies are quite hilarious though, so please..... continue on.

I never said the rankings are static, you buffoon.

THE **** CFP COMMITTEE ARE THE ONES MAKING THE RANKINGS STATIC, THOUGH YOUR BLINDNESS WON'T ALLOW YOU TO SEE IT.

Games were played this week.

The CFP Committee didn't change the Top Five. The CFP Committee only dropped two teams out of the Top Ten because they LOST. Oh, but they flipped undefeated Miami and Wisconsin.

Good lord, there are so many people on this board who cannot differentiate between "opinions" and what the CFP is actually doing.

Just tell me which language I should use so that you can comprehend.

YES, THE CFP IS SUPPOSED TO WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN EACH WEEK.

NO, THE CFP GAVE NO INDICATION THAT IT IS CAPABLE OF FOLLOWING ITS OWN DIRECTIVES.

Not sure how to make it any simpler than that. If you need to be spoonfed, you're going to have to do that on your own.

Let me try this one more time.

THE ENTIRE TOP 10 OF THE RANKINGS THIS WEEK ARE IDENTICAL TO LAST WEEK'S ORDER, EXCEPT THAT MIAMI AND WISCONSIN FLIP-FLOPPED AND THE TWO TEAMS THAT LOST DROPPED OUT.

The Top Five were identical. Six and Seven lost and dropped out. Eight went to Six. Nine and Ten went to Seven and Eight and flip-flopped. Twelve and Fourteen went to Nine and Ten when Eleven and Thirteen lost.

So, in summary, because you need things spelled out for you...I am not arguing that the CFP Rankings should be static. I am simply observing that the voters are voting in a way that makes the rankings static. The CFP Committee gave no indication that they "started from scratch" or that they "reevaluated everything". They acted like AP and UPI/ESPN/USA Today voters have behaved for decades.

Alabama beat a Top 25 team while UGa beat an unranked team, but Alabama's resume didn't seem to improve.

Oklahoma beat a higher ranked team than Clemson beat (NC State) or Notre Dame beat (Wake), but did not move up.

Miami beat a highly-ranked team, seemingly the "thing we hadn't done", but we did not move up (except we flip-flopped with fellow undefeated team Wisconsin).

And what is going to happen this week? One plays Ten, and Two plays Sixteen. So if UGa and Bama win, they will remain static.

And while Miami (Seven) plays ND (Three), Oklahoma (Five) plays TCU (Six). We know the losing teams (now with 2 losses) will drop, but there is no differentiator to move Miami over the winner of Oklahoma-TCU. So that order will remain static (either ND stays at Three, or ND loses and drops while the winner of Five-Six stays ahead of Miami).

Number Four Clemson will not drop for beating F$U.

Number Eight Wisconsin, by beating [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 0[/URL] Iowa, will move up, but likely not jump a winning Miami.

Number Nine Washington has a bye week.

Number Ten Auburn probably loses to #1 UGa.

So it is very likely that, just like last week's Top 14, this week's Top 10 will see the 3 guaranteed losers of 1 v. 10, 3 v. 7, and 5 v. 6 drop out, followed by every other team moving up to fill in the gaps, with absolutely no reshuffling.

Thus, next week's Top 10 could be:

1. UGa
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. OU-TCU victor
5. Miami
6. Wisconsin
7. Washington
8. Notre Dame (CFP punished teams that lost to comparably ranked teams 4 spots last week, and now ND's 2 losses are to 1 and 5)
9. OU-TCU loser (same as above)
10. USC

The following week, nobody ranked plays any ranked teams. Thus, if no upsets, the Top 10 doesn't change again. Obviously, any Top 10 team that gets upset would drop a likely 7 spots (what happened to Ped State and Ohio Taint this week). More importantly, nobody in the Top 10 would "suddenly" have a better "body of work" than anyone else in the Top 10.

The final week of the regular season, the only "ranked vs. ranked" games are Alabama playing Auburn and Washington playing Washington State. If no upsets, then MAYBE #1 and #2 flip-flop, and MAYBE Washington could jump one or both of undefeated Miami and Wisconsin.

Regardless, on Championship Weekend, #1 and #2 play. The CFP has previously ranked Notre Dame at NUMBER THREE after losing to #1 , so it is very possible that the loser of 1 v. 2 does not drop out of the Top Three. Clemson would drop with a loss to Miami, so Miami could be #4 , depending on how the CFP evaluates Wisconsin's win over a ranked team in the Big 10 championship, and Washington's win over a ranked team in the Pac 12 championship.

That is not ME saying the rankings are static. That is the CFP voting that way this week, and the fact that the CFP has very little differentiation data going forward, particularly after this next weekend.

I'd love to see the CFP rip everything up, get rid of their confirmation bias, and act as if all prior weeks are not still controlling the current week. But they are humans, and they likely won't do that, no matter what their "mandate" is.

It's so simple. The CFP Committee ranks undefeated Miami [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10]#10 [/URL] [/URL] behind six 1-loss teams because Miami hasn't beaten a ranked team. Then Miami beats a ranked team and we are still behind the same exact 1-loss teams (oh, but the CFP Committee moves undefeated Miami ahead of TWO-LOSS teams).

That's reality.

Your opinion.

And that is the issue.

THOSE are assumptions.

At this point in the season, "quality wins" should be a tiebreaker between teams on a similar tier (i.e., all the 1-loss teams or all the 2-loss teams). Its not a reason to rank an undefeated Power 5 team at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10]#10 [/URL] .

Ridiculous.

They claim that "strength of schedule" is so important, then they ignore Miami's strength of schedule and rank us at #10 (and let's be clear, SoS is for ALL of the opponents, not just your best 1 or 2 opponents).

You honestly could have just said one thing and saved yourself a lot of time by typing the words "I was wrong"

You know less than nothing about how college football works

Your opinion.

And that is the issue.

THOSE are assumptions.

At this point in the season, "quality wins" should be a tiebreaker between teams on a similar tier (i.e., all the 1-loss teams or all the 2-loss teams). Its not a reason to rank an undefeated Power 5 team at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] 0[/URL] [/URL] .

Ridiculous.

They claim that "strength of schedule" is so important, then they ignore Miami's strength of schedule and rank us at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] 0[/URL] (and let's be clear, SoS is for ALL of the opponents, not just your best 1 or 2 opponents).

They claim that "data points" are important, yet they have Clemson ranked at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 [/URL] , though they lost to an unranked team that we beat.

The reason I gave past practice of the selection committee as an argument has relevance (regardless if they are the same members or not) is because they have the same directive they always have. A NO LOSS repeat champion FSU was ranked fourth as late as week 11 in 2014. They ended up ranked 3rd BEHIND two 1 loss teams in the final ranking. Mind you there was a point in the rankings where FSU was [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] . They were jumped by THREE one loss teams later in the year at some point. Was there an anti-FSU bias then too? Did they take FSU's previous years championship into account while ranking them in 2014? No they didnt and no they weren't. FSU was eeking out weekly wins against sub par opponents.

I never said the rankings are static, you buffoon.

THE **** CFP COMMITTEE ARE THE ONES MAKING THE RANKINGS STATIC, THOUGH YOUR BLINDNESS WON'T ALLOW YOU TO SEE IT.

Games were played this week.

The CFP Committee didn't change the Top Five. The CFP Committee only dropped two teams out of the Top Ten because they LOST. Oh, but they flipped undefeated Miami and Wisconsin.

Good lord, there are so many people on this board who cannot differentiate between "opinions" and what the CFP is actually doing.

Just tell me which language I should use so that you can comprehend.

YES, THE CFP IS SUPPOSED TO WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN EACH WEEK.

NO, THE CFP GAVE NO INDICATION THAT IT IS CAPABLE OF FOLLOWING ITS OWN DIRECTIVES.

Not sure how to make it any simpler than that. If you need to be spoonfed, you're going to have to do that on your own.

Let me try this one more time.

THE ENTIRE TOP 10 OF THE RANKINGS THIS WEEK ARE IDENTICAL TO LAST WEEK'S ORDER, EXCEPT THAT MIAMI AND WISCONSIN FLIP-FLOPPED AND THE TWO TEAMS THAT LOST DROPPED OUT.

The Top Five were identical. Six and Seven lost and dropped out. Eight went to Six. Nine and Ten went to Seven and Eight and flip-flopped. Twelve and Fourteen went to Nine and Ten when Eleven and Thirteen lost.

So, in summary, because you need things spelled out for you...I am not arguing that the CFP Rankings should be static. I am simply observing that the voters are voting in a way that makes the rankings static. The CFP Committee gave no indication that they "started from scratch" or that they "reevaluated everything". They acted like AP and UPI/ESPN/USA Today voters have behaved for decades.

Alabama beat a Top 25 team while UGa beat an unranked team, but Alabama's resume didn't seem to improve.

Oklahoma beat a higher ranked team than Clemson beat (NC State) or Notre Dame beat (Wake), but did not move up.

Miami beat a highly-ranked team, seemingly the "thing we hadn't done", but we did not move up (except we flip-flopped with fellow undefeated team Wisconsin).

And what is going to happen this week? One plays Ten, and Two plays Sixteen. So if UGa and Bama win, they will remain static.

And while Miami (Seven) plays ND (Three), Oklahoma (Five) plays TCU (Six). We know the losing teams (now with 2 losses) will drop, but there is no differentiator to move Miami over the winner of Oklahoma-TCU. So that order will remain static (either ND stays at Three, or ND loses and drops while the winner of Five-Six stays ahead of Miami).

Number Four Clemson will not drop for beating F$U.

Number Eight Wisconsin, by beating [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 0[/URL] Iowa, will move up, but likely not jump a winning Miami.

Number Nine Washington has a bye week.

Number Ten Auburn probably loses to #1 UGa.

So it is very likely that, just like last week's Top 14, this week's Top 10 will see the 3 guaranteed losers of 1 v. 10, 3 v. 7, and 5 v. 6 drop out, followed by every other team moving up to fill in the gaps, with absolutely no reshuffling.

Thus, next week's Top 10 could be:

1. UGa
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. OU-TCU victor
5. Miami
6. Wisconsin
7. Washington
8. Notre Dame (CFP punished teams that lost to comparably ranked teams 4 spots last week, and now ND's 2 losses are to 1 and 5)
9. OU-TCU loser (same as above)
10. USC

The following week, nobody ranked plays any ranked teams. Thus, if no upsets, the Top 10 doesn't change again. Obviously, any Top 10 team that gets upset would drop a likely 7 spots (what happened to Ped State and Ohio Taint this week). More importantly, nobody in the Top 10 would "suddenly" have a better "body of work" than anyone else in the Top 10.

The final week of the regular season, the only "ranked vs. ranked" games are Alabama playing Auburn and Washington playing Washington State. If no upsets, then MAYBE #1 and #2 flip-flop, and MAYBE Washington could jump one or both of undefeated Miami and Wisconsin.

Regardless, on Championship Weekend, #1 and #2 play. The CFP has previously ranked Notre Dame at NUMBER THREE after losing to #1 , so it is very possible that the loser of 1 v. 2 does not drop out of the Top Three. Clemson would drop with a loss to Miami, so Miami could be #4 , depending on how the CFP evaluates Wisconsin's win over a ranked team in the Big 10 championship, and Washington's win over a ranked team in the Pac 12 championship.

That is not ME saying the rankings are static. That is the CFP voting that way this week, and the fact that the CFP has very little differentiation data going forward, particularly after this next weekend.

I'd love to see the CFP rip everything up, get rid of their confirmation bias, and act as if all prior weeks are not still controlling the current week. But they are humans, and they likely won't do that, no matter what their "mandate" is.

Hey dumb****. Just because they didn't change them this week, doesn't mean they won't change next week. Got it.

Oh, right.

Because they fail to do their job one week, and then they will start to do their job the next week. Riiight.

Even Barry Jackson understands.

Miami Hurricanes slighted in College Football Playoff poll for these reasons | Miami Herald

The CFP Committee is ignoring stuff they shouldn't ignore, and taking stuff into account that they shouldn't take into account.

We should be ahead of Clemson. We both beat VaTech, and yet they are several spots ahead of us for 1 TD wins over Auburn and NC State. Clemson lost to a 5-loss team that we beat.

We should be ahead of OU. They have 2 wins over ranked teams, Miami has 1. Oklahoma lost to a 3-loss team.

We should be ranked ahead of TCU. They have 1 win over a ranked team, same as us. TCU lost to a 3-loss team.

Margin of victory is not supposed to be a consideration. But it obviously is.

We should already be in the Top Four, but we are not.

In order to get into the Top Four, we will need other teams to lose, and we will need the CFP Committee to start ACTUALLY doing their jobs instead of using the new rankings to confirm how they felt in the prior week.

Advertisement
Oh, right.

Because they fail to do their job one week, and then they will start to do their job the next week. Riiight.

Miami Hurricanes slighted in College Football Playoff poll for these reasons | Miami Herald

The CFP Committee is ignoring stuff they shouldn't ignore, and taking stuff into account that they shouldn't take into account.

We should be ahead of Clemson. We both beat VaTech, and yet they are several spots ahead of us for 1 TD wins over Auburn and NC State. Clemson lost to a 5-loss team that we beat.

We should be ahead of OU. They have 2 wins over ranked teams, Miami has 1. Oklahoma lost to a 3-loss team.

We should be ranked ahead of TCU. They have 1 win over a ranked team, same as us. TCU lost to a 3-loss team.

In order to get into the Top Four, we will need other teams to lose, and we will need the CFP Committee to start ACTUALLY doing their jobs instead of using the new rankings to confirm how they felt in the prior week.

You have ABSOLUTELY zero clue for that to be true. Other than and EXTREMELY small sample size of two weeks of rankings. If we don't see a dramatic bump after next week (over 1 loss OU/TCU & Clemson) then I'll maybe start to entertain your theory.

In the end, these rankings don't matter. The only ranking that DOES matter is the final ranking.

I've already conceded your point that there is a good case for us being ranked higher than we should be. I just have more faith that after we beat ND, the respect we are looking for will be granted.

We shall see.

We won one game and moved up three spots. That looks like I was right. You're actually ****ed off that it didn't play out the way you though it would.

It's so simple. The CFP Committee ranks undefeated Miami #10 behind six 1-loss teams because Miami hasn't beaten a ranked team. Then Miami beats a ranked team and we are still behind the same exact 1-loss teams (oh, but the CFP Committee moves undefeated Miami ahead of TWO-LOSS teams).

And moved ahead of an undefeated team.

That is a philosophy not shared by everyone, no matter how many insults you toss out there.

Miami controls its own destiny. Even our biggest detractors say that if we win out we will have proven ourselves.
"But what if Virginia Tech loses another game!!!!"
Save it. That stuff doesn't matter.

I am emotional and irrational, but you and your other screen name can't wait to insult people who disagree with you. It must have been painful watching it play out exactly like I told you it would.

It's so obvious that, all along, your entire argument was that Miami controlled its own destiny. That's all anyone ever criticized you for, since that conclusion is your own opinion, and not a factual statement.

No kidding. Miami DOES control its own destiny. If we win, we are a playoff team. If we lose, we lose control of our postseason destination.

Even more ludicrous was your ongoing demand to provide historical evidence, when we have only had a Final Four for a few years.

Ohio State started at #16 and made the playoffs. Oklahoma started at #15 and made the playoffs. You didn't look for evidence because you knew it would ruin your rants.

But, hey, keep telling yourself that you have been vindicated. Instead, I am being proven correct with every passing week. Miami moved up spots OVER TEAMS THAT GOT UPSET, not over teams ahead of us who played each other.

We win, move up three spots, and have a clear path to the playoffs. But you think that somehow YOU were proven right.

Again, the very definition of needing help to move up, and how Miami does not control its own destiny.

Again, you thought there was some way for all three Big 10 teams to win out. That's what you still can't comprehend. I didn't predict this week's upsets, but I had a pretty good idea that only one Big10 team can win the Big 10 title.

Advertisement
lmfao there's so much text on this page

who has actually read all of it be honest

You know you've hit rock bottom in a debate when you're pulling in Barry Jackson to prove your point.

Yeah, we will need other teams to lose, because WE PLAY TWO OF THEM. That's how bad you're doing. That puts us at #5 by default. Then you have Oklahoma playing TCU and Alabama playing Georgia. Guess what: each of those games will have a loser.

This guy is actually worried that there won't be any losses ahead of us.

Advertisement
Dan Murphy ESPN Staff Writer

"Everything is working for the Buckeyes this afternoon, making it hard to imagine this is the same team that gave up 55 points in Iowa a week ago. Are there enough style points out there to get Ohio State back into the College Football Playoff hunt?"

ESPN is already trying to get Ohio State* back in the playoff with two bad losses.

But Miami can't get any respect with zero losses.

Oh, right.

Curious what your irrational brain is thinking about our #2 ranking?

Advertisement
Back