Playoff rankings Miami #7

Advertisement
Win Saturday and we might shoot up to 2.

If UGA beats 10 Auburn on the road and it ain’t some fluke **** then they ain’t going anywhere.

Advertisement
It matters little where we are today. Let's see where we are a week from today. And then the Tuesday after the ACC conference game.

None of this BS matters.

It's all in front of us - we take care of business, we'll be where we need to be.

Myself personally, I hope the media keeps blowing ND to epic levels...will make crushing them so much sweeter

We will beat the leprechauns, UGA will lose to Auburn. Next Tuesday we are number #2 And I will be very nervous for UVA game.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Being ranked below TCU is pure horseshīt - someone needs to explain to me what the rationale is there.

Need an explanation regarding fūcking Okie, too. Both 1 loss teams. The Okes don’t play defense. 50 points a game. Fūck me.

Clemson gets the NC 1 loss pass. I get that. ND for strength of schedule. Not saying I necessarily agree with those, but I understand the rationale.

But TCU and OK. No way.

We should be 5. End of story.

And where you’re ranked matters.

Advertisement
Being ranked below TCU is pure horseshīt- someone needs to explain to me what the rationale is there.

Need an explanation regarding fūcking Okie, too. Both 1 loss teams. The Okes don’t play defense. 50 points a game. Fūck me.

Clemson gets the NC 1 loss pass. I get that. ND for strength of schedule. Not saying I necessarily agree with those, but I understand the rstionsle.

But TCU and OK. No way.

We should be 5. End of story.

And where you’re ranked matters.

agreed, but whatever if we beat ND we move ahead of all 1 loss teams

So we have a clear path into the top four. Just like I tried to explain to those buffoons all week.

You are a lying sack.

You never said "clear path". You said that Miami controls its own destiny, win and they are in. And that is still not true.

We jumped NONE of the 1-loss teams that were ahead of us.

There is no guarantee that the loser of Alabama-UGa drops below us. The TCU-OU winner may stay ahead of us. And Wisconsin and Washington may still jump us.

We have a "clear path" - if Miami wins out AND certain teams lose (particularly if TCU and OU face each other in the Big 12 Championship game and they each win one).

So we have a clear path into the top four. Just like I tried to explain to those buffoons all week.

You are a lying sack.

You never said "clear path". You said that Miami controls its own destiny, win and they are in. And that is still not true.

There is no guarantee that the loser of Alabama-UGa drops below us. The TCU-OU winner may stay ahead of us. And Wisconsin and Washington may still jump us.

We have a "clear path" - if Miami wins out AND certain teams lose (particularly if TCU and OU face each other in the Big 12 Championship game and they each win one).

If we go undefeated we are going to the playoff. Thinking otherwise is idiotic.

Advertisement

You are a lying sack.

If we go undefeated we are going to the playoff. Thinking otherwise is idiotic.

Nobody said "thinking otherwise". This has NOTHING to do with anyone's opinion, it has to do with looking at how the CFP are voting.

"Miami hasn't beaten anyone". Then we do. They move us up ONE SPOT over teams ahead of us who won.

Not to mention the fact that Ohio Taint and Ped State already lost.

So, again, we were ASSISTED by factors outside of our control. Do you honestly believe that if Ohio Taint and Ped State had won that we would be any higher than #9 ?

Yes, we are going to benefit from other teams losing. It is NOT all about Miami "winning out". Just as I said last week.

Just win but why we should care is let’s say we are a 1 loss team. At 7 we are done. Period.

Then we can blame ourselves for UNC, Syracuse, and GT, just like Louisiana Tech was our fault in 2000.

Just shut the fvck up already.

Don't start this BS again. We're undefeated, we have nothing to apologize for

We have one win against one ranked team. Maybe if we don't **** around and let UNC have a potential game winning drive we would've been ranked higher.

Dumbest take on this board (by sometimes otherwise intelligent people): "Nothing matters! If we win out then we're in!"

Well thanks. Thank you for setting the bar higher for us than any other program aside from Wisconsin (with an incomparably weak schedule). Please remember your standards if we somehow lose a 1 pt game to Notre Dame and then beat Clemson. Or smash Notre Dame and lose to Clemson in OT.

I'm not in the business of EVER predicting a Canes loss but for chrissakes- some of us need to learn how to play this narrative game a little better and wayyyyy earlier. The SEC starts excusing losses in like week 1.

Nonsense. Barely beating unranked teams followed by squeaking by a horrifically bad UNC team put us in this position. Had we rolled over our schedule, then we’d get the benefit of the doubt among one-loss teams. We didn’t so going undefeated is how we get in the playoff.

Advertisement

You are a lying sack.

So now you're going to argue semantics? We control our own destiny and we have a clear path to the playoffs. Only you could be confused by that.

You're the guy who's shocked that there were upsets. You thought we were going to stay #10 the rest of the year.

(7-1) TCU has 1 top 25 win - #15 Okie St
(8-0) Miami has 1 top 25 win - #17 VT

So if we beat ND by 1 and TCU beats OU by 1 are we still behind them? How could the committee justify putting us ahead at that point?

Richt was on the show what did he have to say?

Asked about winning close games developing the team
Talked about difference between those close games last year and this year being the factor between being 8 0 and 4-4

preparing the team for bigger games each week

talks about consistency and putting together complete games, vt was the best game so far this year, thought vt was a great team instead of just good and talked about the home field advantage contributing to the win

Asked about ranking (7) and was it appropriate
We win and we move up, lose and move down. Just focusing on notre dame right now (chuckled as this was asked)

How have the players reacted leading up to this game?
Team is not afraid to embrace the success because thats what they have been fighting for. Thats their goal

Advertisement
Back