Playoff rankings Miami #7

Nobody said "thinking otherwise". This has NOTHING to do with anyone's opinion, it has to do with looking at how the CFP are voting.

"Miami hasn't beaten anyone". Then we do. They move us up ONE SPOT over teams ahead of us who won.

Not to mention the fact that Ohio Taint and Ped State already lost.

So, again, we were ASSISTED by factors outside of our control. Do you honestly believe that if Ohio Taint and Ped State had won that we would be any higher than [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=9]#9 [/URL] ?

Yes, we are going to benefit from other teams losing. It is NOT all about Miami "winning out". Just as I said last week.

You're wrong. It is all about Miami winning out. If we win out, we are in. Simple as that. That would be two top-10 wins and a third top-15 win.

And they aren't "Top 10" and "Top 15" wins until the END of the season.

Not sure why people can't handle two concepts at the same time.

Miami needs to win. Miami needs certain teams to win (our opponents, when we aren't playing them) and lose (everyone else possible).

Two simple concepts. But people are in denial that for the second time in a row, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oklahoma, and TCU are ahead of us.

We need several dominoes to go down, and not just 4 UM wins.

Unlike certain buffoons, I have never claimed that nobody ahead of us would lose, only that we needed them to lose. If they all kept winning, we were going to get stuck at the bottom of the Top 10. If 2 massive upsets didn't just happen, we would be sitting at #9 .

Nobody can deny that. But certain nitwits are going to project the end of the season the way that they want to.

Look, I don't think we should be behind ANY of the 1-loss teams. But we are. And we only jumped 1-loss teams that went to 2-loss teams. That's not my imagination or opinion.

We control some things, and we need some help.

Nope. You're still wrong.

If we win out, we will make the playoff. Doesn't matter what happens to anyone else along the way.

It already HAS mattered what happened to anyone else along the way. We already had Ped State and Ohio Taint get upset last week.

Or are we going to have weekly "I told you so" posts? The argument was made LAST WEEK, that Miami needed teams ahead of us to lose. Two did. My argument from LAST WEEK is already being proven correct.

This week, we already are closer to controlling our own destiny. Not quite there yet, but we are closer.

So in what scneario of us winning out do we not make the college football playoff? Please enlighten me.

Advertisement
Win Saturday and we’re #3

Normally I would agree with you, but with this committee clown show, who knows?

They think TCU and Oklahoma losing to Iowa State is somehow more impressive than Miami not losing to anyone.

Lots of sound logic there.

Herbstreit explained that pretty well. Going undefeated against nothing isn't automatically more impressive than playing five ranked teams and losing once.

They aren’t going to keep us out if we win out. I haven’t read the thread thoroughly but I see that’s a discussion. I️ see where you are coming from, but once again, they aren’t keeping us out if we run the table. As bad as they would like to, they know they can’t lol.

No ****.

The question is will we ever be afforded the luxury of losing 1 game and making it into a play off?

If this season's current rankings are any indication of how the committee views us, then the answer is no.

Miami is a victim of it's past success. We will always be held to a higher standard in the minds of college football fans, the media, selection committee members, etc.

Then throw in the fact that the SEC gets so much favoritism in polls and it's a recipe for disaster if we ever have 1 loss seasons.

LSU @ #25 is all you need to know about how the SEC is viewed. Blown out by Troy at home and 6-3 on the year and these clowns are ranked? It's simply to bolster bama's schedule (which sucks).

Get used to it.

Win Saturday and we’re #3

Normally I would agree with you, but with this committee clown show, who knows?

They think TCU and Oklahoma losing to Iowa State is somehow more impressive than Miami not losing to anyone.

Lots of sound logic there.

Herbstreit explained that pretty well. Going undefeated against nothing isn't automatically more impressive than playing five ranked teams and losing once.

TCU has played 5 ranked teams? Wow, news to me.

We have the same # of quality wins as TCU and we are undefeated. Should be ahead of them in every poll, computer, etc.

Advertisement
I Don't know why y'all getting mad. When we beat ND we are atleast #3 . When Auburn beat UGA we will be #2 . That's my thoughts and I'm sticking with it.

No true FR is going into such a hostile place and winning with a DL that can out that much pressure on you. It was the same when VT came in here with a Red shirt FR.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hold on......so people are actually worried that this is all being done on purpose because "everyone hates Miami" and it might just happen every year. Good god.

You are an absolute dope when it comes to arguments.

It is not simply whether "everyone hates Miami". That's where you misunderstand the word "bias".

"Bias" is about more than whether a white person discriminates against a black person. I have always been talking about CONFIRMATION BIAS. That is where the voters, having previously taken a vote, continue to evaluate information in a way that is both illogical/inconsistent, but which confirms their prior decisions.

Thus, TCU and Miami are NOT reconsidered side-by-side, with fresh eyes. No, the voters KEPT a 1-loss TCU team ahead of an undefeated Miami team, even though we have comparable "best victories. The voters KEPT a 1-loss Clemson team ahead of an undefeated Miami team even though we played a common opponent (UM won, Clemson lost).

Confirmation bias. The voters (whether they are AP, coaches, or CFP) are going to continue to use arguments selectively to confirm their prior votes. They are not SUDDENLY going to become open-minded and realize that it is ridiculous to put an undefeated Miami behind Clemson, TCU, and Oklahoma.

We actually have people in this thread that value a loss more than a close win.

Again, absolutely no way that TCU and Oklahoma should be ranked above us. That’s basically saying their loss is worth more than our win (albeit to a poor team)

Ridiculous and illogical.

So in what scneario of us winning out do we not make the college football playoff? Please enlighten me.

Exactly. I want to see the scenario that has 12-0 Miami at #5 . This should be good.

You didn't listen last week, why will you listen this week?

Notre Dame is already NUMBER THREE because they lost to NUMBER ONE. What makes you think that the 1-point loser of Alabama-UGa will drop below us?

Notre Dame, VaTech, and Clemson might still lose games, and be lesser "quality victories" over the next month.

Wisconsin and Washington COULD jump us.

Any one of those three things, or all three of those things, could happen. But you still won't admit it.

All of you nitwits are basing your arguments on the CFP suddenly getting smart and realizing that undefeated teams should be ranked higher than 1-loss teams. Which, of course, hasn't happened for 2 weeks. And there are only 4 votes left.

Advertisement
They are killing Wisconsin man, the disrespect is incredible haha. I want Miami and Wisconsin to end up in the top 4. Fck Finebaum

They aren’t going to keep us out if we win out. I haven’t read the thread thoroughly but I see that’s a discussion. I️ see where you are coming from, but once again, they aren’t keeping us out if we run the table. As bad as they would like to, they know they can’t lol.

No ****.

The question is will we ever be afforded the luxury of losing 1 game and making it into a play off?

If this season's current rankings are any indication of how the committee views us, then the answer is no.

Miami is a victim of it's past success. We will always be held to a higher standard in the minds of college football fans, the media, selection committee members, etc.

Then throw in the fact that the SEC gets so much favoritism in polls and it's a recipe for disaster if we ever have 1 loss seasons.

LSU @ #25 is all you need to know about how the SEC is viewed. Blown out by Troy at home and 6-3 on the year and these clowns are ranked? It's simply to bolster bama's schedule (which sucks).

Get used to it.

Ok
Well yes, agree with that. Like I said, didn’t read the thread thoroughly so didn’t know that was the question. We definitely have to go above and beyond, no doubt. Even throttling Notre Dame and losing to Clemson by 1 point would probably keep us out unfortunately.

Hold on......so people are actually worried that this is all being done on purpose because "everyone hates Miami" and it might just happen every year. Good god.

You are an absolute dope when it comes to arguments.

It is not simply whether "everyone hates Miami". That's where you misunderstand the word "bias".

"Bias" is about more than whether a white person discriminates against a black person. I have always been talking about CONFIRMATION BIAS. That is where the voters, having previously taken a vote, continue to evaluate information in a way that is both illogical/inconsistent, but which confirms their prior decisions.

Thus, TCU and Miami are NOT reconsidered side-by-side, with fresh eyes. No, the voters KEPT a 1-loss TCU team ahead of an undefeated Miami team, even though we have comparable "best victories. The voters KEPT a 1-loss Clemson team ahead of an undefeated Miami team even though we played a common opponent (UM won, Clemson lost).

Confirmation bias. The voters (whether they are AP, coaches, or CFP) are going to continue to use arguments selectively to confirm their prior votes. They are not SUDDENLY going to become open-minded and realize that it is ridiculous to put an undefeated Miami behind Clemson, TCU, and Oklahoma.

I love it. The voters are "biased", but "TheOriginalCane" sees all teams objectively.

That's how bad you're doing here.

Advertisement

Exactly. I want to see the scenario that has 12-0 Miami at #5 . This should be good.

Notre Dame is already NUMBER THREE because they lost to NUMBER ONE. What makes you think that the 1-point loser of Alabama-UGa will drop below us?

Notre Dame, VaTech, and Clemson might still lose games, and be lesser "quality victories" over the next month.

Any one of those three things, or all three of those things, could happen. But you still won't admit it.

All of you nitwits are basing your arguments on the CFP suddenly getting smart and realizing that undefeated teams should be ranked higher than 1-loss teams. Which, of course, hasn't happened for 2 weeks. And there are only 4 votes left.

Right, because Oklahoma lost credit when Ohio State lost.

"They hate us!!!!!"

We actually have people in this thread that value a loss more than a close win.

Again, absolutely no way that TCU and Oklahoma should be ranked above us. That’s basically saying their loss is worth more than our win (albeit to a poor team)

Ridiculous and illogical.

Not only that, but it is only Miami fans who poor-mouth Miami's victories as a JUSTIFICATION for why we are ranked where we are ranked.

Every other fanbase on the planet will actually make a coherent argument for why they should be ranked HIGHER.

Miami's sad-sack fans just mope around talking about how unimpressive their tiny peckers are.

Advertisement
Not only that, but it is only Miami fans who poor-mouth Miami's victories as a JUSTIFICATION for why we are ranked where we are ranked.

Every other fanbase on the planet will actually make a coherent argument for why they should be ranked HIGHER.

Miami's sad-sack fans just mope around talking about how unimpressive their tiny peckers are.

Or how unimpressive Miami's wins are. You can be the one guy who is talking about peckers. You do you.

Again, you are wrong. No matter how long your posts are and how many names you call people, the bottom line is if Miami wins out they will go to the College Football Playoff. I'm done fighting about an argument where you are assuming losses by all the teams we play and none by teams Washington/wisconsin/anyone else play.

I love how people don't learn from the past.

Every year people flip out over polls in early November. Then everyone loses and the actual final four looks completely different. But THIS year is the year when everyone wins out.

Advertisement
Back