Pie young?

I see the point about not giving kids like this a second chance with Miami after they spurned us in the first place, and I agree with it to an extent.

However, I think it could be a pretty powerful message to have a kid come back to Miami and ball after languishing elsewhere. A kid like that and his family could turn into great advocates for us in the community trying to convince future recruits that leaving town isn’t worth it.

Just a thought. I see both sides.
No.

Advertisement
I'm only willing to take the kid if he legally changes his first name to "Pastelito".... and has his uncle here apologize to all of us for not instantly embracing a kid that spurned UM and registered the same amount of stats at USC as my pet alpaca.

I see the point about not giving kids like this a second chance with Miami after they spurned us in the first place, and I agree with it to an extent.

However, I think it could be a pretty powerful message to have a kid come back to Miami and ball after languishing elsewhere. A kid like that and his family could turn into great advocates for us in the community trying to convince future recruits that leaving town isn’t worth it.

Just a thought. I see both sides.

I def see you point on this one but at the sametime I think it can also send the message that it's ok to go elsewhere and don't worry you can always come back here even if you spurned us the 1st time.

Then you'd hear things like "I am Miami and I love Miami but I'm gonna go to Bama, UGA, Ohio State, Clemson etc but hey don't worry if it doesn't work out for me there I will come back to Miami."

That's understandable.... I'm only talking about the ppl who wouldn't want him just because he didn't pick us during his recruitment.
That's me. I'm people. UM isn't a rehabilitation center. You know how much time & resources it takes to recruit every single young man? At the end of the day, we all have decisions to make. He, like many others, chose to go elsewhere, to help another program. I'm sure our coaches tell these guys where the lies are, but they still make their choice.

As a God fearing man, I make no excuses if I end up in ****. I know right from wrong, & I still make my decisions based on my own selfishness. That's no different than these young men. They are adults now. They should be held accountable. They can come back home to play ball. Just not at UM. Maybe FIU? Cuba?

Advertisement
I guess for me if I was the coach, the only way I would take him at Miami would be if he had a good family/personal reason to get out of town, and now has an equally good reason to come back. Unless, of course, he was a game changer.. Then I would be a little more understanding..

All y’all who tryna throw dirt on my dawg name **** yall cause y’all don’t know his situation im sick of y’all on here always got something negative to say suck a **** 💯
Too much Estrogen on this board. They get butt hurt when a kid doesn’t choose Miami and wants to come back. Smh

That's me. I'm people. UM isn't a rehabilitation center. You know how much time & resources it takes to recruit every single young man? At the end of the day, we all have decisions to make. He, like many others, chose to go elsewhere, to help another program. I'm sure our coaches tell these guys where the lies are, but they still make their choice.

As a God fearing man, I make no excuses if I end up in ****. I know right from wrong, & I still make my decisions based on my own selfishness. That's no different than these young men. They are adults now. They should be held accountable. They can come back home to play ball. Just not at UM. Maybe FIU? Cuba?
Dude.... As a FAN, you're taking this recruiting **** waaay too deep. Like my God, it's JUST football. Something for ENTERTAINMENT. And based on your point, you're telling me you wouldn't take anyone(from South FL) who originally chose another school over us?? Regardless of talent??

Last edited:
Advertisement
Y'all really be holding grudges against kids for picking other schools?? Lmao man grow up. If a kid can play, let them compete. Now if y'all don't want him because of his talent level then okay, that's a different story.

It’s not about holding a grudge v. getting played and then when things don’t go well, u want to crawl back home. It’s time to stop being the side chick; u made ur bed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All y’all who tryna throw dirt on my dawg name **** yall cause y’all don’t know his situation im sick of y’all on here always got something negative to say suck a **** 💯
He threw dirt on his own name by not handling his recruitment the way that earns ppl respect. Respect is always important regardless of age, disrespect brings disrespect. Don’t get mad at others for disrespecting when you didn’t check ya dawg when he was outta pocket. That’s a two way street bro.

Advertisement
Back