Phillip Dorsett

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Anybody think this guy is poised for a huge year? He separates as easily as anyone, and he has good hands. Santana Moss dropped the ball as a sophomore, too.

Dorsett isn't as dynamic as Santana Moss, but he has a similar combination of quickness, route running and long speed.

Advertisement
Dorsett took a massive leap in one year.

With one of the best WR coaches in the country, UTough, and his attitude I don't see why he can't have a huge season.

I'm happy for him. It was good to see him play well down the stretch cause for a while there it looked like those ND drops might have broken him. The last three games give him something positive to build on this offseason.

If we can get Collins or Green then I think so. Either way he is going to have a good year. Our offensive is going to be abusive next year. I don't think he is going to end games with any more catches than he had this year, but he will have more big plays.

Not sure there are enough balls to go around next season for him to have a HUGE season. We have a super-deep WR core.

But I do expect Dorsett to have the best year of them all.

Advertisement
Not sure there are enough balls to go around next season for him to have a HUGE season. We have a super-deep WR core.

But I do expect Dorsett to have the best year of them all.

Good point. Dorsett should shred the middle of the field though if we can get someone to stretch the field, and TEs to clear out the middle.

I dont know where my post went but here it goes again.

Even though he dropped two against ND, he still got open TWICE, against one of the best defenses in the country. I think statistically he can be near Moss next year, though that will be due to our offense being good and the ACC being very bad.

Still though, out of all of our WRs, the guy I think who can be our next true Elite WR is Rashawn scott. He's the closest guy to Hankerson, AJ, Wayne, etc. I think he'll take a HUGE step next year.

Yeah he reminds me of Hank a lot. When Hank was dropping all those passes the silver lining was "well dude is always open". Scott seemed to be turning the corner before **** went down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sure that Scott has the upside of Hank tbh. Scott does not look like a legit #1 WR IMO. hope I'm wrong. only thing this offense is really missing is a legit #1 WR. oh how nice it would be to have Watkins. smfh

D$,

I remember Moss dropping passes his soph year quite well. I would attribute it to a lack of concentration from both guys. The difference between the two is that when catching the ball, Moss had surer hands than Dorsett does now. To that point, you'll see the ball bounce around a bit before Dorsett will actually secure it. I saw less of that with Moss.

Dorsett should spend the summer in front of the machine just catching ball after ball.

As for the ND game, I'd just chalk it up to a bad game. The ND defense, while good, was suspect in the secondary. Those drops were killers that game and changed the complexion of that game dramatically. That can't happen again against any team.

I'm not sure that Scott has the upside of Hank tbh. Scott does not look like a legit #1 WR IMO. hope I'm wrong. only thing this offense is really missing is a legit #1 WR. oh how nice it would be to have Watkins. smfh

Don't be so quick to write him off, Scott was really starting to flash when he got suspended. I think he can take his game to a higher level with another year of development and knowing that there are 3 or 4 other dudes hungry for PT breathing down his back.

Scott is certainly a lot better at this stage than Hank was.

Advertisement
Dorsett will progress, but watch out for Herb Waters to be the next great Canes wr.

Advertisement
Back