Phillip Buchanan’s take

Advertisement
I have zero doubt Manny cares. I don't blame him at all. He's just a dude who was offered a raise and position he wasn't qualified for and took it. I think most people would have done what Manny did in their own respective career pursuits.

This is why I spew all my venom at the administration and the BOT. THEY are the disease here. Manny is just a symptom.
If you care then get the **** out of the way and care from where you can't ***** things up. Watching from home on TV.

The question that I propose is... are we better off rolling the dice on another coaching change, or are we better off sticking it out with Manny for a while.

I know the knee jerk answer here and I get it, but consider them first. Option A to move on will result in a staff overhaul which will result in losing some of the recruits we have committed or are after. We are also just rolling the dice with a coaching change and it offers no guarantee that it will get better, especially knowing how much the school cares (or not) about taking football serious.

Or option B, which is to accept that we are probably someone in the range of 7-10 wins annually with Manny, but utilize his abilities as a program politician and the recruiting staff he has put together. There is also the chance he figures it out on the field, but that is honestly blind hope until I see evidence.

If we were a program that took football more serious then I would be all about moving on. However, I just don't have faith that the school will do their due diligence and/or fork up the cash to hire a coach to take us to the next level.
The success of this program has this fan base impatient. I can see both arguments, but I’m willing to give him the full year before making my judgement. Also, I only have seen maybe 2 teams in all of college football that have played to their expectations. Bama and UGA

Advertisement
You already knew this.... it's beyond obvious just waiting for Debacle to get fired.. unless he brings in a good OC and DC..but he would rather be a bum
He doesn’t get a do over on the OC & DC again. He’s played that card. This is it for better or worse.

Whatever. You keep talking about the disease and mentioning the BOT and Blake but the BOT is futile in that conversation. There are BOT members who are watching now in a different capacity than they did before and it’s not because of this or any message board.
The rumored BOT guy who had the money for Luigi definitely got left with his ****er in his hand.....

Advertisement
Imo, The BOT needs to be reorganized. Like one alum have pointed out, there’s way too many on the BOT as is. Need to have some who focus on academics, some for athletics, some for funding, some for medical, etc.

Its wayyyyy too many chefs in the kitchen, hence we get a convoluted, watered down product, and I’m not just strictly speaking on athletics. Imo, Blake is way, too, comfortable in his position. Across Miami’s athletics, w/ the exception of women’s tennis, it has been an utter failure under his watch. I can’t imagine how much money has been bled by bad hires, buyouts & other domino effects. Yet, he’s allowed to still walk around, head high, like he’s a prince to the university.

That’s weird af, to me. When Lynn Swann, a USC alum, HOFer, and NFL HOFer was their AD & was f’ing up, they didn’t stand for that chit. Yet, this dude Blake who’s an alum of Watchamacallit U is allowed to galavant through The Hecht w/ no recourse despite how incompetent he is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Talent level have nothing to do with preparedness. When you are struggling with App st at home u can kindly can that sorry *** excuse
When you can’t move the LOS vs app state..that’s a talent issue..cfb is a talent acquisition business. Always has been..

Imo, The BOT needs to be reorganized. Like one alum have pointed out, there’s way too many on the BOT as is. Need to have some who focus on academics, some for athletics, some for funding, some for medical, etc.

Its wayyyyy to many chefs in the kitchen, hence we get a convoluted, watered down product, and I’m not just strictly speaking on athletics. Imo, Blake is way too comfortable in his position. Across Miami’s athletics, w/ the exception of women’s tennis, it has been an utter failure under his watch. I can’t imagine how much money has been bled by bad hires, buyouts & other domino effects. Yet, he’s allowed to still walk around, head high, like he’s a prince to the university.

That’s weird af, to me. When Lynn Swann, a USC alum, HOFer, and NFL HOFer was their AD & was f’ing up, they didn’t stand for that chit. Yet, this dude Blake who’s an alum of Watchamacallit U is allow to galavant through The Hecht w/ no recourse despite how incompetent he is.

When you put it that way? ****……

Advertisement
With a better coach in James Franklin, A lesser app state team took a talented pen state to the wire a few years back..my point? 2018 PSU and 2021 Miami, talent wise (based on recruiting sites) are just about the same..when you drop passes, don’t line up on the LOS that negates a score..a team like app state will Have you in a dog fight..so the idea that THIS Iteration of Miami should be able to “out talent” a top g5 program like App state..it’s short sighted. Got to keep recruiting and getting the talent in the building. It’s not there yet. But the talent is good enough to win 10 games with this schedule

You’re not getting rid of the BOT so Blake is the disease potentially within the Jedi reach. And when the BOT authorizes you to purge the Hecht, I expect this to be the last thing you say to him as he’s replaced:

View attachment 154881
Supermarket Killer: Get back! I got a bomb here! I'll blow this whole place up!
- Lieutenant Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shophere.”

He should have gone to Temple and learned how to be a HC for 3-4 years.

Look, the history of Miami is that a successful coach will leave for the NFL so if Miami had hit a homerun, then the job would be open again before the end of the decade. Hypothetically if Cristobal had been hired and won a championship, some NFL team would have offered him 10+ million. If Diaz had established a track record of success at Temple, then he could have been on the short list the next time the Miami HC job opened up. As the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
Manny would have gone to Temple and would have never been a HC again. You guys acting like he would have been successful at freaking Temple.

Advertisement
Back