Phillip Buchanan’s take

MiamiChris

Freshman
This is his take on the Canes situation, unless he’s talking about another team 🤣🤣🤣
E4E24808-6302-41BC-8A44-C2999C759CE1.jpeg

Advertisement
This is far from the only tweet PB's sent out....he's going off on the entire program on twitter. It's good to see people with a platform echoing the same thoughts many of us have had for quite some time. Embarrass and call them out....and hope someone in that building still cares enough to do something about it.

Advertisement
This is far from the only tweet PB's sent out....he's going off on the entire program on twitter. It's good to see people with a platform echoing the same thoughts many of us have had for quite some time. Embarrass and call them out....and hope someone in that building still cares enough to do something about it.
What may be weird is that I think Manny cares. I really think he does.

He’s just not good enough to get the results needed nor does he have the support needed from the school to make it happen but if he was good enough, that’s half the battle. He’s just not. I appreciate he cares & his vision. He’s just not able to bring it home.

He’s just not good enough to get the results needed nor does he have the support needed from the school to make it happen but if he was good enough, that’s half the battle. He’s just not. I appreciate he cares & his vision. He’s just not able to bring it home.

I have zero doubt Manny cares. I don't blame him at all. He's just a dude who was offered a raise and position he wasn't qualified for and took it. I think most people would have done what Manny did in their own respective career pursuits.

This is why I spew all my venom at the administration and the BOT. THEY are the disease here. Manny is just a symptom.

This.
Manny cares. I believe it, too.
I would doubt ANYONE in this world would bomb out on their dream job on purpose.
Its just that Manny doesn't have it.... should have let him cut his teeth at a G5 school first and learn that way. He just doesn't know how to do it and/or just can't apply it to translate into wins and positive momentum going forward within the program.
Except in the off-season.

Whatever happens for the rest of the season, this criticism of Mannys coaching (poor preparation, no adjustments, sloppy play) will be hard to escape. Especially now that the same criticism is coming from the alums that set the standard.

Honestly, I wonder what of Ed Reed thinks of the preparation and play?

From what I'm seeing on Twitter, I think the criticism is FINALLY starting to get just as loud in the direction of Blake James and the administration as it is on Manny. Manny is just a name, if Blake is left to choose the successor "Manny" will have a new name with the same results.

We need a competent administration first and foremost. You fix the AD problem BEFORE you fix the HC problem otherwise we're going to end up right back in the same situation in 2-3 years.

Advertisement

He should have gone to Temple and learned how to be a HC for 3-4 years.

Look, the history of Miami is that a successful coach will leave for the NFL so if Miami had hit a homerun, then the job would be open again before the end of the decade. Hypothetically if Cristobal had been hired and won a championship, some NFL team would have offered him 10+ million. If Diaz had established a track record of success at Temple, then he could have been on the short list the next time the Miami HC job opened up. As the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."

Last edited:
I have zero doubt Manny cares. I don't blame him at all. He's just a dude who was offered a raise and position he wasn't qualified for and took it. I think most people would have done what Manny did in their own respective career pursuits.

This is why I spew all my venom at the administration and the BOT. THEY are the disease here. Manny is just a symptom.
You’re not getting rid of the BOT so Blake is the disease potentially within the Jedi reach. And when the BOT authorizes you to purge the Hecht, I expect this to be the last thing you say to him as he’s replaced:

66C5E3BB-AF09-49FA-B04B-9BB3DB2CF284.gif

You’re not getting rid of the BOT so Blake is the disease potentially within the Jedi reach. And when the BOT authorizes you to purge the Hecht, I expect this to be the last thing you say to him as he’s replaced:

View attachment 154881
No **** we're not getting rid of the BOT. Like I've said MANY times on these boards...that's not the hope or the realistic path for us.

We need to hope one of those few guys on the BOT who actually cares spearheads the hiring of a competent AD and then gets the **** out of his way. Period. That is ALL any of us should be following and rooting for at this point with regards to this program.

Whatever happens for the rest of the season, this criticism of Mannys coaching (poor preparation, no adjustments, sloppy play) will be hard to escape. Especially now that the same criticism is coming from the alums that set the standard.

Honestly Ed can only do so much. We all know Ed isn’t around the program all the time, frankly probably not 50% of the time. He was hired to be a spokesperson for the football team and the admin allowed him to still be with his family away from the program.

Ed can only coach and motivate the kids and provide suggestions to the staff. Doesn’t mean either will take the advice.

Advertisement

This.

Yeah you would think the former players like this would have a much easier in with the program these days to voice these concerns with Ed Reed being in the position hes in...

No **** we're not getting rid of the BOT. Like I've said MANY times on these boards...that's not the hope or the realistic path for us.

We need to hope one of those few guys on the BOT who actually cares spearheads the hiring of a competent AD and then gets the **** out of his way. Period. That is ALL any of us should be following and rooting for at this point with regards to this program.
Whatever. You keep talking about the disease and mentioning the BOT and Blake but the BOT is futile in that conversation. There are BOT members who are watching now in a different capacity than they did before and it’s not because of this or any message board.

Advertisement
Phillip Buchanon always talking truth. I don't care what none of the blind defenders tell me. I was pretty high on this team and gave Diaz the benefit of the doubt with staff changes. But at the end of the day it starts and end with the coach making millions. And i feel like he is Randy Shannon 2.0. Clueless. How can i say we are improving when i see the same problems from year 1 to year 3?

it echoes what @Cribby wrote... people in this program, bot members and former players, are tired of what they are seeing

which is the best thing that could happen to us, honestly

Whatever. You keep talking about the disease and mentioning the BOT and Blake but the BOT is futile on that conversation. There are BOT members who are watching now in a different capacity than they did before and it’s not because of this or any message board.

Whatever. Without one of those few BOT members who care actually ACTING, we won't get that AD and it will mean we're going to be sitting around here b1tching about this program miring in mediocrity for the foreseeable future. That's all that matters with regards to UM football right now. If we beat M State tomorrow the majority of the slurping a$$ kissing morons on this site will act like everything is ok because they can't see 5 feet in front of their own face.

I've said it a million times on this board already. Those BOT members might not read this board, but they most definitely do not like getting called out in public. More than one UM person I know was really ruffled by the fact we included Strawley's name in the last banner that was flown.

I think it's weird that so many think his coaching and team leading is a finished product. It's super early in year three. Running a big time college program requires a lot of different skills. Recruiting, marketing, dealing with alumni, dealing with students, x's and o's on the field, player development, player discipline, etc times 1,000.

Why not just take a deep breath and see where things are at the end of the year, or at the end of next year?

Advertisement
Back