Phillip Buchanan’s take

I don't disagree with you, but is the school going to do that? I honestly don't think they will. I don't think they will can Manny this year unless it's a 5 win season and even then, who are they hiring that will make a difference at $4 mil a year?
They were in talks with Alonzo Highsmith, we should have done that. Manny would have been under proper scrutiny. They gave Diaz all kinda power, he is still had. Its time they revisit the plan, whether Alonzo or another and make football people do the football and separate it from the other AD duties.

Advertisement
I have zero doubt Manny cares. I don't blame him at all. He's just a dude who was offered a raise and position he wasn't qualified for and took it. I think most people would have done what Manny did in their own respective career pursuits.

This is why I spew all my venom at the administration and the BOT. THEY are the disease here. Manny is just a symptom.

This x1000

Manny does care. He's just not equipped for the task at hand. I think he wasted 1-2 years with a staff that had no business coaching at the P5 level. I feel he underestimated the value of quality assts.

He IS also learning on the job, and situations like this usually don't produce good results. He does address issues honestly, as we can see with 'off-season manny' but I don't think he ever took a critical look at his own coaching decisions.

An actual interview process would of revealed some of his weakness, compared to coaches who have actually lead a program before.

They were in talks with Alonzo Highsmith, we should have done that. Manny would have been under proper scrutiny. They gave Diaz all kinda power, he is still had. Its time they revisit the plan, whether Alonzo or another and make football people do the football and separate it from the other AD duties.
Yea, I think it is clear that CFB has grown to the level that it needs its own director instead of a general AD. There is so much involved with it now and the money is enormous. I think its crazy that the school can't see how much money can be brought in through football if we were a perennial Top 5 or even Top 10 team annually. Sure there would be an initial investment, but it would pay in the long run.

wonder if he would agree to doing the role he previously wanted if blake and manny get canned

Advertisement
wonder if he would agree to doing the role he previously wanted if blake and manny get canned
I don't think James has to go if he relinquish football decisions to football people. I dont care how much panties he needs to buy for the swim team. He can continue doing that. Waste James..

Advertisement
Of course Manny cares. He's shown he works it as much as he possibly can. He's just not "that guy". He does have some elements of greatness, which is why people feel guilty and are willing to give him some slack. But he falls far of greatness short despite trying his hardest.

Buchanan is right. We're a poorly coached team. The players are trying, but they don't know how to execute. And now they're starting to choke because they're anxious. That's a vicious cycle that's very hard to break without a complete leadership overhaul.

If u subscribe to the idea that u can perform magic tricks to turn from being a horribly coach team to a good one then yeah u can do that. I have no seen a single point of improvement from year 1 to year 3. With all the SRs on the team now, and considering we lose them next year, why should we expect it to be better? The operation stinks.
100% agree, we look the same each week, unprepared , sloppy, lacking discipline physically weak, dropped passes,missed tackles
has not changed in 3 years BLAKE must GO as as well

Advertisement
If the unforseen happens and Manny is fired. Who on this staff could possibly take over?? NOBODY

To me it means that sh*t is a hot mess internally and word is getting around the block from either players or internal stake holders.
You already knew this.... it's beyond obvious just waiting for Debacle to get fired.. unless he brings in a good OC and DC..but he would rather be a bum

Advertisement
The question that I propose is... are we better off rolling the dice on another coaching change, or are we better off sticking it out with Manny for a while.

I know the knee jerk answer here and I get it, but consider them first. Option A to move on will result in a staff overhaul which will result in losing some of the recruits we have committed or are after. We are also just rolling the dice with a coaching change and it offers no guarantee that it will get better, especially knowing how much the school cares (or not) about taking football serious.

Or option B, which is to accept that we are probably someone in the range of 7-10 wins annually with Manny, but utilize his abilities as a program politician and the recruiting staff he has put together. There is also the chance he figures it out on the field, but that is honestly blind hope until I see evidence.

If we were a program that took football more serious then I would be all about moving on. However, I just don't have faith that the school will do their due diligence and/or fork up the cash to hire a coach to take us to the next level.
start by firing both CMD and James, both are in over their heads. maybe see if A.Highsmith would be interested in FootballCzar/AD.... hire an assistant AD to handle a lot of details. revamp BOT as we'll as they have been consistent in their failures as well.....recruits 4-5* star differences makers are not coming to a program that is consistently 4-2 in ACC Coastal and lose bowl games.... let CMD run for Mayor of Hialeah ......

If the unforseen happens and Manny is fired. Who on this staff could possibly take over?? NOBODY
The equipment manager has been here for some time and the players really like him. I’m sure he picked up a few things cleaning uniforms.

they wont can him in-season. i dont think thats gonna happen.

if that happens, i think simpson based on the title he has or lashlee will enter that role and finish the season

Advertisement
Back