Phillip Buchanan’s take

Whatever. Without one of those few BOT members who care actually ACTING, we won't get that AD and it will mean we're going to be sitting around here b1tching about this program miring in mediocrity for the foreseeable future. That's all that matters with regards to UM football right now. If we beat M State tomorrow the majority of the slurping a$$ kissing morons on this site will act like everything is ok because they can't see 5 feet in front of their own face.

I've said it a million times on this board already. Those BOT members might not read this board, but they most definitely do not like getting called out in public. More than one UM person I know was really ruffled by the fact we included Strawley's name in the last banner that was flown.
Yeah, that’s shocking that they didn’t like Strawley getting dragged into it. She got more support after that. People felt badly for her.

Advertisement
I think it's weird that so many think his coaching and team leading is a finished product. It's super early in year three. Running a big time college program requires a lot of different skills. Recruiting, marketing, dealing with alumni, dealing with students, x's and o's on the field, player development, player discipline, etc times 1,000.

Why not just take a deep breath and see where things are at the end of the year, or at the end of next year?
the most important part of coaching, the actual on field coaching, has shown no signs of improvement or adjustment whatsoever.

the elite coaches change and adjust every season, manny hasnt done it once.

Advertisement
the most important part of coaching, the actual on field coaching, has shown no signs of improvement or adjustment whatsoever.

the elite coaches change and adjust every season, manny hasnt done it once.
By far the most important part of running a college football program is recruiting. Accumulating talent. X's and o's is mostly on the staff that you put together.

By far the most important part of running a college football program is recruiting. Accumulating talent. X's and o's is mostly on the staff that you put together.
most important part of being a head coach is coaching. if you dont get the wins and the results and the development of your players for the next level done, you are out within a few years.

you can be a great recruiter, if you keep losing players and dont develop the ones you recruited, you are out anyway. programs only care about Ws, because thats where the money lies.

From what I'm seeing on Twitter, I think the criticism is FINALLY starting to get just as loud in the direction of Blake James and the administration as it is on Manny. Manny is just a name, if Blake is left to choose the successor "Manny" will have a new name with the same results.

We need a competent administration first and foremost. You fix the AD problem BEFORE you fix the HC problem otherwise we're going to end up right back in the same situation in 2-3 years.
AMEN, 1000 times AMEN..... Blake has no business making another decision on any HC at Miami
lazy, lazy hire by Blake with Diaz and a tired out M.Richt was just as bad

Advertisement
Honestly Ed can only do so much. We all know Ed isn’t around the program all the time, frankly probably not 50% of the time. He was hired to be a spokesperson for the football team and the admin allowed him to still be with his family away from the program.

Ed can only coach and motivate the kids and provide suggestions to the staff. Doesn’t mean either will take the advice.
That's part of the problem. Miami doesn't need a spokesperson or celebrity prop, or gold chains and rings. Build a program that fans can be proud of, with solid schemes, players playing hard and together, and accountability.

That's part of the problem. Miami doesn't need a spokesperson or celebrity prop, or gold chains and rings. Build a program that fans can be proud of, with solid schemes, players playing hard and together, and accountability.
yes, we look physically weak, unprepared each week. player development is awful as well. if we would have come out and competed with Bama.... ok but i was there and it was embarrassing how bad we looked.....

Advertisement
I think it's weird that so many think his coaching and team leading is a finished product. It's super early in year three. Running a big time college program requires a lot of different skills. Recruiting, marketing, dealing with alumni, dealing with students, x's and o's on the field, player development, player discipline, etc times 1,000.

Why not just take a deep breath and see where things are at the end of the year, or at the end of next year?
If u subscribe to the idea that u can perform magic tricks to turn from being a horribly coach team to a good one then yeah u can do that. I have no seen a single point of improvement from year 1 to year 3. With all the SRs on the team now, and considering we lose them next year, why should we expect it to be better? The operation stinks.

The question that I propose is... are we better off rolling the dice on another coaching change, or are we better off sticking it out with Manny for a while.

I know the knee jerk answer here and I get it, but consider them first. Option A to move on will result in a staff overhaul which will result in losing some of the recruits we have committed or are after. We are also just rolling the dice with a coaching change and it offers no guarantee that it will get better, especially knowing how much the school cares (or not) about taking football serious.

Or option B, which is to accept that we are probably someone in the range of 7-10 wins annually with Manny, but utilize his abilities as a program politician and the recruiting staff he has put together. There is also the chance he figures it out on the field, but that is honestly blind hope until I see evidence.

If we were a program that took football more serious then I would be all about moving on. However, I just don't have faith that the school will do their due diligence and/or fork up the cash to hire a coach to take us to the next level.

Advertisement
Manny cares. I believe it, too. I would doubt ANYONE in this world would bomb out on their dream job on purpose. Its just that Manny doesn't have it.... should have let him cut his teeth at a G5 school first and learn that way. He just doesn't know how to do it and/or just can't apply it to translate into wins and positive momentum going forward within the program. Except in the off-season.
159431512294525602-2.jpg

The question that I propose is... are we better off rolling the dice on another coaching change, or are we better off sticking it out with Manny for a while.

I know the knee jerk answer here and I get it, but consider them first. Option A to move on will result in a staff overhaul which will result in losing some of the recruits we have committed or are after. We are also just rolling the dice with a coaching change and it offers no guarantee that it will get better, especially knowing how much the school cares (or not) about taking football serious.

Or option B, which is to accept that we are probably someone in the range of 7-10 wins annually with Manny, but utilize his abilities as a program politician and the recruiting staff he has put together. There is also the chance he figures it out on the field, but that is honestly blind hope until I see evidence.

If we were a program that took football more serious then I would be all about moving on. However, I just don't have faith that the school will do their due diligence and/or fork up the cash to hire a coach to take us to the next level.
No we are better off getting rid of Diaz and hire a football person to hire the coach instead of Waste James so he can go sell tickets. Continuing with Diaz is not rolling the dice, its rolling your program off a cliff as it will get mpre toxic weekly. USC gave Helton 7 years. When u are bad, you are bad.

No we are better off getting rid of Diaz and hire a football person to hire the coach instead of Waste James so he can go sell tickets. Continuing with Diaz is not rolling the dice, its rolling your program off a cliff as it will get mpre toxic weekly. USC gave Helton 7 years. When u are bad, you are bad.
I don't disagree with you, but is the school going to do that? I honestly don't think they will. I don't think they will can Manny this year unless it's a 5 win season and even then, who are they hiring that will make a difference at $4 mil a year?

Advertisement
Back