Phillip Buchanan’s take

What may be weird is that I think Manny cares. I really think he does.

He’s just not good enough to get the results needed nor does he have the support needed from the school to make it happen but if he was good enough, that’s half the battle. He’s just not. I appreciate he cares & his vision. He’s just not able to bring it home.
Ever heard of experience................can't buy that, you have to earn it......Manny has not, and that is a HUGE difference.

Advertisement
Whatever happens for the rest of the season, this criticism of Mannys coaching (poor preparation, no adjustments, sloppy play) will be hard to escape. Especially now that the same criticism is coming from the alums that set the standard.

Honestly, I wonder what of Ed Reed thinks of the preparation and play?
He ain't Happy....

Advertisement
He ain't Happy....
IMG_20210905_012002.jpg

we will drive this man into depression

What may be weird is that I think Manny cares. I really think he does.

He’s just not good enough to get the results needed nor does he have the support needed from the school to make it happen but if he was good enough, that’s half the battle. He’s just not. I appreciate he cares & his vision. He’s just not able to bring it home.

He should have gone to Temple and kept developing. Take your lumps where no one cares. Learn from your mistakes, keep growing and elevate your team.

He wasn’t ready and this fan base is the complete opposite of patient and understanding. It sucks because if he grew in knowledge and confidence, I think he could have been a strong candidate down the road.

He ain’t dead yet so if he wants to keep his dream job, he has to let his nuts hang and put it all on the line. He is in a tough position and it will take divine intervention to get him to the next level. There are answers that will help him get over the hump short term and set him up to succeed. His destiny is in his hands. We are about to see what he is made of.

Last chance.

most important part of being a head coach is coaching. if you dont get the wins and the results and the development of your players for the next level done, you are out within a few years.

you can be a great recruiter, if you keep losing players and dont develop the ones you recruited, you are out anyway. programs only care about Ws, because thats where the money lies.

Most important part of being a head coach is hiring great assistants

Advertisement
After traveling to Atlanta to witness that dumpster fire of a performance i have no interest in the in going to another game as long as Lispy Diaz roams the sidelines. His defense gets exposed repeatedly and frankly he's an embarrassment.
He'll be fired soon enough.. a loss tomorrow moves him closer to the inevitable. He doesn't belong here and is in over his head.

Last edited:
start by firing both CMD and James, both are in over their heads. maybe see if A.Highsmith would be interested in FootballCzar/AD.... hire an assistant AD to handle a lot of details. revamp BOT as we'll as they have been consistent in their failures as well.....recruits 4-5* star differences makers are not coming to a program that is consistently 4-2 in ACC Coastal and lose bowl games.... let CMD run for Mayor of Hialeah ......
Or bring in a real AD and have Alonzo be the chief of staff, make that position a position that actually has some power

In my opinion, the only chance Manny has is to reach out to other successful coaches and take some tough criticism. He just isn't experienced enough to be a high level, or any level P5 coach at this point. Good guy, really cares about the program, just doesn't have the ability. At least not right now, and by the time he gets it, if he gets it, it will likely be too late for him here.

But again, we go back to the fact that none of it matters unless the admin and BOT can pull their heads out of their rears and take this program seriously. The publicity of a top tier program in terms of applications, and money from Bowls and possibly new TV deals down the road can be substantial.

If you “care” you change things. This not good enough stuff is bull****. I know high school coaches that would have had a better gameplan for Alabama. We were running the ball on 3rd & 6 right at their linebackers. You don’t need to be Vince Lombardi to know that won’t work. On defense we were saying “Hey guys, we’re blitzing here” Than actually doing it. It’s pure stupidity. He should have been **** canned after the game.

Advertisement
Whatever happens for the rest of the season, this criticism of Mannys coaching (poor preparation, no adjustments, sloppy play) will be hard to escape. Especially now that the same criticism is coming from the alums that set the standard.

Honestly, I wonder what of Ed Reed thinks of the preparation and play?
Just imagine whatever you think @SWFLHurricane has to say about Miami right now. I’m being serious it’s pretty close to what Ed thinks lol

Advertisement
Keeping Manny is def a bigger risk than hiring a high quality proven HC. Manny is literally learning on the job.

Advertisement
Back