Phillip Buchanan’s take

Manny would have gone to Temple and would have never been a HC again. You guys acting like he would have been successful at freaking Temple.
Can we bump the threads that said manny would be a good HC..after a job like Temple etc..

Advertisement
Manny would have gone to Temple and would have never been a HC again. You guys acting like he would have been successful at freaking Temple.

Maybe. Cristobal flopped at FIU and look where he is now. Diaz could have gone to Saban analyst rehab after Temple and come out understanding how to run a program. Cristobal went from FIU flop to Miami TE coach for a couple weeks, to OL coach for Saban for a couple years, to head coach at Oregon. Kiffin, Sarkisian, Cristobal, legit P5 programs will take a chance at a failed HC if he's gone through Saban rehab.

Supermarket Killer: Get back! I got a bomb here! I'll blow this whole place up!
- Lieutenant Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shophere.”
5C73BCE3-6842-4CC0-96C9-AF56C21E3548.gif

When you can’t move the LOS vs app state..that’s a talent issue..cfb is a talent acquisition business. Always has been..
is Justice just to soft of a coach? There is no reason we should be getting pushed around on the line against App St... Tough game sure, but it seemed like we got bullied

What may be weird is that I think Manny cares. I really think he does.

He’s just not good enough to get the results needed nor does he have the support needed from the school to make it happen but if he was good enough, that’s half the battle. He’s just not. I appreciate he cares & his vision. He’s just not able to bring it home.
Care's got nothin to do with it.

Fans care. Few can coach. Care is an emotion.

Advertisement
Maybe. Cristobal flopped at FIU and look where he is now. Diaz could have gone to Saban analyst rehab after Temple and come out understanding how to run a program. Cristobal went from FIU flop to Miami TE coach for a couple weeks, to OL coach for Saban for a couple years, to head coach at Oregon. Kiffin, Sarkisian, Cristobal, legit P5 programs will take a chance at a failed HC if he's gone through Saban rehab.
Flopped at FIU, huh? FIU hasn’t seen that kind of success in its short history but he flopped..

Can we bump the threads that said manny would be a good HC..after a job like Temple etc..
Not the the first time I see that silly argument. By implying he should have gone to Temple means he needed more experience to be successful here which odds are had he gone to Temple, Miami wouldn’t even think of touching him after a couple of years.

Advertisement
Not the the first time I see that silly argument. By implying he should have gone to Temple means he needed more experience to be successful here which odds are had he gone to Temple, Miami wouldn’t even think of touching him after a couple of years.
If only Kirby Freeman would have gone to junior college before coming to UM, he would have been an amazing QB for UM!

They were in talks with Alonzo Highsmith, we should have done that. Manny would have been under proper scrutiny. They gave Diaz all kinda power, he is still had. Its time they revisit the plan, whether Alonzo or another and make football people do the football and separate it from the other AD duties.

Alonzo would still take the job, if offered...

Advertisement
I like Mario...he's better than Diaz...and he'd assemble a quality staff. His recruiting (especially in South Fl) would be A+

Mario is not a great game manager, per say, but I'll say this -- his teams play hard and tough, they are physical

Because he coaches that way. This is where having a guy that actually played the game at a high level makes a positive difference

Let say it all together --- the way you practice, is the way you play. Intensity and being physical isn't something you can just turn on like a light switch.

We need a leader and disciplinarian, that isn't necessarily about being liked. We dont need a 'Nanny'

Advertisement
I like Mario...he's better than Diaz...and he'd assemble a quality staff. His recruiting (especially in South Fl) would be A+
Vilma posted on IG 2 years ago he was building something special at Oregon. Not sure if that happens but he’s heading in that direction. But the CIS slurps are going to argue he was a failure at FIU. It’s **** like that makes me feel we deserve the Blake’s and Manny’s of the world.

is Justice just to soft of a coach? There is no reason we should be getting pushed around on the line against App St... Tough game sure, but it seemed like we got bullied
We didn’t get bullied..we struggled with some of their stunts and quickness..especially on the right side..I don’t think Justice toughness has anything to do with that..that’s on the players playing

Flopped at FIU, huh? FIU hasn’t seen that kind of success in its short history but he flopped..

2007FIU1–111–67th
2008FIU5–73–4T–5th
2009FIU3–93–56th
2010FIU7–66–2T–1stW Little Caesars Pizza
2011FIU8–55–34thL Beef 'O' Brady's
2012FIU3–92–6T–8th
FIU:27–4720–26

His career at FIU ended in failure. He had a two year span where he went 15-11, then went back to 6 games under .500 and got canned.

"FIU Athletic Director Pete Garcia explained his reasoning for firing Cristobal as "He's done a very good job for this program, but we’ve gone backwards over the last year and a half. Over the last 22 games, we've gone 8-14."

His career at FIU ended rather poorly and his only job offer after FIU was TE coach for UM. If Cristobal was still considered a good head coach after FIU, then why didn't some other G5 try to hire him as HC? His stock was way down after 2012, don't quite understand why that fact bothers you so much.

There is no need to be Captain Save-A-Ho, you seem think think that accurately discussing the trajectory of Cristobal's career is some kind of endorsement for Diaz. It's not. I'm now a fan of Cristobal as I think he's a different coach after learning from Saban.

Advertisement
Back