Per Jon Richt no QB in 2019, potentially 2 in 2020 or Grad Transfer

Wrong. We have 3 QB's on the roster who are either True or RS Frosh. There is zero reason to waste a scholarship on a QB this year unless it's on a kid who has a legitimate chance at winning the job in the next two seasons. Short of kidnapping MJJ, the staff did everything humanly possible in that recruitment and lost. Simple as that. This is an extremely weak class at the position and we have to keep the depth chart attractive to blue chip signal callers. How did taking guys like Preston Dewey and Gray Crow work out for Al Golden?

If those 3 stay. Big risk with 3 QBs the same class (assuming Jarren doesn’t shirt but 3 QBs within 1 class point still stands) expecting all 3 to stay.

It’ll be real difficult to get all 3 backups ample playing time in blow outs. Someone is going to realize they are #4 and consider a transfer.

Advertisement
Kobe said, you must always be Closing, so we need a QB Recruit almost every year, Bama 5🌟 and 4🌟transfer every year and they always bring in a 3🌟lately Florida guy's who's happy for the offer and will wait for his shot, we need to do the same, if not here Georgia produces well coached QB's, go get a better Evan Shirreffs

Ooooooor, Lil Richt f’d his eval like he did w Pikowski. We got fortunate w J Will last cycle. He should’ve been on Tai or Spencer or Gunner or Halinski or Mertz or ****, even Gunnell. It is beyond stupid to focus on one QB, especially one who plays **** poor competition. QB is the single most important position in football, period.

You act like you know what these coaches are doing and who they are targeting when you really don't know anything.

You also assume that it's as simple as just going after someone and they'll magically fall in out lap. Some of those recruits are offered, at least that's what they've said. Beyond that, we may have been told to go kick rocks by them after multiple failed attempts at getting them to a camp of ours or to seriously consider us.

Then there is the logjam of young players at the position. That is our biggest negative. None of them have established themselves, but by the time said recruit would arrive, they would be looking at a long time to play as the current players have experience in our system.

I meant to add, I have no idea what our system is. I haven't been pleased with our offense in a very long time and that's probably a factor as well. A positive though is that we're bringing in more talent each year, so the lack of explosive firepower is gone. Now I hope we can find a way to use it.

I don’t usually ***** about the staff but that’s bull**** .. especially with the bust rate of qbs I

Advertisement
A lot of people have said it’s weak, it’s no where near depth of last years class or the previous years before that. You got a few solid options but that’s it. Spencer’s rattler is by far the best qb and he’s going to Oklahoma . 2019’s QB recruiting class is short on stars, but has good players.

I’m not as concerned about the talent being brought in at the position but the depth should someone transfer would obviously complicate things.i agree in the sense that he should not have put all of his eggs one basket of course not but I’m not going to sit here and act like he didn’t help bring in 3 talented qbs in the 2017 and 2018 class either who all are progressing very well based on the latest reports.

How I see things playing out is that richt isn’t going to announce a starter in the spring and will stretch the battle all the way into fall camp in the 2019 season to try and prevent Weldon/Perry from bolting prematurely.

B; take off ur Canes shades for a minute...who were the 3 talented QBs?

-Perry has struggled, even rumored to not take the play book seriously.

-Weldon was this close to being dismissed and has not looked good

-J Will fortunately fail to us.

So let’s say next season, J Will (who I personally think is the best out of the bunch) wins out. Does Perry stay? Does Weldon stay?

Let me remind of u our QB room since the beginning of this decade, ONLY-Our depth chart for the last 7 years have been:

2010: Harris, Morris, AJ Highsmith, Gustav Carson, Spencer Whipple

2011: Harris, Morris, Ryan Williams

2012: Morris, Williams, Crow, Dewey

2013: Morris, Olsen, Williams, Crow, Dewey, Issac Hoza, Garrison Lassiter,

2014: Kaaya, Heaps, Olsen, Williams, Crow, Rosier, Michael Welch

2015: Kaaya, Crow, Hoza, Rosier, Sherieffs, Testaverde, Welch

2016: Kaaya, Allison, Rosier, Tucker Bierne,
Rosier

2017: Rosier, DeBiase, Perry, Weldon, Sherieffs, Testaverde

2018: Rosier, Williams, Perry, Weldon, DeBiase

Since 2010, our QB room has been **** poor. No competition. Finally we have some competition, and it’s forcing Rosier to stop taking the “aww shucks” approach. Our starting QBs for 13 yrs have had the “aww shucks” approach b/c who were they threatened by??

Competition breeds greatness. The 2018 QB have really good QBs, FOR NOW. If Williams wins the job next season, no way I can see Weldon or Perry staying. Allison was transfer bait, Olsen was transfer bait. You can’t strike out on the QB position, especially w the depth we have, currently.

I hated to go down nightmare lane, but imma need everyone to see what happens when u don’t recruit the QB position properly, and the room it left w. U’ll Have a room full of clip board guys; and now that we only have 4 starting caliber QBs on the roster at the moment,we’ll only be left w 3 next season!! W/ the potential of one if not two of the three transferring, WE ABSOLUTELY MUST TAKE A QB THIS CYCLE.

Wrong. We have 3 QB's on the roster who are either True or RS Frosh. There is zero reason to waste a scholarship on a QB this year unless it's on a kid who has a legitimate chance at winning the job in the next two seasons. Short of kidnapping MJJ, the staff did everything humanly possible in that recruitment and lost. Simple as that. This is an extremely weak class at the position and we have to keep the depth chart attractive to blue chip signal callers. How did taking guys like Preston Dewey and Gray Crow work out for Al Golden?

So instead we sit and pray that 2 of 3 are cool with a backup role?? QBs transfer all the time. You cant stop it. That doesn't mean to take anyone. It means you identify who is worthy of a scholarship and recruit them. Last year, both teams in the NC had young QBs. Did that stop them from recruiting their eventual replacements. NO! Georgia went out and got the #1 QB and their freshman QB held his own against some tough competition.

If the message is 'MJJ is the only QB worth recruiting this year' then fine. I disagree but whatever. But they if dont want to scare away any of the QBs currently on the roster with a FRESHMAN QB.... that's not Miami!

If we are lucky, one of our current guys will win the competition next year and separate themselves from the rest. And that persons backup will probably transfer (as is the case at most colleges). Id rather have a QB thats come in that we've scouted and worked with then another colleges reject.

Again, if MJJ is the only high senior QB in America that was worthy of a scholarship then fine. But that seems like a lazy statement to make.

You act like you know what these coaches are doing and who they are targeting when you really don't know anything.

You also assume that it's as simple as just going after someone and they'll magically fall in out lap. Some of those recruits are offered, at least that's what they've said. Beyond that, we may have been told to go kick rocks by them after multiple failed attempts at getting them to a camp of ours or to seriously consider us.

Then there is the logjam of young players at the position. That is our biggest negative. None of them have established themselves, but by the time said recruit would arrive, they would be looking at a long time to play as the current players have experience in our system.

I meant to add, I have no idea what our system is. I haven't been pleased with our offense in a very long time and that's probably a factor as well. A positive though is that we're bringing in more talent each year, so the lack of explosive firepower is gone. Now I hope we can find a way to use it.

So let me get this straight; it’s cool for OSU to have a log jam. It’s cool for Clemson to have a log jam. It’s cool for Bama to have a log jam. It’s cool for the 1982 Canes to have a log jam....but it’s not cool for the 2019 Canes to have a log jam??? Yeah, OK.

You act like this staff haven’t shown a propensity to ***** up evals, either. Get a clue: THE SAME CHIT HAPPENED LAST YEAR! Just b/c we got Jarren, don’t mean we didn’t do the same thing last year, laser focused on Artty P. Just thank God it wasn’t too late. If Kentucky was OSU or USC, we don’t flip Williams, and that’s real.

All I’m saying is u don’t put all ur eggs in one basket for any position. That’s how u lose a Asante Samuel Jr. Thats how u lose a Dalvin Cook. That’s how u lose a Tai P. That’s how u lose good players. If u gotta problem w that, then bruh I can’t help u.

So instead we sit and pray that 2 of 3 are cool with a backup role?? QBs transfer all the time. You cant stop it. That doesn't mean to take anyone. It means you identify who is worthy of a scholarship and recruit them. Last year, both teams in the NC had young QBs. Did that stop them from recruiting their eventual replacements. NO! Georgia went out and got the #1 QB and their freshman QB held his own against some tough competition.

If the message is 'MJJ is the only QB worth recruiting this year' then fine. I disagree but whatever. But they if dont want to scare away any of the QBs currently on the roster with a FRESHMAN QB.... that's not Miami!

If we are lucky, one of our current guys will win the competition next year and separate themselves from the rest. And that persons backup will probably transfer (as is the case at most colleges). Id rather have a QB thats come in that we've scouted and worked with then another colleges reject.

Again, if MJJ is the only high senior QB in America that was worthy of a scholarship then fine. But that seems like a lazy statement to make.

THANK U! Like I seriously hate homerish fans.

Advertisement
B; take off ur Canes shades for a minute...who were the 3 talented QBs?

-Perry has struggled, even rumored to not take the play book seriously.

-Weldon was this close to being dismissed and has not looked good

-J Will fortunately fail to us.

So let’s say next season, J Will (who I personally think is the best out of the bunch) wins out. Does Perry stay? Does Weldon stay?

Let me remind of u our QB room since the beginning of this decade, ONLY-Our depth chart for the last 7 years have been:

2010: Harris, Morris, AJ Highsmith, Gustav Carson, Spencer Whipple

2011: Harris, Morris, Ryan Williams

2012: Morris, Williams, Crow, Dewey

2013: Morris, Olsen, Williams, Crow, Dewey, Issac Hoza, Garrison Lassiter,

2014: Kaaya, Heaps, Olsen, Williams, Crow, Rosier, Michael Welch

2015: Kaaya, Crow, Hoza, Rosier, Sherieffs, Testaverde, Welch

2016: Kaaya, Allison, Rosier, Tucker Bierne,
Rosier

2017: Rosier, DeBiase, Perry, Weldon, Sherieffs, Testaverde

2018: Rosier, Williams, Perry, Weldon, DeBiase

Since 2010, our QB room has been **** poor. No competition. Finally we have some competition, and it’s forcing Rosier to stop taking the “aww shucks” approach. Our starting QBs for 13 yrs have had the “aww shucks” approach b/c who were they threatened by??

Competition breeds greatness. The 2018 QB have really good QBs, FOR NOW. If Williams wins the job next season, no way I can see Weldon or Perry staying. Allison was transfer bait, Olsen was transfer bait. You can’t strike out on the QB position, especially w the depth we have, currently.

I hated to go down nightmare lane, but imma need everyone to see what happens when u don’t recruit the QB position properly, and the room it left w. U’ll Have a room full of clip board guys; and now that we only have 4 starting caliber QBs on the roster at the moment,we’ll only be left w 3 next season!! W/ the potential of one if not two of the three transferring, WE ABSOLUTELY MUST TAKE A QB THIS CYCLE.
You apparently have not been paying attention to reports lately. in practice both Perry and Weldon have impressed and richt has spoke highly of them in recent days. Weldon in particular has been really good in most of the practices outside of the scrimmage and Perry supposedly did really well in the scrimmage. All of those guys have improved.
And without a doubt this is the most talented qb room Miami has had in a long time

You apparently have not been paying attention to reports lately. in practice both Perry and Weldon have impressed and richt has spoke highly of them in recent days

And ur missing the point. That should make u even more cautious. If Weldon is impressing, then he’s a prime candidate to transfer next season if he don’t get the job. If Perry is impressing, then he’s a prime candidate if he don’t get the job, and if they are BOTH impressing, and Williams get the job, kiss them both goodbye. Hence, we need a QB this cycle.

And ur missing the point. That should make u even more cautious. If Weldon is impressing, then he’s a prime candidate to transfer next season if he don’t get the job. If Perry is impressing, then he’s a prime candidate if he don’t get the job, and if they are BOTH impressing, and Williams get the job, kiss them both goodbye. Hence, we need a QB this cycle.

Much ado about nothing, stop with paranoia. coach richt knows how to manage a roster, he’s been doing it for **** near 18 years, it’s going to be okay lol. There is always a second recruiting season and I’m sure something will transpire at qb regardless if it’s a flip in 2019 or a grad transfer

Slim chance all three stay after this season. Whoever is the 3rd QB after spring will most likely bolt

Advertisement
I'm trying to figure out why we didn't look at Grad Transfers or Juco guys this year at QB. If Burrow outplays Rosier that is a fail on the QB staff.

So let me get this straight; it’s cool for OSU to have a log jam. It’s cool for Clemson to have a log jam. It’s cool for Bama to have a log jam. It’s cool for the 1982 Canes to have a log jam....but it’s not cool for the 2019 Canes to have a log jam??? Yeah, OK.

You act like this staff haven’t shown a propensity to ***** up evals, either. Get a clue: THE SAME CHIT HAPPENED LAST YEAR! Just b/c we got Jarren, don’t mean we didn’t do the same thing last year, laser focused on Artty P. Just thank God it wasn’t too late. If Kentucky was OSU or USC, we don’t flip Williams, and that’s real.

All I’m saying is u don’t put all ur eggs in one basket for any position. That’s how u lose a Asante Samuel Jr. Thats how u lose a Dalvin Cook. That’s how u lose a Tai P. That’s how u lose good players. If u gotta problem w that, then bruh I can’t help u.

I agree with what you're saying, I'd just add one thing. If we land a quality QB late this cycle, it'll be time to stop calling it a mistake. You may not like the plan, but if we still land a good QB this cycle, then these guys are playing it that way. And it's working.

Maybe 2 things: in what way did we "lose" Dalvin Cook"? My recollection was that he never had much interest in us rather than the other way around. If you're referring to us taking Yearby when the word was that they didn't want to play together, I think we took Yearby because Cook wasn't giving us the time of day. I may be misremembering it.

Last edited:
I agree with what you're saying, I'd just add one thing. If we land a quality QB late this cycle, it'll be time to stop calling it a mistake. You may not like the plan, but if we still land a good QB this cycle, then these guys are playing it that way. And it's working.

Maybe 2 things: in what way did we "lose" Dalvin Cook"? My recollection was that he never had much interest in us rather than the other way around. If you're referring to us taking Yearby when the word was that they didn't want to play together, I think we took Yearby because Cook wasn't giving us the time of day. I may be misremembering it.
Naw we recruited Cook and he was very interested even though he was committed to clemson at the time I believe but when coley flipped yearby (they were close) that hurt our chances with Cook imo

Advertisement
Two positions matter the most at Miami, DT and QB. We will live or die on the results of those. Getting a zero on one is a very bad year. Putting your son in charge of one without any real experience is very risky. Didn’t Williams decommit from someone else late? That is getting lucky. Flying cross country every weekend for a kid and then losing him without a backup plan is failure.
hows that luck? we flipped him well before signing day. You people crack me up. TC chooses UGA on signing day but that's not luck. come on.

We focused on Yearby; we turned up the heat on Cook late, only after Yearby broke his leg. But I agree w u; if we land a good QB this cycle, I wouldn’t call it a mistake. Matter of fact, I would be one of the 1st to apologize; but as of right now, based upon Lil Richt’s words from his own mouth, this is a mistake my g

hows that luck? we flipped him well before signing day. You people crack me up. TC chooses UGA on signing day but that's not luck. come on.

Maaaaaaan, TC chose UGA on his unofficial. Everyone knew that. If I had my hoodie on, I would’ve seen that too, but I let that Miami sunshine hit my face and fell into thinking we were going to get AH4. Never again will I let orange and green fantasy cloud my judgement on orange and green reality

We focused on Yearby; we turned up the heat on Cook late, only after Yearby broke his leg. But I agree w u; if we land a good QB this cycle, I wouldn’t call it a mistake. Matter of fact, I would be one of the 1st to apologize; but as of right now, based upon Lil Richt’s words from his own mouth, this is a mistake my g

As of right now I agree, this is a mistake. We need a good QB this cycle so they should have had a plan B. I'll give them this much: I think they purposely recruited 1 guy feeling like there was no second guy they liked. They were prepared for this outcome and I don't think they're scrambling. They legit don't think we need a guy this year.

Advertisement
Back