Per Jon Richt no QB in 2019, potentially 2 in 2020 or Grad Transfer

Advertisement
only reason this guy is in division 1 football is because of his father

that's it

So let me get this straight; it’s cool for OSU to have a log jam. It’s cool for Clemson to have a log jam. It’s cool for Bama to have a log jam. It’s cool for the 1982 Canes to have a log jam....but it’s not cool for the 2019 Canes to have a log jam??? Yeah, OK.

You act like this staff haven’t shown a propensity to ***** up evals, either. Get a clue: THE SAME CHIT HAPPENED LAST YEAR! Just b/c we got Jarren, don’t mean we didn’t do the same thing last year, laser focused on Artty P. Just thank God it wasn’t too late. If Kentucky was OSU or USC, we don’t flip Williams, and that’s real.

All I’m saying is u don’t put all ur eggs in one basket for any position. That’s how u lose a Asante Samuel Jr. Thats how u lose a Dalvin Cook. That’s how u lose a Tai P. That’s how u lose good players. If u gotta problem w that, then bruh I can’t help u.

Again, how do you know they put all their eggs in one basket? You don't, we had other offers and typically why we don't continue to pursue after said offers, there wasn't mutual interest. After the top target is gone, you go to your second on the list and so forth. Again, we were probably told to kick rocks or guess what, we would be on those targets.

We aren't on the same level as Bama, OSU, or Clemson. 82 doesn't happen often. Bama doesn't have anything but a situation like ours this year and they're bringing in the brother of their next starting QB. A young roster at the position.

Anyhow, if you have to ask what the difference is between those schools and us, I don't know what to tell you. Logjam and the last time we were relevant was when? How many schools are between here and where these targets live?

IF HE DOS'NT LEAVE FOR THE NFL AFTER THIS YEAR LOOK FOR THIS GUY.
So let me get this straight; it’s cool for OSU to have a log jam. It’s cool for Clemson to have a log jam. It’s cool for Bama to have a log jam. It’s cool for the 1982 Canes to have a log jam....but it’s not cool for the 2019 Canes to have a log jam??? Yeah, OK.

You act like this staff haven’t shown a propensity to ***** up evals, either. Get a clue: THE SAME CHIT HAPPENED LAST YEAR! Just b/c we got Jarren, don’t mean we didn’t do the same thing last year, laser focused on Artty P. Just thank God it wasn’t too late. If Kentucky was OSU or USC, we don’t flip Williams, and that’s real.

All I’m saying is u don’t put all ur eggs in one basket for any position. That’s how u lose a Asante Samuel Jr. Thats how u lose a Dalvin Cook. That’s how u lose a Tai P. That’s how u lose good players. If u gotta problem w that, then bruh I can’t help u.

You had me until you said Dalvin Cook. That boy took the ca$h.

Advertisement
You had me until you said Dalvin Cook. That boy took the ca$h.

I mentioned Dalvin Cook b/c we put all our focus and resources in Yearby. We didn't get on to Dalvin until later once Yearby broke his leg.

Advertisement
As of right now I agree, this is a mistake. We need a good QB this cycle so they should have had a plan B. I'll give them this much: I think they purposely recruited 1 guy feeling like there was no second guy they liked. They were prepared for this outcome and I don't think they're scrambling. They legit don't think we need a guy this year.

Imma be real, @kryptonite ; I wasn't even a fan of them putting all their eggs in the Michael Johnson basket. After watching highlights, seeing his stats, and then finding out what comp he played against, it turned me off. Me and @Brooklyndee talked about this off site. But Tai was the guy. Not sure how u diss a kid who has moved up in the rankings, wanted to be here, for a long shot, pipe dream. Bird in the hand.

Just thinking about taking Pickowski, then actually taking him as your lone qb is enough of a reason to question things a little.

They got lucky with Jarren , they came on late and grabbed him or we’d have two years without a Qb.

Weldon’s dad was coached by Richt , and is close with the richts . He also wasn’t a highly rated guy , without an offer from dads alma mater. So that’s not a great recruiting coup.
Kosi was committed to Al and was recommitting if the staff even tried a little.

Let’s be real , Jon is where he’s at because of who his daddy is , his resume is beyond meh.

Qb coach is an important position , especially with the lack of experience on the offensive staff. This is honestly more than recruiting for me , I never thought Jon should’ve been in suck important spot.

Just my opinion, I’m not thrilled by area of recruiting.

I hate Nepotism.

Again, how do you know they put all their eggs in one basket? You don't, we had other offers and typically why we don't continue to pursue after said offers, there wasn't mutual interest. After the top target is gone, you go to your second on the list and so forth. Again, we were probably told to kick rocks or guess what, we would be on those targets.

We aren't on the same level as Bama, OSU, or Clemson. 82 doesn't happen often. Bama doesn't have anything but a situation like ours this year and they're bringing in the brother of their next starting QB. A young roster at the position.

Anyhow, if you have to ask what the difference is between those schools and us, I don't know what to tell you. Logjam and the last time we were relevant was when? How many schools are between here and where these targets live?

BECAUSE THEY SAID IT! TF??!

Advertisement
BECAUSE THEY SAID IT! TF??!

Follow the offers. Those guys are commited elsewhere. They obviously have no interest in us or guess what, they would pursue them. Sometimes you have to read between the lines. If they thought they could get someone who could help the team, they would try.

Think yall are overreacting. We're fine. Yeah we should take 1 per year on average, But its not that big of a deal.

Hopefully we keep under 25 scholarships this class. Closer to 22-23 would be best so we can get as many in 2020 as possible.

Advertisement
Follow the offers. Those guys are commited elsewhere. They obviously have no interest in us or guess what, they would pursue them. Sometimes you have to read between the lines. If they thought they could get someone who could help the team, they would try.

Dude?? FOH. Tai was signed, seal and delivered to us! Come on dude; I’ve seen ur post b4, ur better than this homerism, dog.

Imma be real, @kryptonite ; I wasn't even a fan of them putting all their eggs in the Michael Johnson basket. After watching highlights, seeing his stats, and then finding out what comp he played against, it turned me off. Me and @Brooklyndee talked about this off site. But Tai was the guy. Not sure how u diss a kid who has moved up in the rankings, wanted to be here, for a long shot, pipe dream. Bird in the hand.

I'm no evaluator of QB talent...I know what I see in college games, but everybody's HS film looks the same to me. Mostly I just don't care enough to watch closely. I say that to say that I have no opinion on MJJ being worth it or not, I pretty much just assume that if the staff likes him he's good enough. Same for Tai and all the other guys out there. It does give me pause that you guys didn't think much of him after the mess with Sitkowski last cycle.

My stance is that while the staff is disappointed in the outcome, they're comfortable with the way they've played this. I think only recruiting 1 guy was a mistake, whoever that guy is, and I think not taking the best available QB this cycle is also a mistake. We aren't nearly stocked enough at QB to sit back and wait for next year.

Dude?? FOH. Tai was signed, seal and delivered to us! Come on dude; I’ve seen ur post b4, ur better than this homerism, dog.

Whether that is true or not, the source is full of it at times, that's ancient history.

They wanted MJ. You are free to disagree with who they should've gone after, but they never offered Tai. Clemson came calling and that ship sailed, then MJ cast his verbal PSU's way, and we are out options. If we weren't, they would be on whomever and they offered a few other QB's (basically to see where they stood as is the usual practice), but again not Tai.

These are separate issues. They went all in on one guy as he reciprocated the interest. None of the others offered came to camp or visited. There's no homerism in this, they just didn't get positive feedback from the guys they offered.

I imagine they tried again when MJ said PSU. Then this comes out, it reeks of we've explored our options and it doesn't look good. I gave your reasons we are a tough sell, depth chart, distance to QB recruits, and an offense we all question. I knee QB would be a longshot this year and it seems I was dead on.

Think yall are overreacting. We're fine. Yeah we should take 1 per year on average, But its not that big of a deal.

Hopefully we keep under 25 scholarships this class. Closer to 22-23 would be best so we can get as many in 2020 as possible.

You're right and wrong. It's not the end of the world, but ideally it's not 1 per year on average, it's 1 per year. Best case, we keep them spread out...nothing good comes of having 3 JRs and a FR.

Dude gets mocked a lot, but Cam is right on about QB recruiting. This (The Recruiting Rules: Rule 1 - Get a QB Every Year) spells it out pretty well. Whatever you think of the guy, he's right about this.

Again, not the end of the world, but the goal is IDEAL and as of now we're missing it.

Advertisement
Back