Per Jon Richt no QB in 2019, potentially 2 in 2020 or Grad Transfer

Advertisement
@brock who says it’s weak? That’s been a parroted thought for a while. I’m not buying it. Is it top heavy? Yes; but to say it’s weak is bull chit. We put all our eggs in one basket, and that’s a **** poor decision no matter what position we’re recruiting, but especially QB. Just remember, we were FORTUNATE J Will fell to us. Last year would’ve been the same thing.

A lot of people have said it’s weak, it’s no where near depth of last years class or the previous years before that. You got a few solid options but that’s it. Spencer’s rattler is by far the best qb and he’s going to Oklahoma . 2019’s QB recruiting class is short on stars, but has good players.

I’m not as concerned about the talent being brought in at the position but the depth should someone transfer would obviously complicate things.i agree in the sense that he should not have put all of his eggs one basket of course not but I’m not going to sit here and act like he didn’t help bring in 3 talented qbs in the 2017 and 2018 class either who all are progressing very well based on the latest reports.

How I see things playing out is that richt isn’t going to announce a starter in the spring and will stretch the battle all the way into fall camp in the 2019 season to try and prevent Weldon/Perry from bolting prematurely.

Last edited:
Great news on the DL but totally disagree with no QB. Need one every class

We do considering the turnover rate at that position these days in college football. The staff just needs to let things transpire over the next few months and see how things play out and then pounce on a situation if the opportunity presents itself

Don't like it at all. Throw a flier out there on a local QB with athleticism & upside. Maybe we luck into the next Lamar Jackson. Worst case he plays WR.

Advertisement
I also agree that this is a year where Richt should get a QB who has a good qb name. Looking at the list of best 2019 qbs on 247. Oklahoma crushed it with Spencer Rattler. Badass name. Lance Legendre, Grant Gunnell, Gunner Cruz also good qb names. David Baldwin isn't a great qb name but he is from IMG, looks like he is going to Arizona. I wonder why he wasn't given a look.

Maurice Underwood had a Miami offer, but chose Marshall. Grades I bet.
Justin Fomby from Gwinnett, Georgia isn't committed, he is #29 Dual rank qb. Guessing Richt has the scoop on him and isn't interested.

Looking at the fulltlist of semi-realistic possible steals (might be able to pilfer a QB commit from a non P5 school), I am most intrigued by U Cincinnati commit Cameron Jones. Pro style 6'8", 257 lbs. #29 Pro style qb #12 player in Kentucky. Feed the kid some hamburgers and get him to 270-280. He'd be a juggernaut.

Cameron Jones's Football Recruiting Profile

Super raw, but appears highly athletic. You don't find kids that big and athletic every day. If he doesn't pan out as a QB, put him at TE or make him a Left Tackle. Win win.

Last edited:
I’m sorry, but that’s bull chit.

U went after ONE M’Fin QB who played against weak comp since his No. Cal days and now in Oregon and have been dropping in the rankings, INSTEAD of doing ur due diligence in going after other prospects. Horse Chit move by this staff, period.

Get ur ish together and go after another QB! What if N’Kosi and Weldon decide to leave if Williams is handed the reigns next season? What if Weldon decides to leave if Perry gets the reigns? That QB room should be filled w next man up QBs. We won’t get back to prominence until our QB situation is solid.
Especially considering the fact that an evaluation of any prospect is not incontrovertible. We have no idea if MJ will actually be good. Richt is acting like we went all in on one guy solely because we're certain he's going to be a star. ******* bull****. Even a consensus 5 star recruit isn't guaranteed to be a great player. He's on some thin ******* ice.

how did he luck into williams? they have been here two years and pulled in Perry, Weldon (this was all mark richt) and Williams. you act like we are failing at the position. by all accounts those guys are viewed as good prospects.

Two positions matter the most at Miami, DT and QB. We will live or die on the results of those. Getting a zero on one is a very bad year. Putting your son in charge of one without any real experience is very risky. Didn’t Williams decommit from someone else late? That is getting lucky. Flying cross country every weekend for a kid and then losing him without a backup plan is failure.

Ooooooor, Lil Richt f’d his eval like he did w Pikowski. We got fortunate w J Will last cycle. He should’ve been on Tai or Spencer or Gunner or Halinski or Mertz or ****, even Gunnell. It is beyond stupid to focus on one QB, especially one who plays **** poor competition. QB is the single most important position in football, period.
And this is just one position, imagine the rest. Tell tale sign

Advertisement
Not sure why anyone wants to take a warm body to eat up a needed scholarship.

Bad year for QB.s, take two next year. If one of the three freshman were to leave then it does get sticky.

Many other teams including the two big dogs in SEC only have 2 or 3 on roster.

The younger Richt needs to get out there and do his job.

We need a QB in this cycle and every cycle.

I pretty much know UM recruiting....But these QB recruiting fiascos the last 2yrs (beginning with Sits) has me scratching my head...

Advertisement
All the 4 and 5* WR and TE talent on this team, including a plethora of Savage RBs, with more to come, and you mean to tell me we can't qet a commitment from a Highly regarded 4 or 5* QB??.....Spin it how ya want, but our QB evaluations have been mediocre at best....Me personally, I'd have been all over Taisun Phommachanh...

We can all agree if his dad wasn’t the coach he wouldn’t be on this staff. Not a fan of him at all. We could’ve talked to Dorsey.

Advertisement
I would just find some lower-tier program that's known for producing good QB's, and steal their recruit.

This is about as broad as one can get when talking recruiting but I wouldn't necessarily hate it if I heard that we poached one of the MAC's top QB recruits. That conference has occasionally produced some decent chit at that position over the years.

I pretty much know UM recruiting....But these QB recruiting fiascos the last 2yrs (beginning with Sits) has me scratching my head...

If one of the three leaves, es no bueno. Pero, if Weldon and Perry compete against each other through 2019 fall camp, I think we’ll be okay. If it’s Williams early on, Weldon is for sure gone.

This is hardly a disaster.

The odds of a true freshman beating out Weldon, Perry, or Williams is 0%. One of those 3 will be our QB for the next couple years. They are recruiting the next wave.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back