P.J. Fleck- A Leader of Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cop that shot the young man in the Oakland train station got 2 years for involuntary manslaughter. The you g man was on the floor with his hands behind his back. The cop stood up and shot him in the back. He said that he confised his gun with his taser.
Not one black person on the jury.
He got double time for time already served and the judge overturned the other charge of gun enhancement that would’ve added more jail time. He served 146 days in jail.
We can also look at the guy in nyc that kept saying he couldn’t breath while the cop choked him to death. We could go on and on about cases like this.
We can go all the way back to the case that started the Miami riots back in the early 80’s. Now that was literally getting away with murder.
I know, that's why I said they get more benefit of the doubt. Look at the Walter Scott shooting. That POS is in jail where he belongs. Change doesn't happen overnight.

Advertisement
I understand why you feel the way you do, but please, try to just sit back and watch this one. I'm sure the right thing will get done this time. It's a start.

I am simply removing the burden from the victim to explain their pain. We live in the same country. I am done explaining. There have been dramas on TV since the 60’s explaining the “other America”. They laugh quickly enough at the comedy of our situation, but in the real world claim ignorance. Nah, you watched Sanford & Son, Chapelle Show, Fresh Prince, Heat of the Night . . . ya’ll know, no explanations required. If in doubt, read “The Fire Next Time”.

The cop that shot the young man in the Oakland train station got 2 years for involuntary manslaughter. The you g man was on the floor with his hands behind his back. The cop stood up and shot him in the back. He said that he confised his gun with his taser.
Not one black person on the jury.
He got double time for time already served and the judge overturned the other charge of gun enhancement that would’ve added more jail time. He served 146 days in jail.
We can also look at the guy in nyc that kept saying he couldn’t breath while the cop choked him to death. We could go on and on about cases like this.
We can go all the way back to the case that started the Miami riots back in the early 80’s. Now that was literally getting away with murder.
Do you mind sending me the article for that case?

The claim of ignorance was bull**** from jump. Or did not the photos from slavery, lynchings, civil rights movement, Miami riots, Rodney King video and riots, Tamir Rice, Philando Castille, Amadou Diallo, Sandra Bland not get published?
They've always known. They just don't give a **** since changing anything challenges the hierarchy from which they benefit.

a09dcb6e15dd1a65782b08d15b481f30.gif

Advertisement
If Manny were to crash & burn pj fleck is at the top of my wish list for realistic coaching candidates. Keep in mind I am unaware of flecks current contract or potential buyout within that scenario. I just like his leadership, organizational ability combined with underrated recruiting.

I know kids who went on recruiting visits to bama and said they have segregated parties there wifh the Greeks

That's common knowledge. That's everywhere in the SEC, basically and has been going on for decades. Nothing new here.

1590767217144.png

I first read this in the 10th Grade, and honestly did not get it. Thought it was about share cropping. America we are reaping in fields we did not sow. I think I understand it better now. It’s like prophecy now. This country has NEVER come to grips with its true history so every uprising seems like lightning out of a clear blue sky. But the sky has been cloudy for generations. No one can claim ignorance anymore, America is on notice. The system is broken.

Advertisement
Why didn't Sam Adams and the gang burn up a British ship of the line and instead destroy a companies private property?
Because their target was the object of the taxes. You know of course that at the time, they were fighting against the tea tax. The revenue derived from the tea tax was (partially) funding the occupation of Boston.

While "officially" you may call it private property, the ship and tea was owned by the East India Trading company which operated a monopoly under royal charter from the King. The monopoly included competitive advantages and trading restrictions over colonial American tea importers.

As I said in yesterday’s thread, I live 10-15 mins from the epicenter of all this. This is well beyond Mr. Floyd by now. Makes me sick man. Selfish a**holes who have taken the spotlight away from Mr. Floyd and his family and tarnished peoples opinions of the protests as all they see now is literal anarchy and rioting. Burning down low income developments, burning down and destroying small businesses, destroying BLACK owned businesses that put up “minority owned” signs just to see people ignore it and still destroy it, throwing bricks off an overpass onto a highway at random cars, going from building to building stealing everything (a new TV benefits YOU only)... destroying the very community you live in and already struggle in. They are closing grocery stores across the metro because they are burning them all down. And BTW don’t forget the fact that they are taking away hundreds of low paying jobs people in the minority community relied on to pay for rent, kids, food, etc. and no, it’s not easy to just go get another minimum wage job as they are destroying them all!! Seeing people on my Snapchat going down and participating in the destruction makes me sick. Thankfully 95% of people here are condemning it, especially young people. EVERYONE agrees the cop(s) deserve the full arm of the law for what happened but destroying the very community we all work in and live in helps nobody. The firefighters can’t even put out fires, they block them! That is why the national guard has come in.. to clear paths for the fire department to put out the endless amounts of fires. They throw rocks and other items at the fire department trying to save the community! Apparently firefighters are at fault now.. it’s all madness. And apparently someone cut the gas line to the police station which other homes are connected to putting innocent people in more danger. It’s one thing to see it on TV but it’s a whole another level of crazy when you’re so close and know so many people participating and see first hand footage and insight from people you know. This weekend is going to be more of this.. no signs of slowing down yet. I watched the Joker Wednesday evening right before the real madness kicked in.. and seeing the anarchy in the movie and now seeing it in real life is just crazy. I pray this ends soon

Advertisement
As I said in yesterday’s thread, I live 10-15 mins from the epicenter of all this. This is well beyond Mr. Floyd by now. Makes me sick man. Selfish a**holes who have taken the spotlight away from Mr. Floyd and his family and tarnished peoples opinions of the protests as all they see now is literal anarchy and rioting. Burning down low income developments, burning down and destroying small businesses, destroying BLACK owned businesses that put up “minority owned” signs just to see people ignore it and still destroy it, throwing bricks off an overpass onto a highway at random cars, going from building to building stealing everything (a new TV benefits YOU only)... destroying the very community you live in and already struggle in. They are closing grocery stores across the metro because they are burning them all down. And BTW don’t forget the fact that they are taking away hundreds of low paying jobs people in the minority community relied on to pay for rent, kids, food, etc. and no, it’s not easy to just go get another minimum wage job as they are destroying them all!! Seeing people on my Snapchat going down and participating in the destruction makes me sick. Thankfully 95% of people here are condemning it, especially young people. EVERYONE agrees the cop(s) deserve the full arm of the law for what happened but destroying the very community we all work in and live in helps nobody. The firefighters can’t even put out fires, they block them! That is why the national guard has come in.. to clear paths for the fire department to put out the endless amounts of fires. They throw rocks and other items at the fire department trying to save the community! Apparently firefighters are at fault now.. it’s all madness. And apparently someone cut the gas line to the police station which other homes are connected to putting innocent people in more danger. It’s one thing to see it on TV but it’s a whole another level of crazy when you’re so close and know so many people participating and see first hand footage and insight from people you know. This weekend is going to be more of this.. no signs of slowing down yet. I watched the Joker Wednesday evening right before the real madness kicked in.. and seeing the anarchy in the movie and now seeing it in real life is just crazy. I pray this ends soon

You do know most of the rioters are white, right?

Advertisement
The video of Mr. Floyd being chocked to death was absolutely abhorrent and should never happen in this country. Unfortunately, the videos of the rioting, looting, and burning down of buildings will be what is remembered about this tragedy. Videos of the crimes against properties is already dominating the airwaves.
I try my best to understand the anger and frustration of the black community, but the criminal acts in the streets of Minneapolis diverts attention from the issues that need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

You do know most of the rioters are white, right?
And? The rioting and looting isn’t in one single area. It’s in multiple spots across multiple communities. But yeah a huge chunk of those destroying **** are suburbs kids who go in.. film and cause destruction then go home at the end of the night to their nice suburb homes

The video of Mr. Floyd being chocked to death was absolutely abhorrent and should never happen in this country. Unfortunately, the videos of the rioting, looting, and burning down of buildings will be what is remembered about this tragedy. Videos of the crimes against properties is already dominating the airwaves.
I try my best to understand the anger and frustration of the black community, but the criminal acts in the streets of Minneapolis diverts attention from the issues that need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

You do know that most of the rioters are not African American, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back