P.J. Fleck- A Leader of Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make it clear to you, someone posted that vandalism and looting wasn't a valid way to protest and get someones attention. And then I pointed out a historical instance of vandalism that is deified. And it certainly got George the thirds attention.

I don't really agree with what is going on, but I can certainly see the motivation and anger behind it.
That wasn’t vandalism you dolt. That was an act of war that lead to official battles for freedom from ANOTHER country.

Advertisement
I don’t care for public figure’s opinion much. Especially issues like this. He’s a public employee, but he doesn’t know **** about ****. I’d rather ask the guy laying asphalt what his opinion is since he’s not a millionaire living a different life than the rest of us.

Hollywood has become especially insufferable. They can take a good cause and morph it into some agenda driven ******* child of what it should be.

I get what you're saying about celebrities in general. It's kinda like their political endorsements. But I think things like this are different on the local level and the public figures that are members of the actual specific communities do have an obligation to speak up and exercise whatever influence they may have- especially if they portray themselves as "leaders" when it benefits them personally.

For the looters to burn down their own neighborhoods, it's just adding more blight. This area might not recover for 20-30 years.

Now, want to make a point? Start breaking **** in Edina MN (a wealthy suburb of the Twinnies).

I don't blame this mob one bit for their rage and hurt. Ultimately unproductive and not in their interest, but this problem must be addressed and corrected immediately.
I don't blame the protesters at all for being angry. The problem is the public isn't watching this because a man was choked to death in a public street, they're watching to see the riots. A mob standing in front of the courthouse being covered by the news every day would get more attention and public support than this will. The message needs to be "This is what we've been saying" because people can relate to this.

And I bet you think He died on His way to the hospital too, huh?...LMAO!!!
Serious question, are you mentally retarded? You realize there’s a legal process that needs to be followed to convict anybody of anything and just because your feelings say “charge him because of a video any defense attorney would shred” doesn’t mean ****? If they don’t have that autopsy then there is literally no legitimate argument that would hold up in court and the defense would name every single emergency respiratory medical problem out there and literally take the legal theory you used to indict his/her client plus the video and wipe their *** with it.

Even better, what if his defense team moves to suppress that video in court and it gets approved? Then guess what bucko? He’s not going to jail because there’s no case to be had in court because they suppressed your only evidence.

I know the point you're trying to make, but trying to tie a bigger argument over police being tougher on blacks than whites starts with getting justice for this one case. It's a slam dunk. Then you move on to the next one. There will be times that people resist arrest and will subsequently get hurt. By focusing on the painfully obvious cases like this, you get public support. There's not a human being who can see and hear that video without their heart breaking.

Rioting and looting do absolutely nothing to stop police violence. Amplifying cases where it's possible that the police are right hurts credibility. These things allow the true problem to lose focus. There's a problem in the Minneapolis PD and they need to fix it.
Dude when it comes to putting cops in jail for violent acts the last term I would use is “slam dunk”.
Those dudes get off more than John Gotti.

Advertisement
Serious question, are you mentally retarded? You realize there’s a legal process that needs to be followed to convict anybody of anything and just because your feelings say “charge him because of a video any defense attorney would shred” doesn’t mean ****? If they don’t have that autopsy then there is literally no legitimate argument that would hold up in court and the defense would name every single emergency respiratory medical problem out there and literally take the legal theory you used to indict his/her client plus the video and wipe their *** with it.

Even better, what if his defense team moves to suppress that video in court then guess what bucko? He’s not going to jail because there’s no case to be had in court because they suppressed it.

Tou could qualify for the olympics with all the backflips youre doing. Give it a rest.

Tou could qualify for the olympics with all the backflips youre doing. Give it a rest.
What backflips? Lol at anybody that has any law background thinking that video won’t get suppressed by his legal team and these idiots want that to be the only evidence.

Advertisement
Dude when it comes to putting cops in jail for violent acts the last term I would use is “slam dunk”.
No this is a slam dunk for negligent homicide/involuntary manslaughter. He was so grossly negligent that it’s probably the bare minimum.

Even better, what if his defense team moves to suppress that video in court and it gets approved? Then guess what bucko? He’s not going to jail because there’s no case to be had in court because they suppressed your only evidence.
Ahmaud Arbery got his day in court too. Right? Now it's respect the legal process. This is exactly what the anger is about.

Mr. Rah Rah is conspicuously silent. This isn't like all these events are in Miami and he's the head coach at UiF hundreds of miles away in Gainesville either. The University of Minnesota is in Minneapolis and about 4 miles from where all this happened/is happening. No public or social media statements from Fleck on any of it when he has players posting statements that they're fearful for their own lives.

Even OUR OC has been days ahead on this. That's all I got. I just hate corches full of shtick but are either idiots, sissies or of ****ty character themselves when it comes to speaking on any societal issues- especially in their own backyard.

What’s the other side of this? Is it possible they asked him not to speak publicly yet? Maybe he wants to but was asked, or told, not to yet.

Ahmaud Arbery got his day in court too. Right? Now it's respect the legal process. This is exactly what the anger is about.
Apples to oranges. You’re bringing a case where there needs to be 3x the work done.

Advertisement
A guy took a knee on the sidelines and was vilified for it and run out of the league (and don't hand me the crap that he isn't better than some of the dregs holding backup QB positions in the NFL). No one listened. We have a guy murdered here on video, and a guy who got murdered by vigilantes who weren't going to be charged in Georgia recently. The exact thing he was trying to bring attention to. You're supposed to get your day in court, unless I've read the Constitution wrong. And it doesn't say white guys only.

Because everyone wants a backup who’s going g to cause a media circus

Guess who’s the last backup QB you’ve heard of of in the news....oh that’s right Tebow who also creates a media circus and guess what his NFL career died a year aftermaking the playoffs

I agree, they get a lot more benefit of the doubt than most because of the nature of their job. Police are trained about the dangers of choke holds and the like. There's no way he wasn't aware of positional asphyxia. On top of that, he held him like that for 8 or 9 minutes while being told he can't breathe.

There's no scenario where he doesn't go to jail for a long, long time.

Advertisement
Excuse my ignorance... but why is the HC of Minnesota's football expected to release a statement when the school has already announced that they will be distancing themselves from MPD?

Also, why is PJ Fleck more accountable than the DA? Mind you, the DA has already come out and said their isnt enough evidence to charge the officer, even though anyone can watch the video and see that, at the very least, the officer was negligent in providing care for someone under his custody (manslaughter).

IMO, the only thing wrong with the rioting is that it's not happening in that cops neighborhood.

If you’re gonna be an ******* and burn **** down to make a statement, why aren’t you going after solely government buildings?

Oh right, cuz they don’t have the valuable **** you wanna steal like private businesses do.

If you’re gonna be an ******* and burn **** down to make a statement, why aren’t you going after solely government buildings?

Oh right, cuz they don’t have the valuable **** you wanna steal like private businesses do.
Why didn't Sam Adams and the gang burn up a British ship of the line and instead destroy a companies private property?

Priviledge island.
Yea me and my family are real privileged. When my grandmother was suffering in a Cuban prison for handing out capitalism pamphlets with barely any food or healthcare she was actually living a life of luxury. When my pops left my mom in a half a million dollar home, sent us into foreclosure, and forced me to have to share a room with my brother because my teacher mother is in such financial ruin because she couldn’t pay anything because of him i was really wealthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back