Our Hiring of an OC or DC

Advertisement
You say you're playing with the big boys, got this big *** bankroll, then you don't take nearly two months to round out your staff. That amount of time goes well beyond not rushing it.

The spots will be filled at some point, but today and just 10 days shy of two months, it's a bad look.

I know that won't be popular, but the truth sometimes isn't. It doesn't mean he can't close out the staff with a bang, but I'm skeptical at best.

Advertisement
True, but my god. This decision has taken forever. I can’t remember a time when a big time school went into NSD without at least one coordinator in place. Not panicking, just my observation.
And its worked so well for us with the hires we've gotten in time........

While we don't have an OC or DC, we are so lucky to have so many posters to tell Mario what he needs to do. I'm sure given time he will realize he's been doing it wrong all these years and listen to the Intelligentsia here. It was much better when Blake hired Manny without a search. At least we knew immediately who our next coach was after Richt. Much better than all that time wasted doing a thorough candidate search and vetting process. BTW I am gratified to see that all my fellow Cane fans have never been turned for a job or a girl, or for that matter, ever lost the lottery. I thought that only the WEZ had dime wives and drove Bentleys.

Last edited:
Advertisement
According to whom? To you and others on this board?

Who determines how long is too long for a job to be filled?
It’s an Observation. I said I can’t remember a time where at least 1 coordinator wasn’t in place by NSD.This Mario’s baby I’m not gonna cast judgment on how he runs things for a bit. Yes, it’s a very long **** time to get coordinators in place, especially with NSD around the corner. Somewhere down the line we will see it’s impact if any.

It’s an Observation. I said I can’t remember a time where at least 1 coordinator wasn’t in place. This Mario’s baby I’m not gonna cast judgment on how he runs things for a bit. Yes, it’s a very long **** time to get coordinators in place, especially with NSD around the corner. Somewhere down the line we will see it’s impact if any.
So far the impact has been 15 players signing since he has been here without coordinators in place.

Advertisement
All of us, including me, want Mario to hire the best available and successful OC and DC out there, but let's be realistic. Unless this type of coordinator comes from a smaller Program, i.e., Toledo, and it is an upgrade socially and monetarily for them, it just isn't going to happen. There's a professional progression for these type of coaches. As an example and for the most part, OC's come from the lower ranks of the Offensive coaching hierchy. Established OC's aspiration is, of course, a HC position. Paralel moves within the same position do not normally happen, like a Lashee, unless the OC is not happy where they are, have been fired and may be suspect, knows the current head coach, or is looking for greener pastures. If Mario had already found such a coach, they would be on our staff already.
Do not be surprised, or get your hopes too high to find out that our next OC or DC comes from the Pro ranks and is currently coaching in a lower position, Co-OC coordinator, WR's, RB's, etc. Sorry if I'm being too obvious here. Just my observation.
Shut up

It’s an Observation. I said I can’t remember a time where at least 1 coordinator wasn’t in place by NSD.This Mario’s baby I’m not gonna cast judgment on how he runs things for a bit. Yes, it’s a very long **** time to get coordinators in place, especially with NSD around the corner. Somewhere down the line we will see it’s impact if any.
He can take as long as he wants but perception is important. We can say players shouldn’t care about OC or dc because they might not be there more than a year. But at the of the day this is sending a bad message.

Why haven't we named one yet? Mario is ******** around with losing Shemar Stewart unless he names a DC before Feb. 2!!

How do you know that? Speculation. And he’s not about to jeopardize a strong hire for one kid out of how many? That’s not how you do lasting work.

Advertisement
I'm honestly starting to believe Mario is just going all in and putting most of his time in energy into making this recruiting class the best it can be. I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the hires after signing day.

I
This is str8 bullish..to the So call fans with No patience shut the Fuxk up ****…Y’all will Fuxks up a WETT dream..Can the TRU CANE FAMILY please stand up these other Clowns Yes Clowns R Not TRU CANE FAMILY…It’s been 20 freaking years that We been waiting and hoping for a Coach like Mario to enter the building..We got Coach Richt and I’m thankful for him but he was at the end of his career But I’m still Grateful for CMR he came home…You So call fans aren’t Loyal Family..Let Mario do his thing..**** a and knowOc/Dc may already Be hired…Mario is a Professional Coach with experience and knowledge WtF are U DisLoyal always *****ing fans experience at…Blogging…Being DisLoyal iz a Sin…We Don’t Need Y’all As CANES FAMILY bringing Negative Energy and FuxkN up OUR Moments..Gets the FUXKS…Boy BYEEE..The END
I don't need wet dreams..

Advertisement
Back