Our Hiring of an OC or DC

Advertisement
All of us, including me, want Mario to hire the best available and successful OC and DC out there, but let's be realistic. Unless this type of coordinator comes from a smaller Program, i.e., Toledo, and it is an upgrade socially and monetarily for them, it just isn't going to happen. There's a professional progression for these type of coaches. As an example and for the most part, OC's come from the lower ranks of the Offensive coaching hierchy. Established OC's aspiration is, of course, a HC position. Paralel moves within the same position do not normally happen, like a Lashee, unless the OC is not happy where they are, have been fired and may be suspect, knows the current head coach, or is looking for greener pastures. If Mario had already found such a coach, they would be on our staff already.
Do not be surprised, or get your hopes too high to find out that our next OC or DC comes from the Pro ranks and is currently coaching in a lower position, Co-OC coordinator, WR's, RB's, etc. Sorry if I'm being too obvious here. Just my observation.

Don't think this is necessarily true all the time. Sometimes coordinators get hired away for better money and/or what they think is a better steppingstone to either a HC position in college or a shot as a coordinator in the pros, imo.

Advertisement
This is str8 bullish..to the So call fans with No patience shut the Fuxk up ****…Y’all will Fuxks up a WETT dream..Can the TRU CANE FAMILY please stand up these other Clowns Yes Clowns R Not TRU CANE FAMILY…It’s been 20 freaking years that We been waiting and hoping for a Coach like Mario to enter the building..We got Coach Richt and I’m thankful for him but he was at the end of his career But I’m still Grateful for CMR he came home…You So call fans aren’t Loyal Family..Let Mario do his thing..**** a and knowOc/Dc may already Be hired…Mario is a Professional Coach with experience and knowledge WtF are U DisLoyal always *****ing fans experience at…Blogging…Being DisLoyal iz a Sin…We Don’t Need Y’all As CANES FAMILY bringing Negative Energy and FuxkN up OUR Moments..Gets the FUXKS…Boy BYEEE..The END

Not saying hiring an OC/DC from lower tier schools is a bad thing, at the end of the day we want to hire the best person, period, and that ball is in Mario's court. Whoever he hires, I'll assume he got exactly who he wanted, and I'll give them a chance.

That being said, I disagree with your post, OP. Miami is supposedly paying big money these days. That's what we've been told. We're supposed to be competing with the big boys.

Well if Alabama and Georgia have no problem coming to Miami and stealing our coaches (T Rob for example), then Miami should have no problem doing the same IF we truly are on that level and paying and competing on that level.

ALL P5 coordinators, including those at playoff schools, should be considered for the Miami openings. If the best guy is at a lower tier school, fine. But if the best guy is at a Georgia or a Clemson, then that's who we should get. If money is truly not an object.

That's my opinion.

Advertisement
Possibly, but if the Bills lose their OC, and they pass over Dorsey and don’t elevate him, he might still be in play. Just sayin’
Nah. He’s getting the fins oc role if Daboll is the guy and it seems like daboll is getting the job

As we get into the upcoming months - maybe Mario should keep a constantly updated list of possible position coaches and possible coordinators.

As folks move, he can do the same - bust a move on a coach that's already been vetted to his standards.

Every coach has strengths and weaknesses. Every coach, every Head Coach.

I pray Mario is not going to micromanage things at UM too tight. Standards are certainly necessary. Expectations are necessary. Rules are necessary.

But creativity and initiative are also necessary - there has to be some room for creativity and brilliant execution.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he's waiting for coordinators who are waiting to see if they can get NFL gigs first, that makes sense. Anything else, hard to really justify at this point imo.
Ive been waiting for Heidi Klume for 25 years. She keeps getting better gigs.

Not saying hiring an OC/DC from lower tier schools is a bad thing, at the end of the day we want to hire the best person, period, and that ball is in Mario's court. Whoever he hires, I'll assume he got exactly who he wanted, and I'll give them a chance.

That being said, I disagree with your post, OP. Miami is supposedly paying big money these days. That's what we've been told. We're supposed to be competing with the big boys.

Well if Alabama and Georgia have no problem coming to Miami and stealing our coaches (T Rob for example), then Miami should have no problem doing the same IF we truly are on that level and paying and competing on that level.

ALL P5 coordinators, including those at playoff schools, should be considered for the Miami openings. If the best guy is at a lower tier school, fine. But if the best guy is at a Georgia or a Clemson, then that's who we should get. If money is truly not an object.

That's my opinion.

More factors than just money. We could of paid T-Rob the same as Bama and he still would of left. Alabama had a rb coach get a head coaching job. The ability to put on your resume "Saban assistant " is a powerful thing and something we can't match

Advertisement
Back