Our Hiring of an OC or DC

Advertisement
Why ya care if we have someone hired or not? We aren't going into next season without it so let it play out hold ya horses. It doesn't have an effect on recruiting at all no matter what these kids or media guys write. We got Moss with just Mario we will be alright.

Liam Coen from Kentucky is the latest name to pop up for OC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220127-193326_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-193326_Messages.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 21
Advertisement
Not that it matters that much but noticed today a couple national media types finally starting to notice that there still hasn't been any Coordinator hires. Their starting to wonder what the **** is going on? Doubt Mario gives a F about that but wonder if they start calling and asking questions about it.

Not that it matters that much but noticed today a couple national media types finally starting to notice that there still hasn't been any Coordinator hires. Their starting to wonder what the **** is going on? Doubt Mario gives a F about that but wonder if they start calling and asking questions about it.

They need to get in line!

Advertisement
I believe you, but whos' saying that? I haven't seen anything and doesn't seem like it should be a narrative

mario didn't make some of the hires until mid february when he took over oregon

It’s an Observation. I said I can’t remember a time where at least 1 coordinator wasn’t in place by NSD.This Mario’s baby I’m not gonna cast judgment on how he runs things for a bit. Yes, it’s a very long **** time to get coordinators in place, especially with NSD around the corner. Somewhere down the line we will see it’s impact if any.

You keep saying its a long time. Based on what? Do you know the interview and hiring schedule Criscoballs has?

Advertisement
More factors than just money. We could of paid T-Rob the same as Bama and he still would of left. Alabama had a rb coach get a head coaching job. The ability to put on your resume "Saban assistant " is a powerful thing and something we can't match

Then what you’re really saying is we’re not willing to pay what it takes. Everyone and everybody has a price. If T-Rob values putting Saban on his resume, then find out how much and overpay accordingly.

We might have to offer the same guy $1 million that Saban can get for $700k. Because he gets preference. Saban adds value in ways other than money, so we have to throw in more money to make up the difference.

Consider it a “we ****ed around for 20 years and now the bill is due” tax. Consider it whatever you want…just be ready to pony up

But everyone can be bought, it’s just a matter of finding out their price and deciding if they’re worth it.

The way T-Rob recruits, I’m gonna say he probably was worth it. But we’ll see. I’m a fan of Mario and hopefully he has an ace up his sleeve

Then what you’re really saying is we’re not willing to pay what it takes. Everyone and everybody has a price. If T-Rob values putting Saban on his resume, then find out how much and overpay accordingly.

We might have to offer the same guy $1 million that Saban can get for $700k. Because he gets preference.

But everyone can be bought, it’s just a matter of finding out their price and deciding if they’re worth it.

The way T-Rob recruits, I’m gonna say he probably was worth it. But we’ll see. I’m a fan of Mario and hopefully he has an ace up his sleeve

Bama would match us or get close. Again its more than just money. If it was most the big name assistant coaches would be on texas's staff. Thats a program willing to spend anything and yet I bet most people couldn't name 3 people on their staff outside of sark without looking it up on Google. Same goes for georgia, there willing to spend anything and they ended up hiring a first time DC in Dan Lanning. At one point freakin James Coley was their OC. They just won a national championship with a bunch of coaches that nobody on here would want before they got to Georgia.

Advertisement
As we get into the upcoming months - maybe Mario should keep a constantly updated list of possible position coaches and possible coordinators.

As folks move, he can do the same - bust a move on a coach that's already been vetted to his standards.

Every coach has strengths and weaknesses. Every coach, every Head Coach.

I pray Mario is not going to micromanage things at UM too tight. Standards are certainly necessary. Expectations are necessary. Rules are necessary.

But creativity and initiative are also necessary - there has to be some room for creativity and brilliant execution.
Supposedly he keeps extensive lists for each position. There was talk about that on the Oregon board.

I’m sure he’s probably updated and edited any list he had. Staff isn’t necessarily one size fits all.

Advertisement
Back