OT: The new ford bronco/Trucks/Jeeps thread

Advertisement
Nah. Got young kids need it practical. Use to have a 99 F150 on a 3in lift. That's about the extent of my madness. Never went to Gaby(GAW) like most people in 305 did.
Lol, I feel you. So I’m guessing you’re a power stroke guy? Or did you get it at the right price kind of deal?

I want a muscle car one day but I love trucks. Building them is a little hobby of mine and if there was any money in Diesel other than owning a repair shop that’s what I would’ve done as a career.

I understand that. My dream is to rebuild a 69 Chevelle but I don’t have deep enough pockets for that yet. Right now I’m working on a 49 Ford with my pops. F100 that is.

Advertisement
I’m not so sure the maintenance and repair costs of operating a Tesla is zero.

I have owned one now for 5 years, and have never had a single expense. Remember, there are no cables, filters, oils, catalytic converters, engines, etc. Most of the time, a reboot of the computer fixes a problem, or an over the internet reboot, and lastly, I have had a technician come twice to my house for physical repairs. No out of pocket costs.

Power Stroke. You have the right work done on it and the sound of the turbo is like a giant wind up toy truck. Music to my ears.
It’s either Cummins or Powerstroke with me. Can’t stand Duramax. They don’t go anywhere lol.

That looks crazy.... If I had the cash I would get it... Looks like a Mars rover...

You generally want to stay away from the first year of any car, and especially so with a new manufacturer. Even Tesla has had multiple issues with the new cars they have come out with. That's why I wouldnt get a model Y now, and why I will wait a year before the Cyber truck.

Advertisement
I have owned one now for 5 years, and have never had a single expense. Remember, there are no cables, filters, oils, catalytic converters, engines, etc. Most of the time, a reboot of the computer fixes a problem, or an over the internet reboot, and lastly, I have had a technician come twice to my house for physical repairs. No out of pocket costs.

Well you would know. It’s just hard to believe that an automobile would have that kind of record.

Sorry for the second post just wanted to ask, there have to be moving parts. If there are moving parts there’s a potential for metal fatigue, and a bunch of other different things that can go wrong. If something goes wrong with a Tesla then what is it? Is it the batteries? Are there moving parts that can wear down?

Well you would know. It’s just hard to believe that an automobile would have that kind of record.

Its just that there isnt that much to break down....its essentially a computer, an electric engine, batteries and a chassis, and most of the cost of the car is the batteries, which are covered for 8 years. Any issues I have had are with the computer.

Advertisement
Also the movement of Tesla in the stock market today was absolutely crazy

It had gone parabolic up, probably because of short covering plus anticipation of being included in the S&P, so it could fall quite a bit from here. Longer term though, they have a several year advantage in the space (batteries and technology). Once you drive one, especially one with the advanced autopilot and the built in internet, you wont go back to your car.

It’s either Cummins or Powerstroke with me. Can’t stand Duramax. They don’t go anywhere lol.
My brother in law's best friend when I was a shorty was a Ford guy so it grew on me. No to duramax on a matter of principle.

Sorry for the second post just wanted to ask, there have to be moving parts. If there are moving parts there’s a potential for metal fatigue, and a bunch of other different things that can go wrong. If something goes wrong with a Tesla then what is it? Is it the batteries? Are there moving parts that can wear down?
The one thing I can tell you is that you hit that battery the wrong way in a wreck then it’s probably going up. Obviously not with people inside or it’ll be all over the news but they’ve been known to go up.

Advertisement
And actually.....

Feb 21, 2020

CanesInSight Forum Rules (Revised)

This is a football site. It should be fun and a little crude. That's what people like about CanesInSight. But there are areas we want to address.

Violating these simple rules is an infraction. Everything has a 1 point warning base value. That doesn't mean an extreme case won't warrant a permaband
  • Post off topic multiple times in a thread
  • Wishing harm on another individual
  • Excessive Bumping
  • Creating off topic thread
  • Impersonating staff
  • Inappropriate advertising / spam
  • Personal attacks
  • Personal information
  • Posting copyright information
  • Politics
  • Posting false information
  • Posting NSFW content
  • Racism
  • Sexual Harassment
We haven’t even had a practice in 2020. What football do you expect people to talk about?

Advertisement
Back