OT: The new ford bronco/Trucks/Jeeps thread

Like everything in life. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I don’t even like dodges but this thing was beautiful. The interior is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen lol.

I need it for my business , pulling trailer.I did plenty of research ,online and from mechanics everywhere I went said go with the cumins. 19000 pounds towing, nothing can touch it. I even had a Chevy salesman tell me that.

I bought a Silverado high country/ Duramax and had a few issues so I got out of it ASAP.

The Mega cab is huge but rides like I’m in a compact car. I love it.

Advertisement
I don’t even like dodges but this thing was beautiful. The interior is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen lol.

I need it for my business , pulling trailer.I did plenty of research ,online and from mechanics everywhere I went said go with the cumins. 19000 pounds towing, nothing can touch it. I even had a Chevy salesman tell me that.

I bought a Silverado high country/ Duramax and had a few issues so I got out of it ASAP.

Win win. Good job Crib
I give you props for dropping the Chevy.

I think you just moved me from getting a Rebel to getting a diesel lol.

Advertisement
Im not sure yet on this new bronco. I've been a fan in the past since high school in the 90s when a classmate had a badass bronco. I'm a jeep guy though and had a 2006 wrangler extended cab unlimited which was only made one yr and then went to 4dr. I loved that thing. Inline 6 with a 3 inch lift. Intake and exhaust system with some beautiful Bridgestone 33s was just right. Then the wife just had to **** on my parade and made me rid. I will never forgive her. The new gladiator has some promise if tricked out right. That's my next hobby. Call me crazy but I'm jacked to own a stick shift again. To each their own

Im not sure yet on this new bronco. I've been a fan in the past since high school in the 90s when a classmate had a badass bronco. I'm a jeep guy though and had a 2006 wrangler extended cab unlimited which was only made one yr and then went to 4dr. I loved that thing. Inline 6 with a 3 inch lift. Intake and exhaust system with some beautiful Bridgestone 33s was just right. Then the wife just had to **** on my parade and made me rid. I will never forgive her. The new gladiator has some promise if tricked out right. That's my next hobby. Call me crazy but I'm jacked to own a stick shift again. To each their own
Yea, some of the overland builds for the gladiator are sick.

The rims are Icon Alloys

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looks like an old International Harvester Scout.
8612b795adcb02efec8f6e36cd37cbbf.jpg
iujiHXIH.jpg

==sdqiuh.jpg

A lot of similarity, especially when Pre-F-series chassis Bronco enthusiasts updated their rides...With Super Scout-style door jamb inserts being real popular.

Advertisement
Look up nikolamotor.com. It’s called a badger and he teamed with Diesel Dave to build the truck.
Nikola seems like a scam to me. They aren't even going to manufacture anything themselves. All they're going to do is try to get patents and sue others it looks like.

Best bet for an Electric truck is Tesla, Rivian, Ford, and GM with the Hummer.

Nikola seems like a scam to me. They aren't even going to manufacture anything themselves. All they're going to do is try to get patents and sue others it looks like.

Best bet for an Electric truck is Tesla, Rivian, Ford, and GM with the Hummer.
Don’t know anything about Nikola but if the diesel power guys are involved then best believe it’s going to be a quality product. They’ve done some of the best Reno jobs I’ve ever seen done, do giveaway trucks every month, and have a clothing shop that sells a really good product. Everything Diesel Dave and the boys do is top of the line.

Sorry for the second post just wanted to ask, there have to be moving parts. If there are moving parts there’s a potential for metal fatigue, and a bunch of other different things that can go wrong. If something goes wrong with a Tesla then what is it? Is it the batteries? Are there moving parts that can wear down?
The main parts like the battery or motor are more likely to fail immediately (from being defects or something) than just wear out within a decade (Tesla basically claims their vehicles are able to last 1million miles, or at least will be able to soon) . You will certainly see battery degradation over time - similar to phones, but a lot less so, because you won't really be charging the vehicle past 90% unless you are planning on going on a trip or something. (With phones/laptops, constantly charging to 100% isn't healthy for lithium ion battery life). Electric motors are very simple and mainly have 1 moving part - the rotor. They obviously have pumps and fans and all that in the drivetrain, so it's got more moving parts for sure. But if an ICE vehicle has thousands, an EV might have a couple hundreds max.... Major difference. if you want to see an entire teardown of model 3/y, here's a good YouTube playlist. They pretty much go over the entire vehicle, it's pretty cool imo.

Advertisement
The new Bronco is the only NEW truck to come out in the past 10 years that I WANT to buy right off the lot. That thing *****.

Don’t know anything about Nikola but if the diesel power guys are involved then best believe it’s going to be a quality product. They’ve done some of the best Reno jobs I’ve ever seen done, do giveaway trucks every month, and have a clothing shop that sells a really good product. Everything Diesel Dave and the boys do is top of the line.
Not really talking about the the design of the truck or anything, I agree it looks pretty good. Just the actual company. They just seem like one of those companies that won't actually do anything, they're just going to be all hype, and they are going to sue everybody. Like follow their Founder Trevor Milton on Twitter. He basically threatens to sue everybody

The main parts like the battery or motor are more likely to fail immediately (from being defects or something) than just wear out within a decade (Tesla basically claims their vehicles are able to last 1million miles, or at least will be able to soon) . You will certainly see battery degradation over time - similar to phones, but a lot less so, because you won't really be charging the vehicle past 90% unless you are planning on going on a trip or something. (With phones/laptops, constantly charging to 100% isn't healthy for lithium ion battery life). Electric motors are very simple and mainly have 1 moving part - the rotor. They obviously have pumps and fans and all that in the drivetrain, so it's got more moving parts for sure. But if an ICE vehicle has thousands, an EV might have a couple hundreds max.... Major difference. if you want to see an entire teardown of model 3/y, here's a good YouTube playlist. They pretty much go over the entire vehicle, it's pretty cool imo.

Actually I think I’m gonna watch one of those YouTube tear down videos. Sounds interesting... thanks.

I have heard about LiOn batteries and the degradation that occurs with full charging, but don’t most devices (phones) nowadays have some form of a stopgap measure that either shuts it off or reduces it to a tiny trickle?

Now that looks much, much better. Still not a V8 but it’s better than what was released.

Advertisement
Back