OT: The new ford bronco/Trucks/Jeeps thread

Advertisement
Jeeps aren’t for everyone!! I’ve had a one as a daily driver since 2010 and it still cracks me up to see people spend 40 grand on a Jeep and ride around on a beautiful day with the top on, doors on and running the AC. I wanna tell them they should have got a minivan!!😂😂

Advertisement
Jeeps aren’t for everyone!! I’ve had a one as a daily driver since 2010 and it still cracks me up to see people spend 40 grand on a Jeep and ride around on a beautiful day with the top on, doors on and running the AC. I wanna tell them they should have got a minivan!!😂😂
****. I running with the windows down most of the time. **** sure that’s what I’ll be doing if I had one.

****. I running with the windows down most of the time. **** sure that’s what I’ll be doing if I had one.

My doors come of mid April and summer top goes on. Stays that way until October. People ask me all the time “what do U do when it rains”? I tell them it gets wet!!😂😂

My doors come of mid April and summer top goes on. Stays that way until October. People ask me all the time “what do U do when it rains”? I tell them it gets wet!!😂😂
Lol. People need to get out more and do stuff like that. People act like rain is some kind of deterrent. I used to play ball in that ****! Rain ain’t nothing.

Advertisement
4x4 'truck' that doesn't have a V8.

Wonderful.

Allow me to celebrate by smoking a crack pipe without putting crack in it. :/

LOL

Yeah, first thing after seeing the specs I thought how the f*ck is there no V8 option

Actually I think I’m gonna watch one of those YouTube tear down videos. Sounds interesting... thanks.

I have heard about LiOn batteries and the degradation that occurs with full charging, but don’t most devices (phones) nowadays have some form of a stopgap measure that either shuts it off or reduces it to a tiny trickle?
The best thing is for it to have extra capacity than what you can actually charge it to. So if the phone says you charged to 100%, it may actually only charged to 95% of it's true capacity (idk how much they actually have for reserve). Same thing if you let it die - The phone/Laptop/Vehicle will have some reserve capacity that you can't access, that's just there for the health of the battery pack. However that reserve for devices like Laptop/Phones is likely minimal. At least with EV's that reserve is pretty large. With some EV's I believe it's up to 20% of the total capacity of the battery, which should mean pretty little degradation over time (especially with a competent cooling/battery management system). It's just really bad for them to reach 0% and 100%. And even worse for those types of cells to remain at those percentages - they basically like being at 50-60% capacity (this is why when you buy lithium ion cells this is the % they come at).

Like if you charge your vehicle up to 100% and in the settings do it so it finishes the charge at 8am, because thats when you're leaving for your roadtrip, then it's not too big of a deal. But with your phone most people will charge overnight, and although the phone software may stop the phone from receiving anymore charge once it reaches 100%, it still stays at 100% the rest of the night/until you begin using it again. What phones should do is allow you to schedule when the charging will be complete by, so say you wake up at 6am, then the phone shouldn't begin charging at 10pm when you put it on the charger, it should start charging whenever it needs to to be complete at 6am (or whatever % you set it to stop charging at, which should be another feature). This is why after like 1-2 years you notice your phone life is significantly shorter than when you bought it.

The best thing is for it to have extra capacity than what you can actually charge it to. So if the phone says you charged to 100%, it may actually only charged to 95% of it's true capacity (idk how much they actually have for reserve). Same thing if you let it die - The phone/Laptop/Vehicle will have some reserve capacity that you can't access, that's just there for the health of the battery pack. However that reserve for devices like Laptop/Phones is likely minimal. At least with EV's that reserve is pretty large. With some EV's I believe it's up to 20% of the total capacity of the battery, which should mean pretty little degradation over time (especially with a competent cooling/battery management system). It's just really bad for them to reach 0% and 100%. And even worse for those types of cells to remain at those percentages - they basically like being at 50-60% capacity (this is why when you buy lithium ion cells this is the % they come at).

Like if you charge your vehicle up to 100% and in the settings do it so it finishes the charge at 8am, because thats when you're leaving for your roadtrip, then it's not too big of a deal. But with your phone most people will charge overnight, and although the phone software may stop the phone from receiving anymore charge once it reaches 100%, it still stays at 100% the rest of the night/until you begin using it again. What phones should do is allow you to schedule when the charging will be complete by, so say you wake up at 6am, then the phone shouldn't begin charging at 10pm when you put it on the charger, it should start charging whenever it needs to to be complete at 6am (or whatever % you set it to stop charging at, which should be another feature). This is why after like 1-2 years you notice your phone life is significantly shorter than when you bought it.

Good stuff, thanks

Advertisement
The ****s are gonna skoop those Broncos up to replace their Subaruus. I bet their muffs are just salivating at the thought of driving one of those.

@Zbrod95
Bro have you seen the new F150 Shelby? Took the truck for service at Metro Ford and saw one. Love at first sight....
Absolutely. If you think that right there is beautiful then wait for the new Ram Rebel TRX gets released. It’s going to carry the hellcat platform. Essentially the the SRT-10 on steroids.
BA43C25F-3B7C-4FD3-9629-007E18C9A812.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back