OT: Spencer Jones

relly:

my good friend is one of the top karate masters in europe. he pretty much said the same thing to me, but he also said, look at the nose. if a guy has cauliflower nose, you know he's been doing some scuffling.

(p.s. i once saw my friend, who is no more than 5-9 and 170 lbs soaking wet, completely deck two bodybuilder steroid freaks in a bar in amsterdam when they got completely out of line and went after him when he was just minding his own business. the dudes went down in about 4 seconds, and it was over before anyone knew it had started. both ended up knocked out and needed paramedics. that's when you KNOW you with a motherfu*ker that ain't playing!)
I think I saw that movie too...

dance moves GIF

Advertisement
Wait, the real danger here is nobodies wearing a mask during this catastrophic pandemic, not to mention they are in groups bigger than 6 and not practicing social distancing! Don't they realize everyone might die?
And a couple almost did. :)

I still remember chatting up my home inspector years ago. The guy was all of 5'7" maybe 145 pounds. But he had mentioned he had just fought professionally at the Miccosukee. I don't care how big you are, some trained fighter gonna whup my and probably else's ***, regardless of height/weight differences. That's a skill.

And yeah, as a practicing (civil) attorney, word to the wise-avoid fights. Someone is going to get sued. Doesn't matter what someone said. Ain't worth it. When that lawsuit comes in, hard to justify you beat some dude's *** because he made fun of your girl or your momma.

I think years ago, when men had more pride, a fight was a fight and it ended there. Now, lots of plaintiff's attorneys in town and lots of $ to be made. That bar is likely going to be sued and the mma guy will be a co-defendant. That's an easy plaintiff case right there; the Bar should have had an attendant to ensure that bathroom limited to 2-3 people for social distancing, etc. I counted 8, 9 in there.

Advertisement
You are exactly correct. Let's assume that Jones or his friend had punched the MMA guy earlier in the bar/club and then we saw the later confrontation in the courtroom. The attack earlier would not justify the later retaliation, but it would support the MMA guy and his friend arguing that they felt threatened in the bathroom and had no place to go. The question for the MMA guy and his friend is did they do more than was warranted? Probably.

Easy to plead down or get dismissed- if Jones did hit him earlier, then the MMA guy got cornered in the bathroom (looks that way based on body language) a defense attorney can argue the encounter was still ongoing. Also if MMA guy got sucker punched by Jones earlier so hard he got a bloody nose, then MMA guy can ask for Jones to be charged with battery (probably lots of witnesses). Can also argue that Jones was assaulting the MMA guy, a reasonable person would be become fearful if cornered by a D1 football player in the bathroom, especially if he punched MMA guy earlier (so now Jones could be facing assault and battery charges). Most importantly, you CAN punch first and still claim self defense. The guy who throws the punch has to reasonably believe he is about to be attacked. Clear enough to me that is the case since he Jones looked like the aggressor and his buddy shoved MMA guy when he wasn't looking. I don't think a prosecutor would waste time trying to secure a doubtful felony battery conviction.

The MMA guy will have to contend with a a lawsuit, but then Jones will have deal with not only getting smacked around like a little ***** but acting like a ***** afterwards and suing for getting his *** kicked in a fight he started. Good luck to him in the locker room if he wants to double down on being a *****.

He might just be lawyering up to sue the club for poor security or some such thing as it probably has deeper pockets and insurance. Still a ***** move, but not as bad as suing the dude who put your lights out because your buddy f#cked up.

I see the characterizations of Jones here . . . if you all had a 7 figure payday coming you'd put aside that pride real fast! LOL.

Advertisement
I did a little MMA training w/ my cousin, bro. Went to this gym called PKG out here in L.A. They had beginners (no fighting experience), intermediate (fighting experience, but needs refinement), expert (amateur mma experience), and pro (MMA fighters w/ at least 2 pro fights). Aight, cool.

I know I got hands, so I check myself into the intermediate section. Lol. Let’s just say I held my own, but b/c these cats had already had a taste of MMA training, the struggle was real. Lol. I’ve boxed, kick boxed, and I have thee absolute utmost respect for boxers....but these MMA cats Cribby....first hand saw they real different. And now, I scan everybody’s ear.

One last true story; not sure if ya’ll have this joint in Fl, but it’s this little dinner called Nations in The Bay. Mostly older ppl go there. So there’s this tall, lanky kid taking my order. I mean fresh pimples on his face. Ppl come through like “Hey Champ; how’s it going?” I’m thinking they r using it as a te of endearment. Then as he’s grabbing my pie, I see the cauliflower ear. So I ask was he into fighting? Dude was like yeah, I just completed the amateur circuit, and today’s my last day here; I’m going up to UFC. Lol

Bro, pimples, skinny....u would think Fa sho I’ll beat the brakes off this ninja. Lol
What part of the bay are you in? I'm in The Town.

What part of the bay are you in? I'm in The Town.

What up bruh bruh.

I’m not in The Bay no more; I’m back in my motherland (Compton), but I was livin in the 7-O-Sev for a minute out in Vallejo. I used to function w/ The Town a lot. Love The O. Moms & grandmas from out there. Grandma moved to The East str8 from Mississippi in the 70’s then moved to LA in 85. My relatives currently live in Oakland Hills

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back