OT: Presidential Alerts today (I got this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel violated??? Lol

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/presit...system-to-cell-phones-citing-first-amendment/

Plaintiffs in Manhattan are suing Mr. Trump and FEMA Administrator Brock Long, claiming the alert system is a "violation of Americans' First and Fourth Amendment rights to be free from Government-compelled listening, as well as warrantless, non-consensual trespass into and seizure of their cellular devices."

They should sue the 2015 Congress and former President Obama since it's their law they passed and enacted.

BTW...the gift that keeps on giving from them...test MUST be conducted once every 3 years or more frequently.

Advertisement
Nah just when you said their is 1 enrieque for every rick martin I figured you meant 50% looked like ricky and 50% like enrique. We are on the same page. I know a ton of puerto ricans lol. They range from every different shade(but the funny thing is I have seen more real dark cubans than PRs). My point was just that it seems like the Cubans in Miami look a lot more white then the Ricans in the south bronx.
This is a topic fraught with political land mines but … you’re right: Cubans in Miami tend to be more “white” (European) while Puerto Rican’s in NY tend to be more Taino/“European”/African.

I was in Cuba for the first time during the “Special Period” (basically, the time after the fall of the Soviet Union when Cuba’s support was cut off; Cubans were starving) and I was educated, by my eyes, to a population that was easily more than 50% black - or what would easily be described as “black” in the US, Jamaica, Bahamas or even Nigeria.

I read about this previously (also an example in Brazil…) but you can find a citation in Wikipedia where University of Miami went to Cuba and determined that 62% of the Cuban population was “black”, yet Cuba did a census in the 90’s/00’s (I think) where Cubans self-identified, which described 62% of the population as “white”.

Here’s a rare case of Obama signing a law passed by a Republican Congress. And both parties were correct in agreeing on it.

And we have people complaining about updating way to reach as many Americans as possible in a national emergency situation? BC Trump is the President when that law is required to be enforced?

Get a hold of your emotions fellas.

It’s FSU week for cryin’ out loud!!!

That's up to you. Getting tired of her?

Tired of her? Heck, 36 years and I’m still trying to trying to firgure out what group she below to. Anyway, I blew my chance in August. We were in Havana and I brought her back.

Advertisement
Here’s a rare case of Obama signing a law passed by a Republican Congress. And both parties were correct in agreeing on it.

And we have people complaining about updating way to reach as many Americans as possible in a national emergency situation? BC Trump is the President when that law is required to be enforced?

Get a hold of your emotions fellas.

It’s FSU week for cryin’ out loud!!!

I was wondering were it came from. That explains it: both parties agreed! That is always really double bad for us!

I was getting a piece of *** when it went off... thank goodness the moaning was louder...
download (3).jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/presit...system-to-cell-phones-citing-first-amendment/

Plaintiffs in Manhattan are suing Mr. Trump and FEMA Administrator Brock Long, claiming the alert system is a "violation of Americans' First and Fourth Amendment rights to be free from Government-compelled listening, as well as warrantless, non-consensual trespass into and seizure of their cellular devices."[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they have felt violated since 2016 when Hussein signed this in to law? Very curious why they waited until now to be outraged.

“FEMA first created the alert system to adhere to a law passed in 2016 under former President Barack Obama, which gives the president the ability to send out nationwide alerts addressing public safety issues.

Plaintiffs in Manhattan are suing Mr. Trump and FEMA Administrator Brock Long, claiming the alert system is a "violation of Americans' First and Fourth Amendment rights to be free from Government-compelled listening, as well as warrantless, non-consensual trespass into and seizure of their cellular devices."

I wonder if they have felt violated since 2016 when Hussein signed this in to law? Very curious why they waited until now to be outraged.

“FEMA first created the alert system to adhere to a law passed in 2016 under former President Barack Obama, which gives the president the ability to send out nationwide alerts addressing public safety issues.
“[/QUOTE]

Democrats/ Republicans two different sides of the same coin. Who cares! We’re the suckers for allowing them to divide us like this. None of this crap matters at the end of the day...

Go Canes!
Beat FSU!

Advertisement
This is a topic fraught with political land mines but … you’re right: Cubans in Miami tend to be more “white” (European) while Puerto Rican’s in NY tend to be more Taino/“European”/African.

I was in Cuba for the first time during the “Special Period” (basically, the time after the fall of the Soviet Union when Cuba’s support was cut off; Cubans were starving) and I was educated, by my eyes, to a population that was easily more than 50% black - or what would easily be described as “black” in the US, Jamaica, Bahamas or even Nigeria.

I read about this previously (also an example in Brazil…) but you can find a citation in Wikipedia where University of Miami went to Cuba and determined that 62% of the Cuban population was “black”, yet Cuba did a census in the 90’s/00’s (I think) where Cubans self-identified, which described 62% of the population as “white”.

Politics mess up lots of stuff. Over here in the “New World” the people from the various regions come from different origins because of coloninization. The various “native Indians” groups, the Europeans(illegal aliens from the Indians view) and black slaves.

In Cuba the indigenous native most died off leaving mostly Spaniards and the black slaves brought over and now large numbers of mixed race. Eventually a significant number of Chinese came there also. Most of the Cubans who came to Florida after Batista and then Castro were the land owners and then the professional classes and mostly white of Spanish decent. Most of castro’s Support came from field laborers and was black or mixed. Later more mixed race peoples came here.

Other places, like Mexico, Latin America and South America had larger populations of Indians survive and less Spanish immigration so more “skin color” is present. The native North American Indians seem to be more Asian than those south of us. They were killed off in. Large numbers of Cektic and Anglo saxons immigrated from Britain giving America a more white population. Again black slaves from Africa got thrown into the mix, followed by more Europeans later. Strangely politics treat everyone of any Hispanic decent as latino even if they are clearly more black. Now if you are American then you get sliced and diced into ever growing numbers of groups.

It might seem we are all mixed up over here but Europe itself is a mess going way back. Heck, a large number of “Italians “ are in fact Lombards. Forget about Spain. They are serious mix of different peoples including Romans, who might or might not be descendants of Troy, Phoenician, moors et al. My Cuban wife was in Barcelona last year and discovered everyone look like her. Barcelona is Catalonian and seeking freedom from Spain. In short be careful who you decide to hate, you might be one of them. Thank God we are all Canes.

I know the puerto ricans and dominicans in NYC consider themselves latino. I assume part of it is the fact that lots of cubans look like white people. Even light skin puerto ricans and dominicans you can tell they are still hispanic. I have seen tons of cubans in Miami who I assumed where white until they started speaking fluent Spanish. Guys like Andy Garcia and ted Cruzs dad look straight up white. Even Rubio. If he said he was a white guy from italy or greece or something like that most people would believe them.
Good morning OGH... a little history to add this morning. In 1959 when Castro took over, was the beginning of the Cuban exodus out of the island. The over one million that left Cuba through out the early years were mostly the light skinned Cubans who were professionals or business owners. The poorer folks bought into the redistribution of wealth promise, and so goes the history of Cuba thereafter. Also keep in mind that after Columbus came to the West Indies in 1492, Havana was the largest colony/port for Spain in the region. Florida was under Spanish control for 250 years until 1763, but Havana continued to be Spain's main strong hold. Hence Cubans were somewhat different racially/culturally than other Hispanic countries.

Politics mess up lots of stuff. Over here in the “New World” the people from the various regions come from different origins because of coloninization. The various “native Indians” groups, the Europeans(illegal aliens from the Indians view) and black slaves.

In Cuba the indigenous native most died off leaving mostly Spaniards and the black slaves brought over and now large numbers of mixed race. Eventually a significant number of Chinese came there also. Most of the Cubans who came to Florida after Batista and then Castro were the land owners and then the professional classes and mostly white of Spanish decent. Most of castro’s Support came from field laborers and was black or mixed. Later more mixed race peoples came here.

Other places, like Mexico, Latin America and South America had larger populations of Indians survive and less Spanish immigration so more “skin color” is present. The native North American Indians seem to be more Asian than those south of us. They were killed off in. Large numbers of Cektic and Anglo saxons immigrated from Britain giving America a more white population. Again black slaves from Africa got thrown into the mix, followed by more Europeans later. Strangely politics treat everyone of any Hispanic decent as latino even if they are clearly more black. Now if you are American then you get sliced and diced into ever growing numbers of groups.

It might seem we are all mixed up over here but Europe itself is a mess going way back. Heck, a large number of “Italians “ are in fact Lombards. Forget about Spain. They are serious mix of different peoples including Romans, who might or might not be descendants of Troy, Phoenician, moors et al. My Cuban wife was in Barcelona last year and discovered everyone look like her. Barcelona is Catalonian and seeking freedom from Spain. In short be careful who you decide to hate, you might be one of them. Thank God we are all Canes.
Very nice Gatorhator, good stuff. I was writing my post at the same time you were... no conflict.

Advertisement
Good morning OGH... a little history to add this morning. In 1959 when Castro took over, was the beginning of the Cuban exodus out of the island. The over one million that left Cuba through out the early years were mostly the light skinned Cubans who were professionals or business owners. The poorer folks bought into the redistribution of wealth promise, and so goes the history of Cuba thereafter. Also keep in mind that after Columbus came to the West Indies in 1492, Havana was the largest colony/port for Spain in the region. Florida was under Spanish control for 250 years until 1763, but Havana continued to be Spain's main strong hold. Hence Cubans were somewhat different racially/culturally than other Hispanic countries.

History and politically ideological talking points don’t go together. **** of a lot more to that and you’re dismissing it purposely or through ignorance. It doesn’t get a dismissive vote down but that’s not only inaccurate, it’s a grenade and the board ain’t the place for it.

History and politically ideological talking points don’t go together. **** of a lot more to that and you’re dismissing it purposely or through ignorance. It doesn’t get a dismissive vote down but that’s not only inaccurate, it’s a grenade and the board ain’t the place for it.
Tell me... I'm dying to hear where it is that I went awry historically. Are you arguing that the main mantra of the Communist philosophy isn't the redistribution of wealth, or the elimination of the rich class.

Tell me... I'm dying to hear where it is that I went awry historically. Are you arguing that the main mantra of the Communist philosophy isn't the redistribution of wealth, or the elimination of the rich class.
Neither. You’re 100% correct there and I have no issue with it. But, in hindsight, I should have left the bolded at “bought into”.

Again, historically there’s more there; it’s inaccurate.

Advertisement
My phone stays on vibrate at work and the only reason I know about this is because I happened to be looking at my phone at that moment. It didn't make a sound or vibrate

Neither. You’re 100% correct there and I have no issue with it. But, in hindsight, I should have left the bolded at “bought into”.

Again, historically there’s more there; it’s inaccurate.
Ok so we agree on the main concept stated... however you have a semantical issue with "bought into" part. Please explain.

For the negative nancies that negged me with no sense of humor, I know it's a touchy subject but ****!!! Is this better for you 🤔😁
IMG-20181003-WA00230011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back