OT: Presidential Alerts today (I got this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over half the Cubans in Florida voted for a certain guy who runs a certain country

My wife is Cuban and she rather strongly has advised me that she is NOT Latino. Hispanic yes, but not Latino. Her father,rip, also Cuban and highly educated, always told me the same thing. Way back in the memory cells, I do recall that Latino referred to people from Latin America. Actually, to be honest my wife insist she is Italian, a lie she told me when we met because she thought I disliked Cubans. I’m half Italian but the funny thing is that I really don’t get along with them. Anyway, anyone know if my Italian, Cuban, Hispanic, Latino wife needs to leave?

Advertisement
LMAO. Seriously though, I hope these aren't frequent alerts because it is very inconvenient to have an unsilenceable alert. Its not like I am ever going to read the thing if it goes off. I am not a first responder that is going to hop in my car and race to the scene of the disturbance.

I think it is supposed to be tested every three years. Anyone know what party did this? I heard it was for gobal warming warnings. I am happy to report that my $19.99 flip phone was silent all day long.

Anyone know how to turn that **** off? I had my phone on silent and I was in a meeting and all of a sudden the things does this loud crazy ringtone that I didn't even know I had for like 10 seconds. Even on do not disturb it still goes through. Any ideas? thanks.

It's a simple fix! Just build a wall between you and your phone.

My wife is Cuban and she rather strongly has advised me that she is NOT Latino. Hispanic yes, but not Latino. Her father,rip, also Cuban and highly educated, always told me the same thing. Way back in the memory cells, I do recall that Latino referred to people from Latin America. Actually, to be honest my wife insist she is Italian, a lie she told me when we met because she thought I disliked Cubans. I’m half Italian but the funny thing is that I really don’t get along with them. Anyway, anyone know if my Italian, Cuban, Hispanic, Latino wife needs to leave?
Brother... she's correct. Hispanic yes though but I've heard the same thing regarding Latino. There's also another issue... Argentinians are not Latino either... they are Italian also. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

I think it is supposed to be tested every three years. Anyone know what party did this? I heard it was for gobal warming warnings. I am happy to report that my $19.99 flip phone was silent all day long.

I think Obama signed the law that put it into effect. What brand is that phone? I may be purchasing one in the near future if it ever wakes me up in the middle of the night lmao.

Advertisement
Brother... she's correct. Hispanic yes though but I've heard the same thing regarding Latino. There's also another issue... Argentinians are not Latino either... they are Italian also. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

I know the puerto ricans and dominicans in NYC consider themselves latino. I assume part of it is the fact that lots of cubans look like white people. Even light skin puerto ricans and dominicans you can tell they are still hispanic. I have seen tons of cubans in Miami who I assumed where white until they started speaking fluent Spanish. Guys like Andy Garcia and ted Cruzs dad look straight up white. Even Rubio. If he said he was a white guy from italy or greece or something like that most people would believe them.

I know the puerto ricans and dominicans in NYC consider themselves latino. I assume part of it is the fact that lots of cubans look like white people. Even light skin puerto ricans and dominicans you can tell they are still hispanic. I have seen tons of cubans in Miami who I assumed where white until they started speaking fluent Spanish. Guys like Andy Garcia and ted Cruzs dad look straight up white. Even Rubio. If he said he was a white guy from italy or greece or something like that most people would believe them.
Brother... you just opened up a can of worms with this topic... good thing it's 12:11AM
The white issue is a very debatable and complicated topic created by those who believe they are pure of race. Let's not go there.

I think that ancestry.com results should be presented when filling out ethnicity choices... LOL

Brother... you just opened up a can of worms with this topic... good thing it's 12:11AM
The white issue is a very debatable and complicated topic created by those who believe they are pure of race. Let's not go there.

My bad. I didn't mean it like that. Its just that coming from NY every latino I see you know is Latino. When I got down to Miami and I was shocked when I found out a few of my boys were 100% Cuban because I thought they were 100% white.

Advertisement
Can’t turn off alerts.
The alerts are huge. They’re the best alerts. The finest sounding alerts. Everyone loves the alerts.
The alerts got huge ratings. Everyone wants more alerts and can’t wait for the next one.
I will be selling the alerts to Mexico so it can pay for the wall.
North Korea wants to use my alerts as the official icbm warning alert even though no one in North Korea has cell phones.

My bad. I didn't mean it like that. Its just that coming from NY every latino I see you know is Latino. When I got down to Miami and I was shocked when I found out a few of my boys were 100% Cuban because I thought they were 100% white.
Cubans while being Hispanic, feel that they are not the same as other Latinos. This is evident with politics, culture and history. Same with Argentinians... and yes there is a racial factor with this especially with the Argentinians.
Look I lived in NY years ago and what was great is that everybody was on more of a transparent racial plain than when I moved to Miami in 1965 as a kid.

It’s weird I don’t think Cubans really have a color I got shocked too when a couple my friends who were whiter than me were throwing down fluent Spanish.

LMAO. Seriously though, I hope these aren't frequent alerts because it is very inconvenient to have an unsilenceable alert. Its not like I am ever going to read the thing if it goes off. I am not a first responder that is going to hop in my car and race to the scene of the disturbance.
I read that the presidential alert would be sent to virtually all U.S. cell phones.

Advertisement
Cubans while being Hispanic, feel that they are not the same as other Latinos. This is evident with politics, culture and history. Same with Argentinians... and yes there is a racial factor with this especially with the Argentinians.
Look I lived in NY years ago and what was great is that everybody was on more of a transparent racial plain than when I moved to Miami in 1965 as a kid.
Yeah. You're right. In NYC back then, everyone was Puerto Ricans.

That's up to you. Getting tired of her?

Advertisement
It’s weird I don’t think Cubans really have a color I got shocked too when a couple my friends who were whiter than me were throwing down fluent Spanish.
I think a lot of Cubans were descended from Spaniards. That might include some Moorish ancestry, though, so you might really be brothers.

I think a lot of Cubans were descended from Spaniards. That might include some Moorish ancestry, though, so you might really be brothers.
I took "Conversational Spanish" in junior high school in Miami in the early 60's. Even then there were confusing aspects of this... the teacher year 1 was Mrs. Gonzales, a Cuban. In year 2, Mrs. Ozete, a Spaniard. They taught different variations of pronunciation, and even some grammar differences...

...to those students who were confused and asked about it, they explained it was "Cuban Spanish" (one taught) versus "Castillian Spanish". In high school I worked in a hospital kitchen which was 80% Cuban, and sure enough, they spoke as Mrs. Gonzalez had taught. I still don't fully understand, and hope I'm not really supposed to! :)

Ya I got that vibe from my Cuban friends in Miami as well. Even the style of dress is different. The Latinos in NY would dress in a similar fashion to black people(sagging pants, braids, backwards hats, etc.) where as the Cubans would dress a lot more preppy. That is just my observations I have noticed from living their for 4 years lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back